Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210632 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2018, 07:51:52 PM »
June 2010
"THE MOTHER of Luke Mitchell is involved in an internet campaign blaming another man for Jodi Jones’ murder.

Corrine Mitchell has always protested her son’s innocence, and has now joined forces with investigative campaigner Sandra Lean to point the finger at another man.

They claim on an internet forum that DNA evidence links the man with the brutal 2003 stabbing.

And the man in question said he was aware of the claims against him.

He said: “I know what these people are saying about me.

“I will deal with this in my own time

Luke Mitchell, 22, was convicted of the murder of his 14-year-old girlfriend in 2005.

But his mum recently posted on an internet forum that evidence points to someone else.

She wrote: “X’s semen and blood were on Jodi’s T-shirt…his description and clothing matched a witness statement of a male ‘following Jodi’…he was known to the police.

“Is it me or is anyone else adding things up here?

“Description of man seen behind Jodi – grey hooded top.

“Several days after the murder X hands his grey hooded top to the police saying it has been washed.

“At 5pm X’s alibi is Janine (Jodi’s sister).

“The police accepted that Janine said, ‘he was with me’ and from him ‘ I was with her’.”

Sandra lean November 2015:
If I don't do this, then it's all the false and misleading inforrmation that gets left out there, and that's what people are left with to draw their conclusions from - that just doesn't sit right with me.

" My argument is not, and has never been, "It wasn't Luke who killed Jodi - I know this because it was X."
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg336117.html#msg336117

And Sandra Lean, author and researcher on miscarriages of justice, added: “Our Mr X is emerging as more and more suspicious.

“The info that’s coming our way is shocking, especially as the police should have been onto this stuff right from the beginning.

Another poster said: “Jodi wore a T-shirt which had DNA on it from X yet no other was found.

You can really only take one conclusion from that.”

Sandra Lean – who publically supports Mrs Mitchell is her quest to clear her son’s name – denied she was accusing the man of murder.

She said: “No-one is accusing anyone.

“There’s a danger in pointing the finger but in many ways he’s pointing the finger at himself

“Any line of enquiry that might establish who killed Jodi is worth pursuing.”

Jodi Jones was found murdered on a footpath near her home in Dalkeith in June 2003.

Her boyfriend Luke Mitchell was charged with her murder ten months later and found guilty and sentenced to 20 years behind bars

Mitchell is currently appealing against the length of his sentence
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2010/06/20/mitchells-mum-points-finger-at-another-man-for-jodi-killing/

As the above shows - Sandra Lean has been caught lying and attempting to manipulate.by others. It's a matter of public record

And this is just one example of many .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:55:16 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »
They are all words of a journalist, quite conflicting ones at that - on that basis I choose not to trust the article in it's entirety. (Even the headline says no DNA etc)

There are plenty of other articles which support no DNA being found also. (but let's just ignore them all too)

Not like the journalists were batting on Luke's side either way - so I doubt they would have been willing to lie for him. Lying about him on the other hand, well that is a different story.

There are plenty of juries who find people guilty who get it very wrong indeed - just ask those poor people who have spent years in prison before being exonerated...

I won't be drawn into a further argument with you, just popped in to make my point about the article. I will leave you talking to yourself again.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2018, 08:39:47 PM »
"The Jodi Jones murder trial was told sex, drugs, knives and Satan were the main interests of Luke Mitchell, the 16-year-old who was today found guilty of murdering the youngster.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1481696/Profile-of-a-teenage-killer.html

Photos of some exhibits can be seen here
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4962066/Murderer-jailed-life-fresh-bid-clear-name.html

Sex drugs knives and Satan are not normal past times for any 14 year old boy!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:43:21 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »
I read the comments underneath the daily mail article - one said... "If he was convicted based on an interest in the occult then about a fifth of the teenagers in Britain could have done it!"

Another said the scribblings on the jotter are song lyrics...

So he was a goth, big deal! So he smoked cannabis, so do hundreds, if not thousands of kids!

Still not enough to convict - in my opinion.

Just me making another point.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
I read the comments underneath the daily mail article - one said... "If he was convicted based on an interest in the occult then about a fifth of the teenagers in Britain could have done it!"

Another said the scribblings on the jotter are song lyrics...

So he was a goth, big deal! So he smoked cannabis, so do hundreds, if not thousands of kids!

Still not enough to convict - in my opinion.

Just me making another point.

What point are you making?

Luke Mitchell had motive,means and the opportunity. Did all those mentioned in the comments?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »
What was his motive? I am sure there were other people who had "means" and "opportunity" also!

Still not enough evidence to convict - in my opinion.

As you say, we can go around in circles. You keep bringing things up, it won't change my mind, I've read/seen it all before.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2018, 08:20:37 PM »
Why would a fourteen year old want to murder his girlfriend in such a ghastly way?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2018, 09:22:35 PM »
Why would a fourteen year old want to murder his girlfriend in such a ghastly way?

Because he was a goth and smoked cannabis... apparently...

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »

Have you met the Mitchell's? Sandra Lean?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »
Have you met the Mitchell's? Sandra Lean?

What has this got to do with Luke Mitchell being innocent or guilty? I do not judge people by their families or who they know, I am not that shallow.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
What has this got to do with Luke Mitchell being innocent or guilty? I do not judge people by their families or who they know, I am not that shallow.

If Luke were to "confess" to killing Jodi, what would be your reaction?  Would you automatically think he was guilty?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »

If Luke were to "confess" to killing Jodi, what would be your reaction?  Would you automatically think he was guilty?

Why do you ask? If it is in relation to Tabak - he has more than a confession against him. I think I explained this on Tabak's thread - it was not just the confession that led to his conviction.

However - if Luke were  to plead guilty at this stage it would certainly change my view of the whole case considering the length of time he has already spent in prison for the crime. That being said - I know some people end up confessing to crimes purely because they want to get parole. It would not change my view of the case against him at the time of trial being very weak - unlike Tabaks.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
Why do you ask? If it is in relation to Tabak - he has more than a confession against him. I think I explained this on Tabak's thread - it was not just the confession that led to his conviction.

However - if Luke were  to plead guilty at this stage it would certainly change my view of the whole case considering the length of time he has already spent in prison for the crime. That being said - I know some people end up confessing to crimes purely because they want to get parole. It would not change my view of the case against him at the time of trial being very weak - unlike Tabaks.

Thanks for answering! I agree with you that the case against Luke was very weak.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »
In 2008 appeal Court Judges stated (among other things):

"As to other matters of complaint, while there may be cases where the combined effect of a series of unsatisfactory features in a trial may result in a miscarriage of justice, we are not persuaded that this is such a case [/b].
 https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=e2988aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »

Did he have previous convictions?

"For example, it did not involve the revelation of previous convictions"  - taken from para (55)
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=e2988aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7