Author Topic: CrimeWatch.. Spot The Policemen  (Read 2663 times)

Offline [...]

CrimeWatch.. Spot The Policemen
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »
Thought I would add a new thread, could be of relevance to some, or just a distraction....

And as Crime Watch has featured many many cases, I thought maybe I might recognise some of the people I keep saying I had seen before and maybe they had actually been on an episode of Crime Watch and I had confused the fact I had recognised them with them taking part in a program...

So spotting various Police officers that we have come to know over the years on the old Crime Watch programs, I have never been sure if they always use real Police officers in their recreations or not, and if they had ,why were they not credited?? ( They should be... it's only fair..)

Was looking at an old "Crime Watch File" program called "The Iceman" is was about the Murder of Harry and Nichola Fuller and Stephen Young an insurance broker had committed said crime.... A Murder that happened in 1993 and trial that was 1994..

The Iceman reconstruction of the event was made in 1996... (by Crime watch)

At 16:41 of the program an Officer I recognised made an entrance, his name was DC Fulcher, I knew I had seen Fulcher before, must have been from this program.... It's hard to work out who's a real Police Officer and who is just an actor sometimes in these programs...

So according to this program, DC Fuller initially interviewed Stephen Young in his insurance Office accompanied by another Officer called DC Bye... (Odd name)...

"There's two Police officers here to see you"  (Secretary)
"Oh can I help?" (Stephen Young)
"I'm DC Fulcher, this is DC Bye" (DC Fulcher)
"Hello" (DC Bye)
"Just a few questions about Harry Fuller, you knew him?" (DC Fulcher)
" I did some insurance for him" (Stephen Young)
" How Long have you known him? (DC Fulcher)
" I meet Harry... let me think now, 'bout 1981 then we lost touch, then about May, June last year. I ran into him
  in a pub near here"(Stephen Young)
" Was he a friend of yours?" ( DC Fulcher)
"The only dealings I had with him were Insurance, No.. I couldn't call myself a friend of his no."( S. Young)
" When was the last time you spoke to Harry?" ( DC Fulcher)
" I think it was the Thursday or Friday of the week before he died, he called me about his insurance cover note, it
  was about to expire" ( Stephen Young)
" Were you anywhere near the Murder scene on the morning of the 10th?" ( DC Fulcher)
"No" ( Stephen Fulcher)
"It's just routine.. where were you on that morning?"( DC Fulcher)
"Here.. working. I'm sure my secretary will vouch for that" ( Stephen Young)
"How's business"? (DC Bye)
"Well it has it's ups and downs, it solvent... it's doing well" ( Stephen Young")
"Is there anything else at all you can add to help the inquiry?" ( DC Fulcher)
"No" ( Stephen Young")

Part of the reason for this thread was also to question, if what is recreated is actually what had been stated in interview? I wanted to know whether or not the program was accurate? I just assume it must be seeing as they would have taken notes at the time and the interview with DC Fulcher is just what it says on the tin.... (after all there has been a trial).

Just a clip here of Ex Policeman Steve Fulcher and how he is now.. (or more recently)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se7Ix02WgyI

Have Crime Watch always used real Detectives in their reconstructions?  I mean in scenes of the case.. ie in the office of an insurance broker and not just an interview to camera??? I only say this because I am slightly surprised at this, I would have imagined that they would have wanted to keep the identities of their serving Officers under wraps... Obviously that cannot be the case, as we have DC Fulcher as he was then appearing in the reconstruction of this particular crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOCsShXJhK0   ( The Iceman)

Calling Stephen Young "The Iceman" reminded me of an American Serial Killer Richard Kuklinski, and I don't remember seeing the Crimewatch program before, so when I saw the title and was watching the program I had visions of Kulkinski being mentioned or the Killer actually being a hitman... Turned out to be an insurance man, no connection to a serial killer or hitman... Couldn't really understand why the called him 'The Iceman".... ( But thats me)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

Offline Caroline

Re: CrimeWatch.. Spot The Policemen
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »
Thought I would add a new thread, could be of relevance to some, or just a distraction....

And as Crime Watch has featured many many cases, I thought maybe I might recognise some of the people I keep saying I had seen before and maybe they had actually been on an episode of Crime Watch and I had confused the fact I had recognised them with them taking part in a program...

So spotting various Police officers that we have come to know over the years on the old Crime Watch programs, I have never been sure if they always use real Police officers in their recreations or not, and if they had ,why were they not credited?? ( They should be... it's only fair..)

Was looking at an old "Crime Watch File" program called "The Iceman" is was about the Murder of Harry and Nichola Fuller and Stephen Young an insurance broker had committed said crime.... A Murder that happened in 1993 and trial that was 1994..

The Iceman reconstruction of the event was made in 1996... (by Crime watch)

At 16:41 of the program an Officer I recognised made an entrance, his name was DC Fulcher, I knew I had seen Fulcher before, must have been from this program.... It's hard to work out who's a real Police Officer and who is just an actor sometimes in these programs...

So according to this program, DC Fuller initially interviewed Stephen Young in his insurance Office accompanied by another Officer called DC Bye... (Odd name)...

Part of the reason for this thread was also to question, if what is recreated is actually what had been stated in interview? I wanted to know whether or not the program was accurate? I just assume it must be seeing as they would have taken notes at the time and the interview with DC Fulcher is just what it says on the tin.... (after all there has been a trial).

Just a clip here of Ex Policeman Steve Fulcher and how he is now.. (or more recently)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se7Ix02WgyI

Have Crime Watch always used real Detectives in their reconstructions?  I mean in scenes of the case.. ie in the office of an insurance broker and not just an interview to camera??? I only say this because I am slightly surprised at this, I would have imagined that they would have wanted to keep the identities of their serving Officers under wraps... Obviously that cannot be the case, as we have DC Fulcher as he was then appearing in the reconstruction of this particular crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOCsShXJhK0   ( The Iceman)

Calling Stephen Young "The Iceman" reminded me of an American Serial Killer Richard Kuklinski, and I don't remember seeing the Crimewatch program before, so when I saw the title and was watching the program I had visions of Kulkinski being mentioned or the Killer actually being a hitman... Turned out to be an insurance man, no connection to a serial killer or hitman... Couldn't really understand why the called him 'The Iceman".... ( But thats me)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

They use actors in the reconstruction but perhaps they should hammer this fact home and things like the following, may not happen.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/actor-who-starred-crimewatch-reconstruction-6417895

Offline [...]

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »
They use actors in the reconstruction but perhaps they should hammer this fact home and things like the following, may not happen.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/actor-who-starred-crimewatch-reconstruction-6417895

Offline Myster

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:26:40 AM »
And Temporary Detective Inspector Paul Catton is NOT a civilian!

From Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_ranks_of_the_United_Kingdom

The prefix "temporary" before a rank (e.g. temporary detective sergeant, abbreviated T/DS) denotes an officer who has been temporarily promoted to a rank (and so who does actually hold that rank, albeit on a temporary basis), whilst the prefix "acting" (e.g. acting inspector, abbreviated A/Insp) denotes an officer who is performing the role of a higher rank than the one actually held (sometimes informally termed "acting up"). Temporary ranks are often used for set periods (e.g. a six-month appointment to a particular role), whereas acting ranks, although sometimes held for extended periods, are often used for a very short time (e.g. a single shift when additional supervisory officers are required, or to replace an officer on short-term leave).
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.