Author Topic: As we approach 2023, have we learned anything new?  (Read 15063 times)

Offline Admin

As we approach 2023, have we learned anything new?
« on: December 24, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »
Here we are on Christmas Eve as we approach the end of yet another year.

The topic that has led the way throughout the year in terms of the sheer volume of posts and the ability to stimulate debate is again the Madeline McCann case.

As such, I felt that the question has to be asked as to what if anything we have learned about the case in the past year?

Madeline disappeared from her parents holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on the 3 May 2007. Her whereabouts and what happened to her are as much of a mystery as they were almost 16 years ago.

Offline Myster

Re: As we approach 2023, have we learned anything new?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 10:23:12 AM »

The topic that has led the way throughout the year in terms of the sheer volume of posts and the ability to stimulate debate is again the Madeline McCann case.

As such, I felt that the question has to be asked as to what if anything we have learned about the case in the past year?

Madeline disappeared from her parents holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on the 3 May 2007. Her whereabouts and what happened to her are as much of a mystery as they were almost 16 years ago.
To Sadie they're not... you just ask her!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 10:24:17 AM »
On second thoughts better not.  8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 10:27:24 AM »

This year we've learned that the concrete evidence against the new prime suspect, isn't sufficient to bring charges against him anytime in the foreseeable future.
Some of us already knew as much.
Others are still heavily in denial.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 10:40:48 AM »
One thing we've just learned is that despite being the most written about little girl on the planet and certainly on this forum some people still can't spell her name right.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 03:03:05 PM »
One thing we've just learned is that despite being the most written about little girl on the planet and certainly on this forum some people still can't spell her name right.

And that is really sad.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 04:09:43 PM »

As far as Madeleine is concerned I think current knowledge has heightened the despair of the missed chances which dictated the conduct of the investigation into her disappearance from day one.

The case which the PJ tried to construct against her parents has led to the better understanding for many of the pitfalls of leaping to judgement without understanding facts and evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 05:05:50 PM »
This year we've learned that the concrete evidence against the new prime suspect, isn't sufficient to bring charges against him anytime in the foreseeable future.
Some of us already knew as much.
Others are still heavily in denial.

This year we also learned that there wasn't any trace of Maddie in Brueckner's campervan, although some of us could have told you that already, and that the McCann's lost their case at the ECHR.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 07:29:06 PM »

Spammy has managed to Troll all three active Threads.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 07:33:41 PM »
Spammy has managed to Troll all three active Threads.

Glad to be of service. Merry Christianmas.

Offline Admin

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 11:37:13 PM »
Apologies for the misspelling, down to my autocorrect unfortunately.

I have followed this case off and on since 2007 and the longer it goes on the deeper the mystery goes imo.

In all sincerity, my belief is that we just don't know enough about the night that Madeleine disappeared. There are still just too many loose ends, too many conflicting versions of events, too many unknowns.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:40:01 PM by Admin »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 11:53:24 AM »
Apologies for the misspelling, down to my autocorrect unfortunately.

I have followed this case off and on since 2007 and the longer it goes on the deeper the mystery goes imo.

In all sincerity, my belief is that we just don't know enough about the night that Madeleine disappeared. There are still just too many loose ends, too many conflicting versions of events, too many unknowns.

We have two choices imo. We either agree with you, that we don't know enough to decide or we accept what the McCanns and SY say and go along with the stranger abduction.

The Germans seemed very confident that they were on the right track, but so far have not been able to bring charges. Imo the longer that continues the less likely it becomes.

At least the pursuit of Amaral by the McCanns seems to be finally at an end and he can relax now.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 12:06:20 PM »
Now we're into 2023, we've learned that after 15 years the McCanns no longer value their supporters enough to post a simple thankyou message on their Web page.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 11:52:39 PM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 12:36:00 PM »
We have two choices imo. We either agree with you, that we don't know enough to decide or we accept what the McCanns and SY say and go along with the stranger abduction.

The Germans seemed very confident that they were on the right track, but so far have not been able to bring charges. Imo the longer that continues the less likely it becomes.

At least the pursuit of Amaral by the McCanns seems to be finally at an end and he can relax now.

Perhaps they've finally realised they were flogging a dead horse that would have been better ignored.

Has there been any further change at the ECHR ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »
Perhaps they've finally realised they were flogging a dead horse that would have been better ignored.

Has there been any further change at the ECHR ?

They had 3 months to appeal, can't remember the exact date of the judgement though. A source said, at the time of the verdict, that they were considering their options.
I can't imagine them declining to appeal.