Author Topic: Top UK murder detective reviews the Bamber case: verdict guilty!  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

In the recent ITV programme Bamber-The New Evidence Mick Gradwell, a retired murder detective, reviewed the Bamber case for the first time including all the so called new evidence produced by Bamber's defence team. Mick Cradwell states "the conviction is safe and that Jeremy Bamber, in a cold blooded and calculated way, killed his family and the evidence points that way quite significantly".   

About Mich Cradwell:
Ex-Detective Superintendant Michael Gradwell is one of the UK's most experienced Senior Detectives. As SIO at Lancashire Police, he presided over the investigation of some of the most high profile incidences in the UK. Mick has extensive experience of large complex enquiries, including the 2004 Morecambe Bay incident which innitially drew him and SRi Forensics together.

Mick Gradwell is now retired and as a senior Lancashire Police officer he has no connection with either Essex Police or the Jeremy Bamber case. He was engaged by Mark Williams-Thomas to give an independent assesment of the Bamber case for the ITV programme. After a thorough review including of the so called new evidence this senior murder detective is quite convinced the convictions of Jeremy Bamber are safe!

In my opinion it would be very arrogant of any amateur forum poster to think they know better than such a senior murder detective!

Offline Claudia

Re: Top UK murder detective reviews the Bamber case: verdict guilty!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

In the recent ITV programme Bamber-The New Evidence Mick Gradwell, a retired murder detective, reviewed the Bamber case for the first time including all the so called new evidence produced by Bamber's defence team. Mick Cradwell states "the conviction is safe and that Jeremy Bamber, in a cold blooded and calculated way, killed his family and the evidence points that way quite significantly".   

About Mich Cradwell:
Ex-Detective Superintendant Michael Gradwell is one of the UK's most experienced Senior Detectives. As SIO at Lancashire Police, he presided over the investigation of some of the most high profile incidences in the UK. Mick has extensive experience of large complex enquiries, including the 2004 Morecambe Bay incident which innitially drew him and SRi Forensics together.

Mick Gradwell is now retired and as a senior Lancashire Police officer he has no connection with either Essex Police or the Jeremy Bamber case. He was engaged by Mark Williams-Thomas to give an independent assesment of the Bamber case for the ITV programme. After a thorough review including of the so called new evidence this senior murder detective is quite convinced the convictions of Jeremy Bamber are safe!

In my opinion it would be very arrogant of any amateur forum poster to think they know better than such a senior murder detective!
. Exactly Tim and a good post if I may say so.  I must congratulate you all on here as I read so many people now praising what you do on facebook and twitter.  You have certainly brought this farce to the publics attention.

I find the story by a former prisoner who knew Bamber quite sensational. Bamber must be a junkie by now.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Thank you Claudia!  8((()*/

Glad to hear the truth is getting out on Facebook and Twitter ... I don't use either so that is good news to me!

Who is this ex-prisoner who knew Bamber ... I haven't heard about that or what he has been saying?

Offline Claudia

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Thank you Claudia!  8((()*/

Glad to hear the truth is getting out on Facebook and Twitter ... I don't use either so that is good news to me!

Who is this ex-prisoner who knew Bamber ... I haven't heard about that or what he has been saying?

His name is Steve Battram.

According to his intro on twitter he is a former prisoner, served a total of 30 years of prison sentences, approved school, 2 x whacks of  borstal, 5-yr, 7-yr and 18-yr sentences. He spent several years on the same wing as Bamber some time back but is totally rehabilitated and now writes on crime.

He is adamant that Bamber is guilty.  He states that he is an arrogant prick, much disliked by other prisoners.  Says that he used to boast that he will always have a chance of getting out on appeal and especially as all the witnessed are dead.  Says he ran up a drugs debt at Frankland prison so him and a few others staged a disruption in order to get moved.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:00:43 AM by Claudia »

Offline Andrea

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
I think you may mean Steve Bartram, Tim.

He knew Bamber while inside and said that other prisoners didnt like him. Bamber used to say "all the witnesses are dead"what did he mean by that i wonder!

Bartram spent a good few years inside and is now a crime writer.

As you all know i actually thought Bamber was innocent, until i stood back and looked with fresh eyes again at the case. Trouble is, i was getting a blinkered view of the case and became blinkered myself. then Hartley,Vic, Bob and others made some good argumenats against Bamber, and the more i looked and got info from elsewhere, it became obvious to me Sheila is innocent.

I admit there are a few "odd" things about the case, but it doesnt mean Bamber is innocent.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
Thank's for that girls .... I hadn't heard of that! "All the witnesses are dead" .... doesn't that just sound like an arrogant Bamber saying? I will google up on this bloke ... ta!  8((()*/

So this is yet another person who knew Bamber well and is convinced of his guilt! That is a bloody long list now! 

Weety

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »
Some of Steve Battram's comments re Bamber on 'Insidetime' are interesting, just one example:

As for the Jeremy Bamber case. How can anybody believe he is innocent? I was on a prison wing with him for over two years and know him personally. I have met innocent people and seen how they conducted themselves in prison, 'boring' everybody with their innocence. Until one day they show you all their evidence and you realise they are innocent, their innocence hits you in the face, yet it takes many years to get their cases over turned. Jeremy Bamber is not like that. His only chance of release is to play the odds, which, in my opinion he is doing.

Offline Claudia

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Thank's for that girls .... I hadn't heard of that! "All the witnesses are dead" .... doesn't that just sound like an arrogant Bamber saying? I will google up on this bloke ... ta!  8((()*/

So this is yet another person who knew Bamber well and is convinced of his guilt! That is a bloody long list now!

Sorry Andrea.....cross posted.  Tim....you can google Steve Battram or Crimewriter1 on twitter.

Good post Weety.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
Morning Peeps!  ?{)(** Are we expecting anything today you reckon? or do you think we've passed the usual 10am announcement thing?

I thought I'd have a look on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/crimewriter1 is Steve Battram

Somewhat dangerously I thought I'd also look at Tracey Brazier on twitter - does she realise that she's got a few Russian girlies following her?! She's also just a tad obsessed with John!! (as well as having a potty mouth). Blimey, have these people got nothing to do with their time? Doesn't she have to go to work?! I guess not!

Sun is shining here, thank the lord I don't work Mondays and can enjoy it  8)--)) Have a great day all.

Offline Claudia

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »
Morning Peeps!  ?{)(** Are we expecting anything today you reckon? or do you think we've passed the usual 10am announcement thing?

I thought I'd have a look on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/crimewriter1 is Steve Battram

Somewhat dangerously I thought I'd also look at Tracey Brazier on twitter - does she realise that she's got a few Russian girlies following her?! She's also just a tad obsessed with John!! (as well as having a potty mouth). Blimey, have these people got nothing to do with their time? Doesn't she have to go to work?! I guess not!

Sun is shining here, thank the lord I don't work Mondays and can enjoy it  8)--)) Have a great day all.
. You to amazon.  Great to meet you.  I work away a lot so only manage to catch up between jobs.  Bucketing down here though.  Yuck

amazon

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

. You to amazon.  Great to meet you.  I work away a lot so only manage to catch up between jobs.  Bucketing down here though.  Yuck

Good to meet you too Claudia  ?{)(** I work away a lot too, which is why I don't work Mondays -  with all the travelling I do full time hours in 4 days... so I don't like Tuesdays  @)(++(*

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
Thank's for all the info ladies ... this Battram chap writes well and is highly believable. I wonder how the Bamberettes would try and explain him away? He is not exactly in the pocket of Essex Police and the relatives is he ... just the same as Mick Cradwell who I thought was by far the most credible commentator in the ITV doc.

I am between contracts till Thursday and it's pissing down so I thought I would watch the New Evidence programme again! I think Mark Williams-Thomas is neutral bordering on anti-Bamber ....
the last four comments went to David B., then that creepy Eric Alison, then Cradwell and finally DB again! The first person commentating was DB too! Hardly pro Bamber is it?

8@??)(

Offline adam

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
He criticised the police investigation. But said it was a safe conviction.

Interestingly, a lot of experts hired by Jeremy and the defence have also highlighted Jeremy's guilt. Forensic experts and psychiatrists saying there was no way Sheila committed the massacre.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
His name is Steve Battram.

According to his intro on twitter he is a former prisoner, served a total of 30 years of prison sentences, approved school, 2 x whacks of  borstal, 5-yr, 7-yr and 18-yr sentences. He spent several years on the same wing as Bamber some time back but is totally rehabilitated and now writes on crime.

He is adamant that Bamber is guilty.  He states that he is an arrogant prick, much disliked by other prisoners.  Says that he used to boast that he will always have a chance of getting out on appeal and especially as all the witnessed are dead.  Says he ran up a drugs debt at Frankland prison so him and a few others staged a disruption in order to get moved.

Good heavens!

I know this is eight years ago, but according to ex-convicts who knew Bamber in prison he was deeply disliked by everyone; they all thought he was an arrogant prick; they all say he’s guilty — as does the top detective who’s discussed in the first post of the thread; he was always bragging he’d get out of prison and always, alway said “the witnesses are all dead!”

The witnesses are all dead.

He doesn’t sound heartbroken and in grief, does he? All that “I want to visit Mum and Dad’s grave” is a load of old tosh. He wouldn’t talk about the family he supposedly LOVED and grieved for as “The WITNESSES are all dead!”😊

I also suspect those poor supporters who foolishly send him cash are funding his drug habit. Seems he ran up a drug debt in prison!! No wonder he flew into a rage at Daisy when she turned down his request for £3,500...

I bet he’s still getting his paws on drugs...prisons are rife with them, apparently.

He makes HOOCH too. Probbaly doesn’t taste as good as Bolly.... %56& But dulls the senses, I guess...
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.