Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67831 times)

Offline John

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:59 PM »
Oh, they would be damned alright.

Every time they speak or appear or appeal there is a multitude of trolls ready there, just waiting to pounce and put the boot in as hard as they can.

And often in an organised manner.  It is really sick.   They obviously dont want Madeleine to have a chance of being found.

Did you, stephen, ever get round to answering those two simple questions I asked you?
To remind you:

Can you tell me, stephen, if Madeleine is out there, do you want her back?
Can you tell me stephen, if they find an abductor/s, do you want him/them brought to Justice?

Please answer individually .   Yes or no to each will do, although please feel free to add any bits you wish. 

As I believe in (decent) Freedom of Speech, I will not automatically be deleting your answer as some repeatedly do to me.

It goes without saying Sadie that any right minded person would want to see Madeleine returned safely to her family and if someone was responsible, to see that person or persons prosecuted according to the law.  If she is deceased, the family need closure and to grieve and that can only happen when she is returned to them.  Anything else is unthinkable and unimaginable imho.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:19:12 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 07:30:31 PM »
It goes without saying Sadie that any right minded person would want to see Madeleine returned safely to her family and if someone was responsible, to see that person or persons prosecuted according to the law.  If she is deceased, the family need closure and to grieve and that can only happen when she is returned to them.  Anything else is unthinkable and unimaginable imho.
It would be valuable to the forum for Stephen to plainly answer Sadie's questions.  I have tried to follow that point back to the beginning and the original questions were deleted.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »
It would be valuable to the forum for Stephen to plainly answer Sadie's questions.  I have tried to follow that point back to the beginning and the original questions were deleted.

I did Rob.

I now await her replies.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »
I did Rob.

I now await her replies.

these were the questions:
Can you tell me stephen, if they find an abductor/s, do you want him/them brought to Justice?

I don't think they are simple questions or simple answers.  but they represent two classes of outcomes or cases, Case 1 and Case 2 in coding.  You can't introduce other cases as you did even though other cases do exist.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »

I don't think they are simple questions or simple answers.  but they represent two classes of outcomes or cases, Case 1 and Case 2 in coding.  You can't introduce other cases as you did even though other cases do exist.

I have given my replies Rob.

What part of that do you fail to understand.

At the moment, I find your comment goading, when my answers are already given.

stephen25000

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
There is no need to.

John kindly provided the link on my last post on the previous page.

Didn't you see it ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »

Sadie these were Stephens answers:

"So, if she alive, which I don't believe, why wouldn't I want her back ?  and ditto, your hypothetical abductor or abductors, would face prosecution.

Your question is, in my view illogical."

Were they acceptable answers Sadie?

Moderation

Offline Benice

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
Maybe had they got on a plane to Portugal and organised a proper campaign to elicit information about the disappearance instead of employing a bunch of crooked PI's then they might just have attracted some sympathy from those who would otherwise condemn them. Don't hold your breath though!

You make it sound as if McCanns deliberately employed crooked PI's imo.   They were the victims of conman Halligen  - along with his other victims. 

I doubt if the McCanns themselves had much to do with the choice of PI's - as they would have no expertise on that subject imo - and would have to rely on advice from others.

What is it that you think the McCanns could have done in Portugal to elicit more information - other than what they had already put in place - i.e. billboards etc asking for info?   

Thanks to the vile press campaign conducted against them assisted by 'leaks' from the  PJ  - they were more likely to receive abuse from hostile, misinformed members of the public rather than their co-operation imo.

So - how does this 'proper campaign' you mention work?  You don't give any details.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »
You make it sound as if McCanns deliberately employed crooked PI's imo.   They were the victims of conman Halligen  - along with his other victims. 

I doubt if the McCanns themselves had much to do with the choice of PI's - as they would have no expertise on that subject imo - and would have to rely on advice from others.

What is it that you think the McCanns could have done in Portugal to elicit more information - other than what they had already put in place - i.e. billboards etc asking for info?   

Thanks to the vile press campaign conducted against them assisted by 'leaks' from the  PJ  - they were more likely to receive abuse from hostile, misinformed members of the public rather than their co-operation imo.

So - how does this 'proper campaign' you mention work?  You don't give any details.

AIMHO

'VILE PRESS CAMPAIGN' ?

I.Y.O. of course.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »

AIMHO

The McCanns appeared to learn very quickly how to run an 'awareness campaign' using posters, social media and the press. When it came to hiring Private Investigators they appear to have learned nothing. They have consistently complained about 'the few' who have been critical of them, but I have never heard them complain about the heartless ripping off of the Fund money by dodgy detectives. They have an unusual set of priorities in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »
The McCanns appeared to learn very quickly how to run an 'awareness campaign' using posters, social media and the press. When it came to hiring Private Investigators they appear to have learned nothing. They have consistently complained about 'the few' who have been critical of them, but I have never heard them complain about the heartless ripping off of the Fund money by dodgy detectives. They have an unusual set of priorities in my opinion.

What is it they have done to make you think they appear to have learned nothing about PI's? 

As we don't know all the details re Halligan  -  we don't know what the McCanns priorities were at the time.    I can understand why they were careful what they said about him before he was tried and found guilty as charged.  At the time Kate wrote her book he was still on remand in Ireland - fighting extradition to the USA and denying all the charges.  They could not see into the future and so  publicly making accusations against him may well have been libellous at that time. 

I think it goes without saying that they would be deeply upset about his criminal activities when it came to the fund.  Why anyone would think anything other than that is beyond me.

Even if their priorities were different to yours - doesn't automatically make them wrong - it just makes them different to yours.

AIMHO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
In my opinion many of the 'Critical Leads' of the time appear to have been ignored by the investigating team responsible for chasing them up.

Nor in my opinion should it ever become the responsibility of the victims of crime to have to mount their own investigation and the more information which became available the more the investigative omissions which forced the McCanns to do just that became apparent.

Snip
Gail Cooper reported the stranger to police four days after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and gave a statement at her home two weeks later, but the link wasn’t made between the mysterious stranger and the sightings of a man carrying a pyjama-clad child by Jane Tanner and the family of Martin Smith until a UK Sunday newspaper conducted a detailed review of the case, which was read by a member of the McCann team.

The question immediately arose that, if police working under the direction of DCI Amaral from Portimao had considered the theory that Madeleine had wandered from the apartment that night and been carried off by a passing stranger, surely a subsequent call to the public for reports of suspicious itinerants in the community would have started the search for this man sooner?
Danny Collins
VANISHED

Just as the newspaper review highlighted the deficiencies in the initial investigation into Madeleine's case necessitating the McCanns to join the dots with critical leads ignored at the time; Operation Grange discovered many other witnesses and leads which required investigation and justified reopening Madeleine's case.

The Home Office, Scotland Yard and the Portuguese authorities are the only ones who know exactly where the investigation has gone from there and in my opinion reliance on media rehashes is as pointless as its likely inaccuracy.

Better to wait for the official statement.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2017, 11:31:48 AM »
In my opinion many of the 'Critical Leads' of the time appear to have been ignored by the investigating team responsible for chasing them up.

Nor in my opinion should it ever become the responsibility of the victims of crime to have to mount their own investigation and the more information which became available the more the investigative omissions which forced the McCanns to do just that became apparent.

Snip
Gail Cooper reported the stranger to police four days after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and gave a statement at her home two weeks later, but the link wasn’t made between the mysterious stranger and the sightings of a man carrying a pyjama-clad child by Jane Tanner and the family of Martin Smith until a UK Sunday newspaper conducted a detailed review of the case, which was read by a member of the McCann team.

The question immediately arose that, if police working under the direction of DCI Amaral from Portimao had considered the theory that Madeleine had wandered from the apartment that night and been carried off by a passing stranger, surely a subsequent call to the public for reports of suspicious itinerants in the community would have started the search for this man sooner?
Danny Collins
VANISHED

Just as the newspaper review highlighted the deficiencies in the initial investigation into Madeleine's case necessitating the McCanns to join the dots with critical leads ignored at the time; Operation Grange discovered many other witnesses and leads which required investigation and justified reopening Madeleine's case.

The Home Office, Scotland Yard and the Portuguese authorities are the only ones who know exactly where the investigation has gone from there and in my opinion reliance on media rehashes is as pointless as its likely inaccuracy.

Better to wait for the official statement.

Ah Danny Collins the intrepid churnalist who, in his book, claimed that the McCanns had been on a two week holiday and perhaps do you think the REAL police didn't join the dots between Cooper's sighting and Madeleine's disappearance because there was no dots to join?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/09/police-hunt-eastern-european-woman-who-is-a-key-witness-in-maddie-mccann-case-6986031/

"A Scotland Yard source told The Sun: ‘She may have see or heard something which to her may seem insignificant but to us could prove vital. If she recognises herself she should contact police. She has nothing to fear. This is just to eliminate her from inquiries.’

However, another source told the paper the woman is a ‘critical witness’ and they are still working on the theory she was taken during a burglary ‘gone wrong’."

Oh well back to the drawing board  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
It has crossed my mind that the police may be more interested in what this sought-after witness can tell them about her late husband's life & the circumstances surrounding his death.