Author Topic: Feedback for any improvements of the Madeleine McCann board.  (Read 45606 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Feedback for any improvements of the Madeleine McCann board.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »
It's obvious why this board has so much contention compared to others.  There is so much nadtiness directed at the McCanns both here... On other forums... And elsewhere.
That's, what fuels the cintentuon

People act differently on social media than they would face-to-face.  I do wonder if some are jealous of the McCanns, perhaps KM in particular who is slim, attractive and a professional woman.   

I don't believe any member of T9 was involved in MM's disappearance but I can in some way see how others see it differently and for those who do then I can understand why they feel the way they do about the McCanns. 

I might feel personally upset about the nasty comments directed at the McCanns if I was emotionally involved with them on some level but I'm not. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »
To my knowledge, Holly has never insulted me.

I never said she did... Holly seems to be mistaken

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
People act differently on social media than they would face-to-face.  I do wonder if some are jealous of the McCanns, perhaps KM in particular who is slim, attractive and a professional woman.   

I don't believe any member of T9 was involved in MM's disappearance but I can in some way see how others see it differently and for those who do then I can understand why they feel the way they do about the McCanns. 

I might feel personally upset about the nasty comments directed at the McCanns if I was emotionally involved with them on some level but I'm not.
I'm certainly not emotionally involved with the mccanns although some mistakenly think I am. I'm not personally upset by insults directed at them... I just think it's, a rather unpleasant way to behave

Offline jassi

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »
People act differently on social media than they would face-to-face. I do wonder if some are jealous of the McCanns, perhaps KM in particular who is slim, attractive and a professional woman. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/Smileys/custom/c008.gif

@)(++(*      In the immortal words of John McEnroe, 'You cannot be serious'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Its a fact this board requires more input from Admin/John and moderators than any other. 

You are more than entitled to express your opinion that my posts claiming to have solved the case are of poor quality and absurd but it doesn't make you factually correct.

The million dollar question is why this board is so troublesome. In my opinion laying the blame solely on those who post here isn't acceptable. People post what they think they can get away with. At one point in time every thread ended up discussing Grime and his dogs. That has stopped, so can 'spats' be stopped using the same method?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 01:45:23 PM »

@)(++(*      In the immortal words of John McEnroe, 'You cannot be serious'
Yeah silly Holly.  Kate McCann makes Karen Matthews look like Raquel Welch doesn’t she? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »

I think it is the way the McCann's have managed to keep Madeleine in the spotlight.   They were lucky enough to have the fund to help  broadcast that she was missing to other countries,  this was called 'behaving like a celebrity'  They had guest appearances on shows 'celebrities'   Famous people came to help them [the McCann's didn't ask them too]   this was mingling with the stars and showing off.   I wonder though if any of the posters who have labelled the McCann's as such could try and imagine what it would be like to have your child taken?   Try and imagine it and then think,  would I have done the same as the McCann's?   Who would turn down the offer of appearing on a show which attracted millions?   To go to other countries which were near to Portugal where Madeleine could have been taken?   To meet the Pope,  millions would watch that.

Then there is the court cases against Amaral.   It makes me laugh when I hear posters going on about taking Amaral to court,  then some silly spat on twitter or wherever,  and they are up in arms saying they are going to take who ever to court for what they said etc etc.   Imagine if you were accused of what Amaral accused them of.   You are desperate to find your missing child and the actual Police Officer who was  coordinator of the case wrote a book accusing you of hiding your child's body,  that DNA proved she was dead.  Wouldn't you sue?   People would think she was dead,  why would anyone bother to look for a child thought to be dead?

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 01:47:12 PM »
Yeah silly Holly.  Kate McCann makes Karen Matthews look like Raquel Welch doesn’t she?

Nobody looks like Raquel  8(*(
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 01:47:17 PM »
The million dollar question is why this board is so troublesome. In my opinion laying the blame solely on those who post here isn't acceptable. People post what they think they can get away with. At one point in time every thread ended up discussing Grime and his dogs. That has stopped, so can 'spats' be stopped using the same method?
What method was used to stop Dog talk?  Was it Pavlov’s?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »

Nobody looks like Raquel  8(*(
I do (on a bad day).

Offline Lace

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 01:54:58 PM »
It makes you wonder if these people have mental problems if they can be jealous of a woman who has lot her child.

Offline jassi

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
It only seems to be those of a supporter nature who suggest that people do.  I wonder why that would be ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »
It makes you wonder if these people have mental problems if they can be jealous of a woman who has lot her child.

But that's not how they see it.  They don't see a woman who has lost her child through abduction but a woman who was party to the disappearance of her child. 

I do find a lot of commentary on social media very odd and maybe some do have mental health issues or issues of some description.  I recall some months ago reading The Mail online and an article about Princess Charlotte, I think it may have been a birthday or something like that, and I couldn't believe the comments referring to her as 'ugly' and criticising her clothes.  Imo she's cute looking but who would make such comments about an innocent toddler?  Then there are some who encourage others to self-harm or take their own lives online.  I guess it puts our childish spats here into perspective!   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »
I think it is the way the McCann's have managed to keep Madeleine in the spotlight.   They were lucky enough to have the fund to help  broadcast that she was missing to other countries,  this was called 'behaving like a celebrity'  They had guest appearances on shows 'celebrities'   Famous people came to help them [the McCann's didn't ask them too]   this was mingling with the stars and showing off.   I wonder though if any of the posters who have labelled the McCann's as such could try and imagine what it would be like to have your child taken?   Try and imagine it and then think,  would I have done the same as the McCann's?   Who would turn down the offer of appearing on a show which attracted millions?   To go to other countries which were near to Portugal where Madeleine could have been taken?   To meet the Pope,  millions would watch that.

Then there is the court cases against Amaral.   It makes me laugh when I hear posters going on about taking Amaral to court,  then some silly spat on twitter or wherever,  and they are up in arms saying they are going to take who ever to court for what they said etc etc.   Imagine if you were accused of what Amaral accused them of.   You are desperate to find your missing child and the actual Police Officer who was  coordinator of the case wrote a book accusing you of hiding your child's body,  that DNA proved she was dead.  Wouldn't you sue?   People would think she was dead,  why would anyone bother to look for a child thought to be dead?

I'm afraid anyone who uses social media has to accept some backlash.  No matter how compelling someone believes a cause to be there will be others who disagree. 

Is there anyone or anything that is universally accepted and liked? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
But that's not how they see it.  They don't see a woman who has lost her child through abduction but a woman who was party to the disappearance of her child. 

I do find a lot of commentary on social media very odd and maybe some do have mental health issues or issues of some description.  I recall some months ago reading The Mail online and an article about Princess Charlotte, I think it may have been a birthday or something like that, and I couldn't believe the comments referring to her as 'ugly' and criticising her clothes.  Imo she's cute looking but who would make such comments about an innocent toddler?  Then there are some who encourage others to self-harm or take their own lives online.  I guess it puts our childish spats here into perspective!   
These people are called trolls.  We have one operating on this forum who earlier today advocated the killing of all children who took part in the recent Extinction Rebellion marches as a population cull.  The best thing for these idiots is to ignore them or play them at their own game, IMO.