Author Topic: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?  (Read 52682 times)

Offline The General

Re: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2019, 10:40:32 AM »
This is other people trying to get into the Tapas?
I'm not sure. She seems reluctant to elucidate. It sounds like she's describing a minor difference of opinion, or misunderstanding that required resolution - at the potential disruption to other diners. The management may have been reluctant to show preferential treatment to such a large group, despite it being potentially lucrative.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »
It's shows there was never a question mark about Gerry thinking they were not going to get in, that's the point. It shows they knew they were always booked in.  So he can hardly be telling the truth then can he?

They don't seem too upset about that fatal decision in the video do they? Why ever not, if it's true?
Can you explain how it shows that there was never any question of them getting in when Jane says:
 "I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full".
and
 "So, we did, at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go somewhere different’, but it never happened, but.  And Kate was, I think Kate was there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we go somewhere different’.  And I think almost at that point we had considered it"

Talk about splitters...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »
Had the other people booked?
It appears they hard, but their booking appeared not to be guaranteed?

It sounds like people complaining they couldn’t get in when following the 9am booking process.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline The General

« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:15 AM »
It sounds like people complaining they couldn’t get in when following the 9am booking process.
Ah, OK, so they perhaps didn't follow protocol, but managed to get in regardless? Brits abroad, it's safe to assume that that would have gone down like a fart in a Soyuz.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »
It's clear there was a discussion about whether or not to go elsewhere for dinner on the Thursday night, as Gerry stated.  If anyone can explain why this issue is of such vital import and why anyone thinks Gerry would deliberately lie about such a thing perhaps they could explain the advantage it conferred on him to do so?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »
Ah, OK, so they perhaps didn't follow protocol, but managed to get in regardless? Brits abroad, it's safe to assume that that would have gone down like a fart in a Soyuz.

I think there is confusion around who is complaining. JT says people from the Tennis Group not the T9.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2019, 11:09:11 AM »
I think there is confusion around who is complaining. JT says people from the Tennis Group not the T9.
And it's important because...?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »
Seems to me like you were keeping quiet waiting for this evidence to be brought forward, seeing as how you have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything to do with this case.

I was indeed. I also kept quiet about this;

A little later, near the sun-loungers at the Tapas end of the swimming pool, some of our group were discussing whether to cancel our dinner booking in the evening and take the kids to the Millennium instead. We’d heard that another couple we’d met had tried unsuccessfully to book a table at the Tapas restaurant and we wondered whether it was fair of us to be taking over the place. Although the restaurant was accepting other reservations, our party of nine occupied most of the available places and I, for one, felt rather guilty about that. However, when someone pointed out that we’d be gone by Saturday whereas this family was staying on for another week, it didn’t seem quite so unreasonable, and we decided to stick with our original plan. {madleine Kate McCann}
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »
Did I read the inference wrong? Hang on......

I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in. 

That reads like they were initially told to foxtrot oscar to me. Someone intervened.
Is it relevant? Probably not.

IMO it is an incident like this that sparked the disappearance off.  There are MW Clients annoyed they couldn't go to the Tapas as a group since another group had blocked booked the seating for the week just so they can have easier child care minding arrangements.  To me that find by Carana and the admission by Gerry is so significant.
Obviously they didn't plan a kidnapping, but something else, as pay back possibly, and the event went wrong.
It sort of fits my theory.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
I was indeed. I also kept quiet about this;

A little later, near the sun-loungers at the Tapas end of the swimming pool, some of our group were discussing whether to cancel our dinner booking in the evening and take the kids to the Millennium instead. We’d heard that another couple we’d met had tried unsuccessfully to book a table at the Tapas restaurant and we wondered whether it was fair of us to be taking over the place. Although the restaurant was accepting other reservations, our party of nine occupied most of the available places and I, for one, felt rather guilty about that. However, when someone pointed out that we’d be gone by Saturday whereas this family was staying on for another week, it didn’t seem quite so unreasonable, and we decided to stick with our original plan. {madleine Kate McCann}
Did that family stay for another week or leave early?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »
Did that family stay for another week or leave early?
Is that the only element you could pick out of that paragraph?
What difference does it make?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2019, 01:15:49 PM »
Is that the only element you could pick out of that paragraph?
What difference does it make?

It is often seen in criminal cases the suspect leaves town, or goes across the border to a different state, things like that.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
Kate McCann: "our group were discussing whether to cancel our dinner booking in the evening."
Gerry McCann: "I think the worst thing is.. we kinda...sigh... almost thought about not going. And erm did. We weren't sure we were going to get into the tapas, REMEMBER?"

OK a version of the truth??? 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:43:57 PM by Brietta »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2019, 01:34:51 PM »
OK a version of the truth???

Or bad fiction.
You don't almost think of doing something, you either think about it or you don't
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #329 on: June 18, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

I've always split the McCanns.  I believe Kate told the truth as she knew it and Gerry well I've never fully trusted him.
I'm a bit unsure what I can say as a moderator.  So I'm OK with that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:45:49 PM by Brietta »
Moderation