Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67833 times)

stephen25000

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #525 on: November 22, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
Indeed! I remian wedded to the sentiments expressed in posts 58,61,67,121 & 145.
Especially the "and yet another gold mine full of pyrites"..................... ?{)(**

That Alice I.M.H.O., is a very appropriate reference.  8((()*/

Offline John

« Reply #526 on: November 22, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »
Indeed! I remian wedded to the sentiments expressed in posts 58,61,67,121 & 145.
Especially the "and yet another gold mine full of pyrites"..................... ?{)(**

I don't think many will disagree, Madeleine's disappearance is a cash cow for some.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:33:13 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #527 on: November 22, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
Then why is her name in the press ?

There was no need for it.

I remain astounded that you and some others are so incensed by this.  As far as I know not one of you have ever raised a single objection either to innocent names being banded about for years or to yourselves or others trawling the files selectively for quotes to suit whatever argument being made at the time.

If it is wrong to access information and publicise one individual from information available in the public domain why has it never occurred to you that it must also be wrong for all those others whose names have been similarly bandied about simply because they have been innocent parties in a police investigation?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #528 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:01 PM »
Those stories in the Express disappeared some time ago.

Ever since then, they have shown unfettered support for the Mccanns, and don't question abduction, regardless of the lack of evidence to support it.

Don't assume either that all members of the press support the mccanns, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary.

Abduction is supported by evidence imo

The McCann's are not suspects in either investigation...and imo that's the view of the majority

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #529 on: November 22, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »
I don't think many will disagree, Madeleine's disappearance is a cash cow for some.

The press and amaral have certainly done well out of it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #530 on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »
I remain astounded that you and some others are so incensed by this.  As far as I know not one of you have ever raised a single objection either to innocent names being banded about for years or to yourselves or others trawling the files selectively for quotes to suit whatever argument being made at the time.

If it is wrong to access information and publicise one individual from information available in the public domain why has it never occurred to you that it must also be wrong for all those others whose names have been similarly bandied about simply because they have been innocent parties in a police investigation?

I'm equally astounded that you can't see the difference between a discussion forum and a national newspaper. Or between posting anonymously and publicly identifying yourself as some kind of expert. Amaral got a lot of stick for being an expert, didn't he? The difference being that he had the track record to support his claim.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #531 on: November 22, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
I'm equally astounded that you can't see the difference between a discussion forum and a national newspaper. Or between posting anonymously and publicly identifying yourself as some kind of expert. Amaral got a lot of stick for being an expert, didn't he? The difference being that he had the track record to support his claim.
I've never seen amarals track record..
Heri didn't claim to be an expert as I remember

Offline Brietta

« Reply #532 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:16 PM »

Not everyone posts anonymously though do they? Nor do the fora on which they post shy from promoting, using and linking to the very instrument which has caused the present outrage.

The information regarding the person named in the newspapers has been in the public domain since the day and hour Portuguese law was flouted by the illegal publication of the PJ files on the internet.

That this repository of information ... which enables all sorts of personal information to be accessed such as the crime busting invasion of privacy represented by revelation of Mr Healey's medication ... apparently has become offensive because there are those who now disagree with some of the information under release.

In my opinion it is not the principle which is now found to be objectionable but the fact that the information retrieved just is not liked because it diversifies somewhat from core belief.

Surely a conundrum?  Something cannot be selectively wrong ... it either is or is not entirely wrong and all the posturing in the world cannot, in my opinion, detract from that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #533 on: November 22, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Not everyone posts anonymously though do they? Nor do the fora on which they post shy from promoting, using and linking to the very instrument which has caused the present outrage.

The information regarding the person named in the newspapers has been in the public domain since the day and hour Portuguese law was flouted by the illegal publication of the PJ files on the internet.

That this repository of information ... which enables all sorts of personal information to be accessed such as the crime busting invasion of privacy represented by revelation of Mr Healey's medication ... apparently has become offensive because there are those who now disagree with some of the information under release.

In my opinion it is not the principle which is now found to be objectionable but the fact that the information retrieved just is not liked because it diversifies somewhat from core belief.

Surely a conundrum?  Something cannot be selectively wrong ... it either is or is not entirely wrong and all the posturing in the world cannot, in my opinion, detract from that.

Right, wrong, guilty, innocent, pregnant; all absolutes one is or one isn't.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #534 on: November 22, 2017, 05:52:25 PM »
Right, wrong, guilty, innocent, pregnant; all absolutes one is or one isn't.

Quite right ... however with the exception of pregnancy from the examples you have chosen when all will be revealed in due time, pseudocyesis excepted, in my opinion it is possible for rights and wrongs ~ innocence or guilt ~ to be determined by morality and belief systems.

I have noticed that individuals who have no qualms whatsoever about utilising a source for their own purposes are expressing the opinion of how fundamentally wrong it is for others to impart information from that same source.
That in my opinion is the inconsistency.
In my opinion all is wrong or nothing is wrong if the opinion is being expressed by the same individuals ... it cannot be chopped and changed to suit.

It remains to be seen if the woman in purple seen by a witness standing outside the McCann apartment according to MSM and currently being sought by detectives according to MSM is one and the same as the woman named in the Express.

In the interim what we do know is that Madeleine's case is still being investigated and in my opinion ... that can only be a good thing.

Offline Carana

« Reply #535 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »
Reading through the past few pages, I guess I feel in a half-way house.

I can understand that the files were released on CD to journalists for simple reasons of expediency. However, it was then up to the journalists to use the information responsibly.

From those that I've read, PT court rulings name the plaintiff / defendant, then everyone gets substituted by letters (e.g. AA, BB). In the files that were released, personal details weren't redacted, possibly due to a lack of time. The files then got leaked and uploaded, and the rest is history.

The downside has been the inevitable scrutiny of everyone named, sometimes no doubt with an unwanted intrusion of privacy, and perhaps unpleasant consequences due to various [ censored word ]s.

The upside has been an opportunity to fact check the myriad of myths and conspiracies both in tabloids and on social media.

Unless I'm mistaken, many of us have named people in the files in the course of various discussions (myself included).

Any tabloid hack could have picked up on a discussion here and would have found a new "exclusive" to fill a few lines. At least one in PT regularly does so in relation to a a certain "research group".

That said, I don't understand the point of highlighting their names to the media.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #536 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
It seems that those who say she should not have been named are repeatedly naming her and providing links to where she is named. If they were truly concerned then why are they doing this. Any news from the lady herself...it seems not. When lambasting the UK press I believe she has also been named by the Portuguese press

stephen25000

« Reply #537 on: November 22, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
It seems that those who say she should not have been named are repeatedly naming her and providing links to where she is named. If they were truly concerned then why are they doing this. Any news from the lady herself...it seems not. When lambasting the UK press I believe she has also been named by the Portuguese press

As the saying goes, the cat is out of the bag.

I hope she brings a case against the Express, and any of the other tabloids who placed her name in the National Media.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #538 on: November 22, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »
As the saying goes, the cat is out of the bag.

I hope she brings a case against the Express, and any of the other tabloids who placed her name in the National Media.

Imo she has no case whatsoever

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #539 on: November 22, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »
In my Opinion...she has no case for defamation