Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1495837 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #4095 on: August 04, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »
cleared relates to innocence.....but doesnt mean innocent

But as they said they were cleared and the SC said they were, presumption of innocence is a red herring ( as basically stated by the SC)

And let not be said, too, that the appellants were cleared by the order of filing the criminal proceedings.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4096 on: August 04, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »
But as they said they were cleared and the SC said they were, presumption of innocence is a red herring ( as basically stated by the SC)

I think its important to cut teh wheat from the chaff.........the appeal against the SC jdgement claimed thye were entitled to the POI...the SC said they were not because the investigation suspected them...which of course is an invalid argument by the SC

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4097 on: August 04, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »
I think its important to cut teh wheat from the chaff.........the appeal against the SC jdgement claimed thye were entitled to the POI...the SC said they were not because the investigation suspected them...which of course is an invalid argument by the SC

The SC stated that POI did not apply in civil cases. The Cleared/Not Cleared was a separate argument and not related to the POI claim from the judgement.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4098 on: August 04, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »
The SC stated that POI did not apply in civil cases. The Cleared/Not Cleared was a separate argument and not related to the POI claim from the judgement.

the SC also said the POI didnt apply because the investigation suspected them and they hadnt been cleared....which is an invalid argument

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4099 on: August 04, 2018, 07:27:46 PM »
You do know that their arguments were jettisoned don’t you ?  In the eyes of the law it is the McCanns who are ‘damned’ when the lost their appeal.
That is libellous for sure.  It was a civil case over damages not a criminal case.  So there is no damning going on thank you.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4100 on: August 04, 2018, 07:33:15 PM »
the SC also said the POI didnt apply because the investigation suspected them and they hadnt been cleared....which is an invalid argument

We consider, therefore, that the invocation of breach of the principle of presumption of innocence should not be upheld. That principle does not fall under the decision about the question that has to be resolved.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4101 on: August 04, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »

I cant really comment on your posts as you post in such a manner they do not appear when quoted

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4102 on: August 05, 2018, 11:05:22 AM »
What do the McCanns have to worry about? They have already lost their eldest daughter, possibly forever. They will worry that, if the case is never solved, they will lose the trust of and possibly contact with the twins who are now old enough to be influenced by what they read on the internet & in books.
Those who support the parents - and ultimately Madeleine - do not do so purely for the sake of reputation. They do so in order to provide an alternative to the opinions of those who weren't present when Madeleine disappeared.
IMO it is important for the twins to still believe their sister is still worth caring about & searching for.
IMO it is important for the McCann family as a whole to know that not everybody believes the court of public opinion has concluded they have committed an appalling crime. It's important for the twins to know that not everybody believes their parents are the monsters some portray them to be.
IMO In a wider sense. it is also important for the twins to realise that UK police, governments, secret agents et al have not conspired for 11 years to keep their parents out of jail & don't really operate for the common good.
A UK court has a prosecution and a defence for a very good reason. Your apparent desire to only allow the prosecution to have a voice without permitting a counter argument shows a lack of real concern for Madeleine's fate & other potential future victims - but I guess that's a reflection of the Portuguese justice system.

All IMHO.

Firstly the same as everyone else - you don't know what happened to maddie or who was involved in her disappearance.

secondly what the twins found out is that they were left alone unsupervised in an apartment and maddie - who went with them never came back.

what ever the twins think of that -  they will come to their own conclusion.

No injustice to mcns -  would have happened there were too many top people as well as lawyers involved .

My point was why i think posters who believe maddie was abducted - constantly protect them.

From very early on imo the fund was used to facilitate the mcns in there quest of protection from media etc

This they achieved as D said -   we are not allowed to say what we really think of mcns

The protection they enjoy as adults - should have been given to maddie the child...they wouldnt be where they are today.

It just seems odd to me how posteres can sit on here constantly defending them when there is no proof whatsoever there was an abduction IMO

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4103 on: August 05, 2018, 03:34:17 PM »

Firstly the same as everyone else - you don't know what happened to maddie or who was involved in her disappearance.

secondly what the twins found out is that they were left alone unsupervised in an apartment and maddie - who went with them never came back.

what ever the twins think of that -  they will come to their own conclusion.

No injustice to mcns -  would have happened there were too many top people as well as lawyers involved .

My point was why i think posters who believe maddie was abducted - constantly protect them.

From very early on imo the fund was used to facilitate the mcns in there quest of protection from media etc

This they achieved as D said -   we are not allowed to say what we really think of mcns

The protection they enjoy as adults - should have been given to maddie the child...they wouldnt be where they are today.

It just seems odd to me how posteres can sit on here constantly defending them when there is no proof whatsoever there was an abduction IMO

It is becoming tiresome that the player is being kicked but not the ball.  Please confine discussion to the content of posts and leave speculation about the poster in the dugout.  TY
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4104 on: August 05, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »
It is becoming tiresome that the player is being kicked but not the ball.  Please confine discussion to the content of posts and leave speculation about the poster in the dugout.  TY

You never went in for Sunday League stuff then? where there were but two rules. If it's moving kick it; if it ain't moving kick it till it does.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4105 on: August 05, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »
You never went in for Sunday League stuff then? where there were but two rules. If it's moving kick it; if it ain't moving kick it till it does.
I haven't heard that in the last 40 years or so.

We had a rougher version "If it's moving kick it till it dies; if it ain't moving kick it till it moves, then kill it".

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:03:33 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4106 on: August 06, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »

where i was concerned it was in content with the post.

How does M know there is an alternate to the abduction - in my opinion there is no proof maddie was abducted.

M was not there either.

As for the twins - they will find out for themselves - like just reading the case files discrepancies ect.

they will decide for themselves
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:35:39 AM by Brietta »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4107 on: August 06, 2018, 10:43:03 AM »
where i was concerned it was in content with the post.

How does M know there is an alternate to the abduction - in my opinion there is no proof maddie was abducted.

M was not there either.

As for the twins - they will find out for themselves - like just reading the case files discrepancies ect.

they will decide for themselves
"M" stands for whom?
Moderation

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4108 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
"M" stands for whom?

The poster i replied to R

Offline sadie

« Reply #4109 on: August 06, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
I would accept "The dogs are trained to alert to cadaver odour and to dried human blood"
And Eddie was trained on pig cadavar, so please add that.

Any training that a dog has had cannot be untrained.  Loads about this in a previious thread

IMO, it would be better to accept:

"The dogs are trained to alert to human cadaver odour, dried human blood and to PIG cadaver."