Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67821 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #645 on: November 24, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »
Cultural differences ?

Really ?

Are you saying that it is part of British Culture to leave children unattended and unsafe, whilst parents go out to wine and dine ?

It is not unusual for UK parents ON HOLIDAY to adopt the Listening method of childcare when they went to dinner and have been doing this for decades.

You may not agree with it and you are entitled to your opinion.  However that doesn't alter the fact that other people do agree with it and are also entitled to their opinions.

It seems to me that the PJ were not immediately familiar with this method of childcare.   I presume that was because it is not part of their culture.

IMO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #646 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:18 AM »
It is not unusual for UK parents ON HOLIDAY to adopt the Listening method of childcare when they went to dinner and have been doing this for decades.

You may not agree with it and you are entitled to your opinion.  However that doesn't alter the fact that other people do agree with it and are also entitled to their opinions.

It seems to me that the PJ were not immediately familiar with this method of childcare.   I presume that was because it is not part of their culture.

IMO

What childcare  ?

Wasn't one of the children ill, and still left alone ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #647 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:46 AM »
Probably because they've had unlimited finance and other resources thrown at it.
However, for all the technology available to them, they appear to have made little headway.
Eliminating hundreds of people who had no involvement in the first place can hardly be called progress.

I disagree there, Jassi.

If you're looking for a potential diamond in a boxful of glass pebbles, eliminating the pebbles narrows down the possibilities. Time-consuming donkey work, for sure, but I don't see how else they could have systematically drilled down to a single "critical lead".

ETA: to keep vaguely to topic - the "critical lead" in question doesn't appear to have been this lady.

stephen25000

« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2017, 10:10:29 AM »
Detectives searching for the youngster have been scouring Europe in an attempt to locate the mysterious figure, who was the main lead keeping the investigation alive.

Erm, according to whom, besides the tabloids?

Mrs Todorov, 48, worked there with her husband, Stefan, who has since returned to his homeland of Bulgaria.

Did she confirm that? If so, why no direct quote?

It is this 'woman in purple', the Mail understands, who is keeping alive Operation Grange, the marathon reinvestigation of the Madeleine McCann case by Scotland Yard, now in its sixth year.

(...)
In the past few months, the Grange team — now down to four detectives from a peak of 31 — has been criss-crossing Europe trying to locate the woman.

(...)
Their budget had been due to run out in September, but officers are understood to have used the 'woman in purple' line of investigation to persuade the Home Office — which is financing the inquiry from central government funds — to grant a six-month extension.

But where exactly did the Mail get this "understanding" from?

"...It must be asked why it has taken ten years for attention to focus on this suspect?"
(...)

"Why is the British taxpayer being asked to finance Operation Grange further when all other leads have come to dispiriting dead-ends?"

Cue howls of outrage at taxpayers's money on bungling police operation. Hardly subtle, is it?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5113205/Maddie-McCann-Waitress-DENIES-woman-purple.html#ixzz4zLFXItB8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Predictable though Carana.

stephen25000

« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
I disagree there, Jassi.

If you're looking for a potential diamond in a boxful of glass pebbles, eliminating the pebbles narrows down the possibilities. Time-consuming donkey work, for sure, but I don't see how else they could have systematically drilled down to a single "critical lead".

ETA: to keep vaguely to topic - the "critical lead" in question doesn't appear to have been this lady.

"critical lead"

Which means exactly what ?

I've heard that phraseology before.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
What childcare  ?

Wasn't one of the children ill, and still left alone ?

No.

Offline jassi

« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
"critical lead"

Which means exactly what ?

I've heard that phraseology before.

Critical in the sense that nothing we've tried before has worked, so it's critical that this one gives us an answer, otherwise our money will be pulled.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
Predictable though Carana.

Well, I suppose it takes the heat off Brexit for a few minutes. ;)

Seriously, what's the point of plugging every hole in a bucket unless you plug the last remaining one as well?

This last lead may also turn out to be irrelevant, but at least there's a vast database to consult if ever any new information needs to be checked out.

Aside from whatever happened to Madeleine, whoever assaulted those kids (whether the same person in all instances or different ones) needs to be found, and so far, he (or they) could still be at large.

Offline Benice

« Reply #653 on: November 24, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
Probably because they've had unlimited finance and other resources thrown at it.
However, for all the technology available to them, they appear to have made little headway.
Eliminating hundreds of people who had no involvement in the first place can hardly be called progress.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

How could SY know in advance, i.e. BEFORE they investigated them -  that as a result of their investigations people would be eliminated?

Eliminating potential suspects from an investigation is perfectly normal police practice imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #654 on: November 24, 2017, 10:25:24 AM »
Well, I suppose it takes the heat off Brexit for a few minutes. ;)

Seriously, what's the point of plugging every hole in a bucket unless you plug the last remaining one as well?

This last lead may also turn out to be irrelevant, but at least there's a vast database to consult if ever any new information needs to be checked out.

Aside from whatever happened to Madeleine, whoever assaulted those kids (whether the same person in all instances or different ones) needs to be found, and so far, he (or they) could still be at large.

Not OG's job, of course, that's the responsibility of the Portuguese police.
British police have more than enough to do trying to keep on top of British crimes
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #655 on: November 24, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

How could SY know in advance, i.e. BEFORE they investigated them -  that as a result of their investigations people would be eliminated?

Eliminating potential suspects from an investigation is perfectly normal police practice imo.

Correct and Portugal's highest court has made it clear who has not been eliminated.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #656 on: November 24, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »
She said she was wearing Rob's fleece, but wasn't asked what colour it was. She said she called across the carpark to Rob to check what time it was. I suppose it's possible that Jes simply didn't notice Rob, or else it may simply not have been her and Jes was mistaken.

Where did that come from? Who is Rob?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #657 on: November 24, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
No.

'Russell, doctor, married to Jane Tanner, only returned to the table one hour later. He told his friends that he found the eldest child, same age as Maddie, unwell: the girl was vomiting and he changed the bed linen.'

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/guilt-of-mccanns.html

Offline Carana

« Reply #658 on: November 24, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Where did that come from? Who is Rob?

R'Ob. Sorry

Offline barrier

« Reply #659 on: November 24, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
No.

Around 19h00 each one went to their apartment with the children. She bathed her daughters, she read them a story, she put them to bed. Ev was sick and had difficulty with sleeping stayed with her father, who had arrived in the meantime, (on the previous night the deponent stayed later in the bedroom because her daughter had difficulty in sleeping; on this night it was her husband's turn). She left the apartment and went to the Tapas, for dinner, around 20h30.

When she arrived at the restaurant there were already some adult members of the group, namely the McCanns, without their children. They [the children] were supposedly sleeping.

Around 21h00 her husband arrived at the restaurant, Ev, meanwhile, having fallen asleep.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.