Author Topic: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?  (Read 52695 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
I think the only issue at stake here is establishing the concept that Gerry has potentially lied about a fundamental fact. I'm not convinced it has any relevance beyond that. And even then, well, we all lie, so it only establishes that.
Unless I'm reading this wrong.
JT’s rog backs up his claim.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
JT’s rog backs up his claim.
Sound. Move on.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »
That he lied might just be opinion as well.

JT:

Reply    “Well, I think, yeah, I mean, and we actually did have a conversation, it’s one of those ‘What ifs’ as well, I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in.  So, we did, at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go somewhere different’, but it never happened, but.  And Kate was, I think Kate was there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we go somewhere different’.  And I think almost at that point we had considered it, but I think the problem was the kids were so tired after having such full days, I think it was more ‘Well it’s worked every other night’.  But I know definitely from my point of view I felt quite bad that we were taking this, you know, this block booking every night and it was affecting other people using it”.

4078    “What were the other options then for eating, was there a good option close by?”
 Reply    “No, it was just the Millennium, well in terms of ones that you wouldn’t have to pay extra for,
it was the Millennium, which didn’t really start until, I think it was half seven or something, so, you know, by that stage it was, we could have, we could have gone there, so I think.  And our kids are probably more, I don’t know, (inaudible) our kids as they are growing up, but we tend to drag our kids with us more, you know, they have never really had a certain bedtime as such, I think”.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

Gerry claimed that they nearly never got into the tapas restaurant.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:33:56 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
Sound. Move on.

I believe you should be addressing your "move on " remark to those who began the thread and have promoted this supposed lie and who will not accept Carana's post as evidence that he did not lie.
But perhaps your post was a command to all?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
Gerry claimed that they nearly never got into the tapas restaurant. That is a lie.
That statement, apart from making Jane seem a bit simple, makes me wonder if someone went up and started stamping their feet with the Tapas Bar management?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:41 AM »
That statement, apart from making Jane seem a bit simple, makes me wonder if someone went up and started stamping their feet with the Tapas Bar management?

Why would someone have to go up to the Tapas Bar Management and stamp their feet if they knew their block  booking was secure ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »
That he lied might just be opinion as well.

JT:

Reply    “Well, I think, yeah, I mean, and we actually did have a conversation, it’s one of those ‘What ifs’ as well, I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in.  So, we did, at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go somewhere different’, but it never happened, but.  And Kate was, I think Kate was there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we go somewhere different’.  And I think almost at that point we had considered it, but I think the problem was the kids were so tired after having such full days, I think it was more ‘Well it’s worked every other night’.  But I know definitely from my point of view I felt quite bad that we were taking this, you know, this block booking every night and it was affecting other people using it”.

4078    “What were the other options then for eating, was there a good option close by?”
 Reply    “No, it was just the Millennium, well in terms of ones that you wouldn’t have to pay extra for,
it was the Millennium, which didn’t really start until, I think it was half seven or something, so, you know, by that stage it was, we could have, we could have gone there, so I think.  And our kids are probably more, I don’t know, (inaudible) our kids as they are growing up, but we tend to drag our kids with us more, you know, they have never really had a certain bedtime as such, I think”.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

Congratulations! You appear to be the only one who is able to produce evidence rather than speculation.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2019, 10:28:37 AM »
Why would someone have to go up to the Tapas Bar Management and stamp their feet if they knew their block  booking was secure ?
Did I read the inference wrong? Hang on......

I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in. 

That reads like they were initially told to foxtrot oscar to me. Someone intervened.
Is it relevant? Probably not.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:30:59 AM by The General »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »

Not for too long...
Going out for lunch.
Need to get some glamour on........

Offline Erngath

« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2019, 10:33:30 AM »

I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in. 

That reads like they were initially told to foxtrot oscar to me. Someone intervened.

So block bookings were not guaranteed each evening?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2019, 10:34:46 AM »

This is other people trying to get into the Tapas?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2019, 10:36:25 AM »
Congratulations! You appear to be the only one who is able to produce evidence rather than speculation.
Seems to me like you were keeping quiet waiting for this evidence to be brought forward, seeing as how you have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything to do with this case. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
So block bookings were not guaranteed each evening?
I'm not sure. She's sort of saying there was some drama about the block booking, but then they relented for some reason. But she was worried about how this was impacting on other customers? Or were the management worried about other customers?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2019, 10:37:59 AM »
Gerry claimed that they nearly never got into the tapas restaurant.
Exact words please.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:36:33 PM by Brietta »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
This is other people trying to get into the Tapas?

Had the other people booked?
It appears they hard, but their booking appeared not to be guaranteed?