Author Topic: Portuguese lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and the Arade dam search.  (Read 57612 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Portuguese lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
It appears to me that the judge upheld the law.
Dr Amaral was not found to be culpable in any torture or the orchestration of it.

No, but he was the Head Honcho. 

All the above is in my opinion. but you tell me how else it could have been

The Judge was only considering perjury (lying) and Amaral was damned lucky that was all, imo.  I would have charged him for other things

[...speculations bordering on libel removed ...]

stephen25000

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »

I think she has already shown courage in just posting here

And while were at it when are you going to Portugal to picket the Portuguese Government?

Courage ??? 8-)(--)

As to picketing, pray tell me why would I do that ?

Meanwhile your pretence of nrutrality, as always, is quite laughable.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2014, 11:36:19 AM »
Well if she has the courage of her convictions, make them  Portugal.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say...we all post from the comfort of our homes...its a barmy suggestion

Estuarine

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »
No, but he was the Head Honcho. 

All the above is in my opinion. but you tell me how else it could have been

The Judge was only considering perjury (lying) and Amaral was damned lucky that was all, imo.  I would have charged him for other things

[...speculations bordering on libel removed ...]

7 July 2012
Thanks to Ines for translation
SNIP///
However, based upon the witness statements heard – including that of Leonor Cipriano - the Court did not admit as proven that Gonçalo Amaral had been present at the acts of torture nor that he had coordinated the team which inflicted them.

Nevertheless, the judgement alleged that Aragão Correia knew that publicly attributing those acts to someone could constitute material "that was damaging to his honour and dignity", however he did this in the conviction that Leonor had told him the truth.

This is what the court said. Until someone appeals the judgement and the appeal upheld this will stand. It matters not what you, I, Uncle Tom Cobley and a few more others think
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:18:37 PM by Admin »

Offline sadie

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
7 July 2012
Thanks to Ines for translation
SNIP///
However, based upon the witness statements heard – including that of Leonor Cipriano - the Court did not admit as proven that Gonçalo Amaral had been present at the acts of torture nor that he had coordinated the team which inflicted them.

Nevertheless, the judgement alleged that Aragão Correia knew that publicly attributing those acts to someone could constitute material "that was damaging to his honour and dignity", however he did this in the conviction that Leonor had told him the truth.

This is what the court said. Until someone appeals the judgement and the appeal upheld this will stand. It matters not what you, I, Uncle Tom Cobley and a few more others think
And being as this is Portugal, where somebody in the past few days said that no appeal in, was it 35 years?, had been allowed ,

... seems it matters not what you, I, Uncle Tom Cobley and a few more others think.

In other words, let the ordinary fair person get stuffed.  We the Fascist leaders [the eltes]are in control. 

Is PT under Illuminatii total control yet?  Seems like it

Offline sadie

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
Why, she is effectively accusing him of 'setting up torture;.

That's pure libel, isn't it davel ?

You are fond of accusing others of that. 8)-)))
You have to understand the difference between opinion and stating things as fact, Stephen

Everything I say is in my opinion ... but is based upon the fact that Amaral was Head Honcho.  He led.  He organised.  He oversaw everything .,.. or should have done.

stephen25000

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »
You have to understand the difference between opinion and stating things as fact, Stephen

Everything I say is in my opinion ... but is based upon the fact that Amaral was Head Honcho.  He led.  He organised.  He oversaw everything .,.. or should have done.

So are you accusing Amaral of organizing torture, yes or no ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »
John's summary:

Jan 2008 - Says that he paid British divers from Dive Time, Lagos, Algarve to search one part of the Arade Dam at a cost of at least £1,200 a day. He says he did this out of the goodness of his own heart, but he later conceded that Método 3 paid him ‘expenses’ [denied by Método 3].

John seems to have found something to indicate that M3 denied funding Marcos, but he hasn't posted the sources.

Could you provide some kind of reliable source about this, John? What, if any, these expenses actually concerned? He might well have been paid expenses to be interviewed by the PIs to check if he had any knowledge of what may have happened to her. I don't see a problem with that. Is there anything verifiable beyond that? It may even be possible that costs were paid to check the lake. I wouldn't have a problem with that either (if ever that was the case). The hunt for little April was massive and if the police hadn't explored that possibility, there may have been a missed lead.

Offline Admin

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
Members are warned that posting libellous comments render them liable to suspension.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »
Indeed he did.

As I have said before, it also highlights just how difficult it is to prove libel in Portugal.

Again mccanns and supporters, take note.

of course even though amaral has been found not guilty  it doesn't mean he is innocent

Offline John

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Members are warned that posting libellous comments render them liable to suspension.

Your opinion does not entitle you to defame Gonçalo Amaral.  If you still don't comprehend the meaning of the term libel by now I suggest you read up on it.

In fact, now that you have been muted I suggest you take the time to do so.   8(0(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
Is it reasonable to wonder if Metado 3  directed Marcos Aragao Correia to involve himself in the Cipriano case  ?

Is that a reasonable conjecture to make  ?   

Offline Admin

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
Is it reasonable to wonder if Metado 3  directed Marcos Aragao Correia to involve himself in the Cipriano case  ?

Is that a reasonable conjecture to make  ?

Correia talked of Amaral being his target after the PJ trial had been concluded and Amaral was left with a criminal conviction.  One can merely guess who if anyone he was working for.  However, it is fact that Marcos Correia and Metodo 3 had a close working relationship and both hated Goncalo Amaral.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:12:01 PM by Admin »

Offline jassi

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
Correia talked of Amaral being his target after the PJ trial had been concluded and Amaral was left with a criminal conviction.  One can merely guess who if anyone he was working for. However, it is fact that Marcos Correia and Metodo 3 had a close working relationship and both hated Goncalo Amaral.

Do you know the reasons for that?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Estuarine

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
of course even though amaral has been found not guilty  it doesn't mean he is innocent

You need to make up your mind how you want to use that argument and its reciprocal as it were.
 @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*