Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 212616 times)

Offline justsaying

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »
You are clearly missing the point! The relative told the truth whereas Mitchell lied!

How do you know he lied? Were you there when he was 'supplying' people? Why was the relative not charged with supplying and Luke was? I think it is you who is missing the point, by a long mile!

jixy

« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »
Liar and untrustworthy. Reminds me of someone

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2018, 08:17:49 PM »
"On July 2014, the SCCRC revealed that police officers breached Luke Mitchell's human rights when they questioned him over the murder of his teenage girlfriend Jodi Jones. However, they determined he was not the victim of a miscarriage of justice. The SCCRC report made it clear that, despite Mitchell’s claims that he was innocent, there are no grounds to challenge the guilty verdict. Chief executive Gerard Sinclair wrote: 'The Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission has now completed its inquiries into whether or not a miscarriage of justice may have occurred in respect of Mr Luke Muir Mitchell’s conviction and sentence. The Commission has decided not to refer Mr Mitchell’s case to the High Court.[15] Immediately following the decision by the SCCRC, it was announced that Mitchell would take his case to the European Courts although the competency of such a move is questionable since the ECHR has a strict six-month deadline for applications pursuant to the case being heard by the domestic court
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jixy

« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
You seem to get comfort from that. Is that because you believe Luke is guilty or because you despise Sandra? Obsessed by her even

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:45:31 PM by mrswah »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2018, 08:23:01 PM »
"On July 2014, the SCCRC revealed that police officers breached Luke Mitchell's human rights when they questioned him over the murder of his teenage girlfriend Jodi Jones. However, they determined he was not the victim of a miscarriage of justice. The SCCRC report made it clear that, despite Mitchell’s claims that he was innocent, there are no grounds to challenge the guilty verdict. Chief executive Gerard Sinclair wrote: 'The Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission has now completed its inquiries into whether or not a miscarriage of justice may have occurred in respect of Mr Luke Muir Mitchell’s conviction and sentence. The Commission has decided not to refer Mr Mitchell’s case to the High Court.[15] Immediately following the decision by the SCCRC, it was announced that Mitchell would take his case to the European Courts although the competency of such a move is questionable since the ECHR has a strict six-month deadline for applications pursuant to the case being heard by the domestic court

How they came to that conclusion is beyond me!

Didn't it take the Birmingham 6 at least 3 attempts at appeal before the conviction was overturned? Or was that the Guildford 4? Or both?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2018, 08:34:46 PM »
I’m an innocent lad condemned by lies and errors, claims Luke Mitchell
Saturday 21 July 2012 LUKE Mitchell, the killer of Scots teenager Jodi Jones, has claimed that his conviction for her murder was down to “lies, deceptions and a fully flawed murder investigation”.

Mitchell issued his statement as his mother, Corinne, 53, delivered a 300-page dossier to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCCRC) in Glasgow yesterday in an attempt to have the 23-year-old’s case returned to the courts.

Mitchell was jailed in 2005 for the murder of his teenage girlfriend in 2003.

“I was let down by the people we are meant to trust” Luke Mitchell
The file includes claims that someone who looked like him may have confused eyewitnesses, and that he did not receive a fair trial.

Mitchell has already lost one appeal, in 2008, over his conviction of killing of 14-year-old Jodi, who was found stabbed to death in a wooded area close to her home at Easthouses, Midlothian. He was sentenced to at least 20 years.

Outside the SCCRC building, Ms Mitchell, accompanied by her lawyer, Sandra Lean, who has led the case review application, issued a statement written by Mitchell in his prison cell.

He wrote that next week would mark nine years behind bars.

“Another one spent without my family and friends. Over the last nine years, I have lost so much – my girlfriend, my beloved grandmother, my dog and, of course, my freedom – the one thing we all take for granted.

“This was down to lies, deceptions and a fully flawed murder investigation. I was let down by the people we are meant to trust – the police and lawyers. This led to an innocent lad locked up in prison, and a guilty one allowed to go free.

“Now I am getting the chance to put the real facts and the real evidence to the real body of people who will be able to see my case for what it is – a true miscarriage of justice.”

Mitchell thanked supporters who set up a website and campaigned for his release, adding that he was grateful to the “few legal professionals who still understand and practise integrity.”

Mitchell and his mother must now wait to see if an appeal will be allowed.

Ms Mitchell said it was a “big day” for her son.

“Luke is happy that it’s finally got to this stage, but he is fed-up that he is where he is,” she said. “My son’s life is passing him by in there. It’s been a very tough journey … hopefully this document will help the case get back to the courts.”

Asked about the emotional pain being inflicted on Jodi’s family by continuing to appeal against the conviction, Ms Mitchell replied: “At the end of the day, Jodi’s family haven’t got justice. The killer hasn’t been locked up – the killer is still out there.”

Ms Mitchell said she did not know how long it would take for the SCCRC to arrive at a conclusion. But Ms Lean was upbeat.

“This is a vital new step in our fight to clear Luke’s name,” she said.

“The commission will have the opportunity to review the case in its entirety and come to a view on the botched investigation, which we believe resulted in a terrible miscarriage of justice.”

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-scotsman/20120721/282024734382667
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:38:09 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #381 on: November 03, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »
You seem to get comfort from that. Is that because you believe Luke is guilty or because you despise Sandra? Obsessed by her even

Why did you marry a convicted murderer in prison and proceed to stamp on anyone you have ever come into contact with?

I do believe Luke Mitchell is guilty because of the parallels in the Simon Hall case; much of what I learned, you won't find in the public domain.

It's a suggestion that has certainly sparked high emotions. "Yes, there has been a bit of intimidation since I started this," nods Sandra, reflecting on four years spent trying to fathom out who really has Jodi Jones' blood on their hands. "I've been followed around, intimidated. It's not been very pleasant, and you'd have to be stupid not to feel uncomfortable about that. But as a mother, I'd rather know they have the right person behind bars."

In her hands, she holds the book she has finally just seen published. No Smoke: The Shocking Truth About British Justice highlights seven high-profile criminal convictions - including Mitchell's - each of them she firmly believes to be a gross miscarriage of justice. It includes cases like that of Sion Jenkins - the stepfather of Billie-Jo Jenkins who has finally been cleared of her murder - and Gordon Park, whose wife Carol Ann Park's body was found in the Lake District 30 years after she went missing

But it is Mitchell's conviction and the court case that held Scotland gripped by the details of his oddball existence, drugs, two-timing and alleged obsession with the occult - that may incur the displeasure of her local community.

"The public opinion was so much against Luke Mitchell and the Mitchell family that to start speaking in support and start questioning things has been risky," admits Sandra

I was in a shop recently, talking to someone I know when another woman came in. The person I was speaking to mentioned that I'd been looking at the Luke Mitchell case, and this other woman - you know the kind, knuckles scrapping on the floor - turned and growled something like: 'Well, you'd just better watch yourself'."

There have been other, even more worrying incidents which Sandra prefers not to discuss publicly. Yet she is so driven to lift the lid on what she sees as fundamental flaws in the justice system which have sent Mitchell to jail for 20 years, that she's prepared to take the flak: "I'll just not shop in that shop for a while," she shrugs

While the police still insist the case is closed, her personal conclusion is that Jodi's killer could not have been the then 14-year-old Mitchell and that the legal case around the St David's High School pupil was based on circumstantial evidence, and the investigation botched
. http://truthinjustice.org/no-smoke.htm

I agree there are most definitely "fundamental flaws in the justice system."

Simon Hall's conviction was based on "circumstantial evidence" and the police investigation into JA's murder was most definitely "botched." Police failures regarding disclosure issues etc etc.

But there are guilty men walking in the footsteps of the innocent. Circumstantial cases give the guilty plausible deniability.

14 year old boys DO commit murder!

Whose innocence was betrayed and by whom?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:25:53 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
Please keep to the topic, and refrain from insulting other posters. Thanks.

jixy

« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Thank you mrswah for responding to the reports about the posts.

jixy

« Reply #384 on: November 04, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »
Lots of discrepancies are highlighted right from the start. it does make me wonder what the Police working on Luke's case were thinking. Important but basic stuff messed up ignored or totally changed.

When the basics are wrong, what hope is there for anything else to change?

The book will certainly make people think about Luke and other cases they may be familiar with

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
This topic concerns Luke Mitchell and not Simon Hall or Sandra Lean. Any off topic or condescending comments will be deleted.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

jixy

« Reply #386 on: November 05, 2018, 12:25:06 PM »
With so many mistakes right from the start, Luke really didnt stand much of a chance to ever been seen as innocence. No matter what you view on Luke is now, it is really quite shocking

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2018, 08:49:28 PM »
How do you know he lied? Were you there when he was 'supplying' people? Why was the relative not charged with supplying and Luke was? I think it is you who is missing the point, by a long mile!

Do you think relatives in cases like this should be charged?

Would be interesting to hear your views
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:55:38 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »

These are quite clearly your psychological projections