Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67831 times)

Offline misty

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 3, 2015

Despite the costly Scotland Yard and Portuguese police investigation, the Sunday Express found that key witnesses have still not been spoken to.

Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

As she turned into the driveway of her home, Casa Liliana, she was nearly hit by a car going the wrong way. “When I stopped to open the gates I could not see the car but the woman was in the road looking in my direction.”

After her son was wrongly made an arguido (Portuguese for suspect), she contacted Hugo Swire, a Tory MP in Devon, and Leicestershire police about her sighting but, astonishingly, she has not been interviewed to this day.

Speaking at home this week, she told the Sunday Express: “I am happy to speak to Scotland Yard. This woman was just outside Apartment 5a and it didn’t look right. It could be relevant.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

Mrs Murat didn't just wheel out the story of the woman standing outside block 5 in time for the tenth anniversary editions recounting Madeleine's disappearance.  She had recognised the implicit implications much earlier than that.

There was a school of thought, on this forum as well as elsewhere that Mrs Murat had seen Jane Tanner.  Just as it was assumed (even by him I think) that the woman Jes Wilkins saw outside the apartments was Jane Tanner.

Jane outside the apartment block in my opinion would not be the least bit extraordinary, she was in residence there.  Jane at the other side of the road as described by Mrs Murat would in my opinion be an entirely different kettle of fish

If nothing else the 'woman in purple' saga has in my opinion cast the net just a little bit wider ... and the fact that the police are actively pursuing a lead for which they have taken the time and made the effort to justify extra funding ... in my opinion shows their informed dedication to bringing Madeleine's case to a conclusion.
Which will be great if it is the one we all hope for ... but a conclusion nonetheless.

One observation - why was Jenny M making notes about her own observations, which she didn't pass on to the PJ, before her son was made an arguido? If they're as accurate as her recollection of what she was doing between 9 & 11pm that night..........

JMO.

Offline Carana

« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »

Interpol would be the correct route imo.

If the Met could have simply passed a message via Europol to the PJ, they wouldn't have had to go through all the ILOR process.

Offline barrier

« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »
If the Met could have simply passed a message via Europol to the PJ, they wouldn't have had to go through all the ILOR process.

To interview the Arguidos a ILOR or MLA was issued because it must show in what capacity they are seen as,Witness,suspect or a victim of a crime.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
One observation - why was Jenny M making notes about her own observations, which she didn't pass on to the PJ, before her son was made an arguido? If they're as accurate as her recollection of what she was doing between 9 & 11pm that night..........

JMO.

I always found that whole episode quite bizarre. Misty.  But maybe she did pass her own information on to the PJ, I don't think there is any record of anything she forwarded to them.  None that we are privy to anyway.

Maybe Hugo Swire or Leicestershire police can verify being contacted at the time.

Wasn't Mrs Murat responsible for another report having noticed something while walking her dogs?  Maybe not named but described as "elderly ex pat"?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
I always found that whole episode quite bizarre. Misty.  But maybe she did pass her own information on to the PJ, I don't think there is any record of anything she forwarded to them.  None that we are privy to anyway.

Maybe Hugo Swire or Leicestershire police can verify being contacted at the time.

Wasn't Mrs Murat responsible for another report having noticed something while walking her dogs?  Maybe not named but described as "elderly ex pat"?

IIRC that was something to do with a villa where a photography studio & children's toys were found, a woman in an expensive car was seen going to & fro but the occupants who left suddenly appeared rather downtrodden.
The more of this that you pull together, the more you realise what a bizarre concoction of stories have emanated from certain quarters. IMO.

Offline Carana

« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »
Here we go... Another morph.

Mystery 'woman in purple' sought by Madeleine McCann police identified as waitress
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/criminologist-identifies-mysterious-woman-purple-11549497

Offline misty

« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2017, 09:30:54 PM »
Here we go... Another morph.

Mystery 'woman in purple' sought by Madeleine McCann police identified as waitress
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/criminologist-identifies-mysterious-woman-purple-11549497

The Met are seeking the couple. What are they doing- staking out cemeteries?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »

Scouring the globe, apparently.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »

According to the Mirror:

"British police are now scouring the globe for the pair so they can ask them if they saw anything suspicious."

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

It seems the dead husband may have been resurrected.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #370 on: November 19, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »
It seems the dead husband may have been resurrected.

To star in a sequel to this on RWT ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOakMyALSDw

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #371 on: November 19, 2017, 11:36:48 PM »
CdM about an hour or so ago.
Spanish criminologist Heriberto Janosch Gonzalez says he found and identified the "woman dressed in purple" that English police say is a key witness in the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance in Praia da Luz, Lagos, in 2007. Detectives in Scotland Yard look for the 'mystery woman', who will have been seen by two witnesses next to the apartment at the Ocean Club resort, where the McCann family was. The latest information reported that Operation Grange investigators had gone to Bulgaria in search of the woman. Herbierto Gonzalez, a well-known criminologist, now states that he identified the woman. She says she is Luisa Todorov, a Bulgarian national employee who, at the time of Maddie's disappearance, worked at the Ocean Club. According to the criminologist, the 58-year-old woman and her husband Stefan, 5, were questioned by Portuguese authorities five days after Maddie's disappearance and the two have denied seeing or witnessing anything suspicious. However, the two have returned to Bulgaria and were never questioned again. Gonzalez, who has been following the case for 10 years, says Luisa Todorov is the woman who was seen next to the McCanns apartment at 8:00 pm on May 3, 2007. "I have seen, analyzed, and It seems to me that it is very likely that the purple woman the English police are looking for is Mrs. Todorov. They are the only ones with links to Bulgaria and this explains why Scotland Yard was there. I believe they have returned to their country of origin, "says the criminologist. The British police have already followed more than 560 different lines of investigation and even made excavations in Praia da Luz. About 13 million euros have already been spent on Operation Grange and the British government has ceded this year another 175,000 research.

Ler mais em: http://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/mulher-misterio-testemunha-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-encontrada?ref=HP_Grupo1

There is nothing new, so there is no point in my flogging my guts out trying to get you something better.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:05:34 AM by John »
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #372 on: November 19, 2017, 11:47:39 PM »
Spanish criminologist Heriberto Janosch Gonzalez says he found and identified the "woman dressed in purple" that English police say is a key witness in the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance in Praia da Luz, Lagos, in 2007. Detectives in Scotland Yard look for the 'mystery woman', who will have been seen by two witnesses next to the apartment at the Ocean Club resort, where the McCann family was. The latest information reported that Operation Grange investigators had gone to Bulgaria in search of the woman. Herbierto Gonzalez, a well-known criminologist, now states that he identified the woman. She says she is Luisa Todorov, a Bulgarian national employee who, at the time of Maddie's disappearance, worked at the Ocean Club. According to the criminologist, the 58-year-old woman and her husband Stefan, 5, were questioned by Portuguese authorities five days after Maddie's disappearance and the two have denied seeing or witnessing anything suspicious. However, the two have returned to Bulgaria and were never questioned again. Gonzalez, who has been following the case for 10 years, says Luisa Todorov is the woman who was seen next to the McCanns apartment at 8:00 pm on May 3, 2007. "I have seen, analyzed, and It seems to me that it is very likely that the purple woman the English police are looking for is Mrs. Todorov. They are the only ones with links to Bulgaria and this explains why Scotland Yard was there. I believe they have returned to their country of origin, "says the criminologist. The British police have already followed more than 560 different lines of investigation and even made excavations in Praia da Luz. About 13 million euros have already been spent on Operation Grange and the British government has ceded this year another 175,000 research.

Ler mais em: http://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/mulher-misterio-testemunha-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-encontrada?ref=HP_Grupo1

There is nothing new, so there is no point in my flogging my guts out trying to get you something better.

Thanks for that SiL.
Given that google translate gives a fair translation or reasonable facsimile thereof, one burning question remains.
Who said The Met said they [The Met] were looking for a Purple Woman ?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:06:33 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #373 on: November 19, 2017, 11:50:37 PM »

So if she is still in Portugal she's now in their newspapers for no real reason as far as we know. The media in both Portugal and the UK should hang their heads in shame in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:07:08 AM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:00 AM »
So if she is still in Portugal she's now in their newspapers for no real reason as far as we know. The media in both Portugal and the UK should hang their heads in shame in my opinion.

IMO I think it also shows why armchair detectives should not be sharing their theories with the press & be content with giving any useful information they have to only the relevant authorities.