Author Topic: The CCTV camera which Amaral claimed captured the image of the man carrying Madeleine.  (Read 42758 times)

Offline pegasus

Another possibility:
In same photo (  http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9058/zvk9.jpg  ) could the small rectangular structure (to the right of the bins) be a bus shelter? If so then it is possible an innocent father with child gets off bus and walks downhill to their home. The location of bus stops and whether there is a bus arriving at about 10pm might easily be checked.

Offline pathfinder73

That's why they'll be checking all phone records but I think this would've been kept secret from anyone. Too much to lose if found out.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline twisted

Another terrible possibility. Smithman LIVES on the route from Ocean Club to sighting. He snatches Madeleine around 21.45. Is at his home on route by 21.50. Abuses the little girl who then screams. You can figure the rest. Moves the body quickly towards ocean. The abductor almost certainly, IMO, speaks English. How else would he have found out about the lax checking?

Offline Wonderfulspam

Another terrible possibility. Smithman LIVES on the route from Ocean Club to sighting. He snatches Madeleine around 21.45. Is at his home on route by 21.50. Abuses the little girl who then screams. You can figure the rest. Moves the body quickly towards ocean. The abductor almost certainly, IMO, speaks English. How else would he have found out about the lax checking?

Smithman who by shear coincidence happens to bare a passing resemblance to Gerry McCann, speaks English & lives near the Ocean Club, has an overwhelming urge to abduct one specific child from her bed & carries out a detailed surveillance on a holiday groups child care arrangements in order to fulfill his desire.

Once he has carried out his terrible deed he returns to his usual life & despite having been so successful in his previous act he never re offends in his local area again.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pathfinder73

Smithman is indeed very interesting and the key to unlocking this case. Hey Pegasus, the keys to the church were received on Tue 8 May. Have you any plans of the church? What's underneath it? Were there any reports of any bad smells there or just rumours?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:51:03 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

I am not sure if the keys were given Tue or a previous day. They were visited by both denominations sooner than that.
Have no plans of church and no indication of catacombs cellars or secret tunnels.
There are several modern circular drain outlets on the shore.
On the rocks at the small beach below the fortaleza there is an old big rectangular drain outlet there is a photo somewhere of two exsoldier searchers checking it but I don't know where it drains from.

Offline pathfinder73

Thanks. I've seen the pipe picture with the soldiers. I'm wanting to know if there is a cellar or access to a room underneath the church? Sat 12 May Madeleine's 4th Birthday at Church. Any reports of bad smells?

p.s. Sat 5th May when Patricia Cameron arrived. She said they had a car to use. It would be interesting to know which car that was in light of the Carolyn Kish discrepancy sighting on the 7 May?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:53:46 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

At the small beach it is not a pipe, it looks much older, see the last outlet here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id340.html

Offline pathfinder73

Thanks see church thread. Keep it on that one.

Offline Mr Gray

"almost certain" is no speculation, DCI RW said it and it's certainly not equal to "certain".

didn't you say annne that by law no cctv cameras can be pointed towards the street in portugal

Offline Sherlock Holmes

didn't you say annne that by law no cctv cameras can be pointed towards the street in portugal

I thought I read this as well.

But in that case why would Amaral have made such a strong point about the missing tape?

Offline Mr Gray

But in that case why would Amaral have made such a strong point about the missing tape?

perhaps anne could explain

AnneGuedes

I don't think he made such a strong point. The camera was pointing to the access of some private property. Doing this it had to catch a part of the street. What if Smithman walked on the other side ?

Offline Mr Gray

I don't think he made such a strong point. The camera was pointing to the access of some private property. Doing this it had to catch a part of the street. What if Smithman walked on the other side ?

oh you did anne

Offline Sherlock Holmes

I'm confused, Anne.

Dr Amaral talks on camera about this CCTV, as recorded in more than one documentary on this topic. (Sorry I am very busy tonight and don't have time to look them up).

Numerous stills exist of him photographed underneath the camera, lamenting the fact that his officers got there too late.

Isn't that the topic of this thread?