Author Topic: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?  (Read 67833 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Maddie cops pursue mysterious woman in purple?
« Reply #660 on: November 24, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
Jane is the one wearing purple identified by name by Jez and if there is anyone who should be interrogated questioned by police, it's her

If the police do consider the 'woman in purple' to be of importance then the idea that JT has not been interviewed over this is not remotely credible IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline barrier

« Reply #661 on: November 24, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
She said she was wearing Rob's fleece, but wasn't asked what colour it was. She said she called across the carpark to Rob to check what time it was. I suppose it's possible that Jes simply didn't notice Rob, or else it may simply not have been her and Jes was mistaken.
When?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm

Around 19h00 each one went to their apartment with the children. She bathed her daughters, she read them a story, she put them to bed. Ev was sick and had difficulty with sleeping stayed with her father, who had arrived in the meantime, (on the previous night the deponent stayed later in the bedroom because her daughter had difficulty in sleeping; on this night it was her husband's turn). She left the apartment and went to the Tapas, for dinner, around 20h30.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #662 on: November 24, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
Not OG's job, of course, that's the responsibility of the Portuguese police.
British police have more than enough to do trying to keep on top of British crimes

True. On the other hand, those girls are also British subjects, and it's not clear whether those assaults were being actively investigated, nor whether any potential link was being investigated.

It may well be that both forces are now cooperating to get to the bottom of it. At least, I hope so.

Offline barrier

« Reply #663 on: November 24, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
If the police do consider the 'woman in purple' to be of importance then the idea that JT has not been interviewed over this is not remotely credible IMO.

Rowley tells us that they have not questioned the parents,so why should it not follow that they have not questioned the others?
Besides imo there is no police consideration for this particular woman who went to Bulgaria but didn't.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #664 on: November 24, 2017, 11:06:15 AM »
Rowley tells us that they have not questioned the parents,so why should it not follow that they have not questioned the others?
Besides imo there is no police consideration for this particular woman who went to Bulgaria but didn't.

Rowley has not said the parents have not been interviewed

Offline jassi

« Reply #665 on: November 24, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
When?

If Jane left at about 8.30, leaving Russell with sick child, when did Russell arrive at the Tapas?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #666 on: November 24, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
When?

Quite right, my mistake. I'll correct my earlier post on that.

JT said she was wearing R'Ob's fleece, but it was Rachel who said she'd called across the car park.

"...cos you know I mean the tables booked for eight thirty, erm and you know by the time we've both get ready and stuff, it was, it was probably about half eight or you know maybe a bit later, erm and I remember seeing, we saw Gerry and Kate walk from, from our apartment, you could see the tables at the Tapas, erm I remember seeing Gerry and Kate sort of walk erm you know, into the Ocean Club and across to the Tapas, erm so Matt and I kind of sort of you know we'd better get going and that was, and walking down, we went out the front, the patio doors were locked, we went out the front door, locked that, erm through the car park and walked down the road and I think I remember going across the car park and asking Matt what the time was and it was about twenty to eight, er twenty to nine sorry, erm and so we were a bit later..."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

Offline Benice

« Reply #667 on: November 24, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »

IIRC Jez Wilkins thought it was JT who he saw dressed in purple.   If SY are interested in finding out who this person is then surely in view of what Jez had said -  contact with JT for clarification would be the obvious thing to do.    So why would they not do that?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline barrier

« Reply #668 on: November 24, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
IIRC Jez Wilkins thought it was JT who he saw dressed in purple.   If SY are interested in finding out who this person is then surely in view of what Jez had said -  contact with JT for clarification would be the obvious thing to do.    So why would they not do that?

Some one making mischief making,SY are not telling any one any thing imo,there is no woman in purple at least not in the context of this thread imo.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #669 on: November 24, 2017, 11:20:40 AM »
Jenny Murat's statement was made on 15 May 2007, after her son was made an arguido.

Her trip to Baptista supermarket for bread is documented in her statement

There is no mention of a woman in purple lurking near 5A.  There is no mention of Bulgaria.  There is no mention of a near-accident with another car.

Her son was under PJ scrutiny, but these embellishments were not raised at the time.

*%87
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #670 on: November 24, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
Rowley has not said the parents have not been interviewed

This is what he said.True he never said that they had not been interviewed,but importantly he never gave a reason as to why they should be.

Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation.

Offline barrier

« Reply #671 on: November 24, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
If Jane left at about 8.30, leaving Russell with sick child, when did Russell arrive at the Tapas?

8:45.

At around 7.15/7.30pm, the informant went back to his apartment. He read stories to his daughters, including **** who was feeling better. His partner, Jane, went to have dinner at the "TAPAS" restaurant at around 8.30pm and he went there at around 8.45pm. When he arrived at the restaurant, nearly all the adults were present, without children, with the exception of David, Fiona and Diane. They arrived more or less 5 minutes later.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN.htm

Offline Carana

« Reply #672 on: November 24, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
This appeared recently in the tabloids, but I can't find the original article, for the moment, and so am resorting to Anorak.

Mea culpa: I should have double-checked before posting.

And in 2009, the Express reported the words of a woman who wished to remain anonymous:

The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007 near the Mark Warner Ocean Club complex.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/439414/tabloids/madeleine-mccann-the-woman-in-purple-and-plum.html/

If that description refers to anyone in the group, it sounds more like Rachel (IMO) than Jane.

As others have pointed out, JT did indeed state that she'd left alone.

Offline jassi

« Reply #673 on: November 24, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
One has to ask who, if anyone, is likely to benefit from this story about a woman in purple?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #674 on: November 24, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
One has to ask who, if anyone, is likely to benefit from this story about a woman in purple?
The newspapers...I thought that was obvious