Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67650 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »
Can you clarify what you mean?

What Eleanor means is that attacks on other members will not be tolerated.  We rely on the goodwill of posters on this forum who can make valuable contribution to the facts.  We have lost informed members in the past due to the way they were treated, this will not be allowed to happen again.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:35:45 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/100071/EXCLUSIVE-Who-was-the-woman-outside-Maddie-s-flat

By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sun, May 10, 2009

MYSTERY The slim Portuguese looking woman was seen outside the McCann s apartment

The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007 near the Mark Warner Ocean Club complex.

She was standing under a streetlight at a crossroads only 40 feet from where Madeleine was sleeping with her brother Sean and his twin sister Amelie.

Investigators are being urged to find her to see if she was in any way connected to a pockmarked prowler seen several times outside the apartment in the day leading up to the kidnap.

Details of the mystery woman have only just become known after a Sunday Express investigation into the baffling case was alerted by an elderly British woman who has lived in Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve for more than 30 years.

Speaking from her villa near the Ocean Club, the woman, who has asked not to be named, recalled: “On that night I went to the supermarket at the bottom of the road just before it closed at 8pm.

“As I drove past the entrance to the Ocean Club I saw a woman standing opposite Apartment 5A the McCanns were staying in.

“Even at that time of night the streets were deserted, so I was surprised to see someone there. I remember thinking it was unusual because it is just not the sort of place you would hang around.

“As I drove up to the junction she stepped around to the other side of the street lamp as though she didn’t want me to look at her. She was not carrying a bag or a mobile phone. I thought she might have been waiting for a lift but no car came along while I was there.

“I turned right and could see quite clearly she was looking at Apartment 5A.

“As I approached another junction a small, brown car, with just one English-looking man in it swung round and nearly hit mine.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is quite possible that this woman was Luisa but I do not believe she is the woman the Met are reportedly seeking. Somehow the story has morphed from an Eastern European woman with a now-deceased German paedophile husband who lived near 5A into a Portuguese woman who worked at OC & was very much not missing after Madeleine disappeared.
Stefan had/had been in Portugal since 2002 & had his visa renewed at Portimao up until 2014. Did Immigration not have any details of a criminal history which the PJ could have picked up at the time?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:50:57 PM by misty »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
What Eleanor means is that attacks on other members will not be tolerated.  We rely on the goodwill of posters on this forum who can make valuable contribution to the facts.  We have lost informed members in the past due to the way they were treated, this will not be allowed to happen again.

We have rules that personal attacks are not permitted, as long as it is only views and opinions being challenged then that shouldn’t be a problem.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
Have the Express been informed that have been presented with incorrect information, and should withdraw the article and/or amend it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:17:19 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2017, 05:16:16 PM »
Have the Express been informed that have been presented with incorrect information, and shouldcwithdraw the article abd/or amend it.
Perhaps you could telephone and explain

stephen25000

« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »
I see the Daily Star, stalemate of the Express is now running the same incorrect story.

Presumably, they don't know their R'ses from their elbows either.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
I see the Daily Star, stalemate of the Express is now running the same incorrect story.

Presumably, they don't know their R'ses from their elbows either.

You

Many stories the papers run are incorrect....they are not bothered

Offline Carana

« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »

It is quite possible that this woman was Luisa but I do not believe she is the woman the Met are reportedly seeking. Somehow the story has morphed from an Eastern European woman with a now-deceased German paedophile husband who lived near 5A into a Portuguese woman who worked at OC & was very much not missing after Madeleine disappeared.
Stefan had/had been in Portugal since 2002 & had his visa renewed at Portimao up until 2014. Did Immigration not have any details of a criminal history which the PJ could have picked up at the time?

Agree, the story keeps morphing, with the usual tabloids copying and embellishing on their rivals as they go along.

I don't know if PT ran background checks on visa applications / renewals.

OG banged off rog letters to 30 other countries. I think asking for any criminal records or open investigations of foreign employees, guests, residents, whatnot, known to have been there would be standard procedure. If he'd had prior convictions, Op Grange would presumably have found out well before now.

If he'd been extradited to face charges back in his native country, I would expect it to have hit the headlines.

Friday 04 October 2013:
Assistant Commissioners Mark Rowley and Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood are also sending formal International Letters Of Request to 30 other countries asking for assistance with their inquiry, reflecting the range of nationalities likely to have been in the town on May 3, 2007.
https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-police-probe-phone-records-10432510

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
Agree, the story keeps morphing, with the usual tabloids copying and embellishing on their rivals as they go along.

I don't know if PT ran background checks on visa applications / renewals.

OG banged off rog letters to 30 other countries. I think asking for any criminal records or open investigations of foreign employees, guests, residents, whatnot, known to have been there would be standard procedure. If he'd had prior convictions, Op Grange would presumably have found out well before now.

If he'd been extradited to face charges back in his native country, I would expect it to have hit the headlines.

Friday 04 October 2013:
Assistant Commissioners Mark Rowley and Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood are also sending formal International Letters Of Request to 30 other countries asking for assistance with their inquiry, reflecting the range of nationalities likely to have been in the town on May 3, 2007.
https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-police-probe-phone-records-10432510
[/color]

It would be interesting to know whether the 30 countries bit is true or just Sky having a punt.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2017, 06:04:38 PM »
[/color]

It would be interesting to know whether the 30 countries bit is true or just Sky having a punt.

I would think so, in this instance, Alice. It sounds as if it came from a Met presser and it was Ian Woods reporting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »
[/color]

Indeed,what would SY being doing issuing ILOr's in other countries whilst supposedly investigating a crime that happened elsewhere where they have more rights than a citizen of that country (Portugal)
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2017, 06:14:32 PM »
Indeed,what would SY being doing issuing ILOr's in other countries whilst supposedly investigating a crime that happened elsewhere where they have more rights than a citizen of that country (Portugal)

Remember their remit - investigate as though the crime took place in UK. 12 million to blow, so why not?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 3, 2015

Despite the costly Scotland Yard and Portuguese police investigation, the Sunday Express found that key witnesses have still not been spoken to.

Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

As she turned into the driveway of her home, Casa Liliana, she was nearly hit by a car going the wrong way. “When I stopped to open the gates I could not see the car but the woman was in the road looking in my direction.”

After her son was wrongly made an arguido (Portuguese for suspect), she contacted Hugo Swire, a Tory MP in Devon, and Leicestershire police about her sighting but, astonishingly, she has not been interviewed to this day.

Speaking at home this week, she told the Sunday Express: “I am happy to speak to Scotland Yard. This woman was just outside Apartment 5a and it didn’t look right. It could be relevant.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

Mrs Murat didn't just wheel out the story of the woman standing outside block 5 in time for the tenth anniversary editions recounting Madeleine's disappearance.  She had recognised the implicit implications much earlier than that.

There was a school of thought, on this forum as well as elsewhere that Mrs Murat had seen Jane Tanner.  Just as it was assumed (even by him I think) that the woman Jes Wilkins saw outside the apartments was Jane Tanner.

Jane outside the apartment block in my opinion would not be the least bit extraordinary, she was in residence there.  Jane at the other side of the road as described by Mrs Murat would in my opinion be an entirely different kettle of fish

If nothing else the 'woman in purple' saga has in my opinion cast the net just a little bit wider ... and the fact that the police are actively pursuing a lead for which they have taken the time and made the effort to justify extra funding ... in my opinion shows their informed dedication to bringing Madeleine's case to a conclusion.
Which will be great if it is the one we all hope for ... but a conclusion nonetheless.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:21:59 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »

To check on criminal records or whether there are any open investigations re known people?

Offline barrier

« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
To check on criminal records or whether there are any open investigations re known people?

Interpol would be the correct route imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.