Author Topic: Adrian Prout - Convicted of murdering wife Kate  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Admin

Adrian Prout - Convicted of murdering wife Kate
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:59 PM »
The jury at Bristol Crown Court took 14 hours and 17 minutes to find Adrian Prout guilty of murder by a majority of ten to one. He showed no emotion as he was told by the judge that he will receive a mandatory life sentence when he returned to court for sentencing.

Kate Prout, a retired teacher ten years her husband’s senior, vanished in 2007 in the middle of an acrimonious divorce battle. The couple had continued to live in the same house in Redmarley, despite threats from Mr Prout that he would kill her and knew people who could “get rid of bodies”, until shortly before her disappearance.

In fact, Mr Prout had the means and the opportunity. Among his business interests was a pipe-laying company that used heavy digging equipment. He also owned more than 276 acres of land where he ran pheasant shoots. Police were convinced from the start that Mrs Prout was dead and had not just run away from her bullying husband.

Her credit cards, mobile phone and passport were all left in the house and she had given no hint that she was planning to leave. The trigger that led to her killing was a demand that her husband increase her divorce settlement to £800,000, a sum that meant that he would have to sell his farm, which was valued at £1.2 million, and start again from scratch.

The prosecution contended that Prout killed his wife with his bare hands. Having disposed of her body he then waited five days to report her disappearance to the police.

Throughout the inquiry he showed little or no interest in her whereabouts and stayed cool even when officers returned time and again to search his land. The search lasted five weeks and was the largest in Gloucestershire Police’s history. Lakes were drained and ground-penetrating radar and dogs used to search for a body, but of Mrs Prout there was no sign.

Here are some related video's.....

Video: Police interview with Adrian Prout

Other video footage.

Video: News Special - Police search farm for missing woman

Video: Kate Prout murder case: One year on

Video: Brother's appeal for missing Kate

Offline John

Re: Adrian Prout - Convicted of murdering wife Kate
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

Adrian and Kate Prout on their wedding day.

I found his attitude to police to be evasive and very hidden in this interview.  Surely any innocent person who was concerned for their wife would be jumping up and down demanding the police do something.  His body language is most revealing.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Justice K

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
The bit I didn't understand was how he was able to move from living in a caravan to a farm worth over a £million. I suspect Kate provided a sizeable sum of money to buy it with the remainder being mortgaged?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:30:52 PM by justice »
Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)

Offline Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »
It is quite clear that Kate brought a substantial sum of money to the partnership and as their marriage drew to an end she desired to have this money back which didn't sit too well with hubby.

Had Kate Prout done a runner she would have shown up by now so there can really only be one conclusion.

She was murdered and her body disposed of.   8(8-))

nugnug

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »
he seemed to be rather complacent in the police intervew.

i mean if it were my husband or wife i would be worried.

i wonder why he didnt phone the police when she went missing without her belongings.

Offline Admin

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »
he seemed to be rather complacent in the police intervew.

i mean if it were my husband or wife i would be worried.

i wonder why he didnt phone the police when she went missing without her belongings.

You would have thought he would have been asking the police questions like have they found her or where are they searching etc  etc.

Apparently he wasn't that helpful at all which leads us to suspect his motives.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Maybe a little off topic. But was Sandea Lean involved in the Prout case?

Offline Joanne

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
From what I gather (but I'm not sure), she said Kate was alive and Adrian was innocent. There may have been a report done or something but I'm not certain. When Kate was found I don't think Dr Lean offered any apology up to the family of Kate for the distress she had caused. John did tell me about it but at the time I asked a lot of other questions.

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
Maybe a little off topic. But was Sandea Lean involved in the Prout case?

In three words, "Very much so". 

Together with Billy Middleton, her former lover and now co director at the Wrongly Accused Person charity thingy they actively pursued and promoted the drivel that Kate Prout had run off and was hiding somewhere.  They actively promoted the false contention that Adrian Prout was innocent and provided a platform for Prout and his fiancee Debbie Garlick to attack Kate.

As Joanne has already posted I am unaware of any public apology ever being offered by Sandra Lean or Billy Middleton to Kates brother Richard for the upset they caused the family.

But this is actually nothing new for Lean.  Previously she has defended Middleton against the accusations publicly made by his ex wife to the effect that he molested and brutalised her and later murdered their baby daughter in a double arson attack at their home at Brae, Shetland Isles.  A charge which was later the subject of a trial in Aberdeen when the jury returned the notorious "not proven" verdict.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »
Cheers John! I heard her name mentioned on here weeks ago.. and it rung a bell but it just didn't click as to why. I remember her, she reminds me of a newspaper editor, it's all a big story, a drama... all ££ to her.

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
Cheers John! I heard her name mentioned on here weeks ago.. and it rung a bell but it just didn't click as to why. I remember her, she reminds me of a newspaper editor, it's all a big story, a drama... all ££ to her.

She is trying to be all things to all comers in order to build this big career as a criminologist.  Her pet project is the Luke Mitchell case as she is a personal friend of the family.  She and Middleton have named and blamed just about every male member of Jodi Jones' family for her murder in an attempt to win Luke Mitchell's freedom.

St Rita never had it so good!

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

She is trying to be all things to all comers in order to build this big career as a criminologist.  Her pet project is the Luke Mitchell case as she is a personal friend of the family.  She and Middleton have named and blamed just about every male member of Jodi Jones' family for her murder in an attempt to win Luke Mitchell's freedom.

St Rita never had it so good!

Yeah, the Mitchell case is something I know you've been involved with for many years. I'm 'debating' it on the blue forum as we speak. But the Mitchell family are.... deceptive. The Mother and the son helped secure the conviction (inadvertently) and are now backtracking and spreading as much rubbish as they can do. (As I'm sure you know)