Author Topic: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 4  (Read 59663 times)

Offline steve_trousers

Re: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 4
« Reply #405 on: February 06, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »
Previous cases batted away by Coa that eventually went on to be rightfully overturned as will eventually happen with JB's case:

Stefan Kizsko

"We can find no grounds whatsoever to condemn the jury's verdict of murder as in any way safe or unsatisfactory.  The appeal is dismissed".  Lord Justice Bridge.

Stephen Downing

"The court felt that her evidence was not credible and secure enough to allow an appeal against the conviction".

Sally Clarke

"Despite recognition of the flaws in Meadow's statistical evidence, the convictions were upheld at appeal in October 2000."

Guildford Four

"Both the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven unsuccessfully sought leave to appeal their convictions immediately".

"The Guildford Four tried to obtain from the Home Secretary a reference to the Court of Appeal under Section 17 of Criminal Appeal Act 1968 (later repeled) but were unsuccessful.

Birmingham 6

"In March 1976 their first application for leave to appeal was dismissed by the Court of Appeal, presided over by Lord Widgery CJ".

"In January 1988 after a six week hearing (at that time the longest criminal hearing ever held), the convictions were ruled to be safe and satisfactory.  The Court of Appeal, presided over by the Lord Chief Justice Lord Lane dismissed the appeals".

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again".

Kiszko was always a questionable conviction by the way.

As for the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 - guilty as hell

I can understand folks who remain on the fence pending further information on Bamber but you stated recently there is “not one scintilla of hope” he is guilty. That’s just plain daft in the face of the facts
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:19:19 PM by steve_trousers »

Offline James55

« Reply #406 on: February 06, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »
Coincidence meaning no particular reason. Personally i think many (not all) women think hes charismatic or handsome and are more prone to believe him than men do.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #407 on: February 06, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »
I tell you what if you somehow manage to free him I will give you a free hit with a 9 iron. And they are big by the way so you can’t miss this time.

But joking aside this is serious business Holly, the surviving relatives will be at risk. if it wasn’t so serious I would wish you luck with your theory

And while we’re at it I haven’t seen you ever post anything scientific or insightful either. I was right about the carpet and other things but have now given up trying to convince you, if it isn’t framing Sheila you don’t want to know

The surviving relatives would be at risk of what?

I would imagine they are perfectly capable of looking after themselves, although I don't doubt that they would hate to see Jeremy released.

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #408 on: February 06, 2020, 07:13:02 PM »
It's well documented that Bamber has a grudge against the Eatons & Boutflours. From whichever side you look at it, if you think he;s innocent then they fitted him up for murder. if you think he's guilty they still shored up the sentence by going all miss marple and finding the silencer.

If he was ever released there would be conditions that he can't go near WHF for those reasons
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:23:50 PM by steve_trousers »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #409 on: February 06, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »
It's well documented that Bamber has a grudge against the Eatons & Boutflours. From whichever side you look at it, if you think he;s innocent then they fitted him up for murder. if you think he's guilty they still shored up the sentence by going all miss marple and finding the silencer.

If he was ever released there would be conditions that he can't go near WHF for those reasons

No doubt they are dreading the possibility of him being released, particularly if they did do anything to fit him up! I bet they are also worried that he might try to claim money from them , since they ended up with what would have been his inheritance, had he not been convicted.  All my opinion, of course------

I doubt he will ever be released, guilty or innocent, but if he were, there would have to be a court order keeping both parties well away from each other.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #410 on: February 06, 2020, 08:27:38 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know whether Colin still has contact with the other surviving relatives?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #411 on: February 06, 2020, 08:31:08 PM »
Coincidence meaning no particular reason. Personally i think many (not all) women think hes charismatic or handsome and are more prone to believe him than men do.

I've heard this opinion put forward before, but I don't know whether there is any truth in it.

For the record, his looks/charisma don't appeal to me at all, but then, I'm getting old!

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #412 on: February 06, 2020, 08:31:55 PM »

No doubt they are dreading the possibility of him being released, particularly if they did do anything to fit him up! I bet they are also worried that he might try to claim money from them , since they ended up with what would have been his inheritance, had he not been convicted.  All my opinion, of course------

I doubt he will ever be released, guilty or innocent, but if he were, there would have to be a court order keeping both parties well away from each other.

A few years ago he did try and claim money off them in the form of shares or dividends from the caravan park or something along those lines. He was slapped down and told his conviction barred him from anything. I bet he's sore alright.

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #413 on: February 06, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »

I think there is something in this, and that's not intended as sexist, perhaps some men might behave the same way if it was an attractive woman in the dock.

At Bamber’s trial, the jury were divided, and found the defendant guilty by a 10-2 majority. As sentence was passed, two female jurors wept.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #414 on: February 06, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »
Isn’t that the voice of Mark Newby ?

Episode 8 here might be helpful https://www.wirelessstudios.co.uk/podcast/reporter/

If this was Mark Newby - it sounded like him to me - then I’d like to hear his thoughts on both the content of the podcast and the content of Stephen Downing’s book

Stephens case hasn’t been fully aired in court’

Mark Newby can be heard here
Mark Newby, Mike Naughton, Dennis Eady & Glyn Maddocks, Carolyn Hoyle, Carole McCartney and Josephine Hodgson giving evidence at the justice committee 13th Jan 2015

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/21e7258c-2461-4a1f-af60-bbfb885de507
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:48:16 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #415 on: February 06, 2020, 10:03:21 PM »
A few years ago he did try and claim money off them in the form of shares or dividends from the caravan park or something along those lines. He was slapped down and told his conviction barred him from anything. I bet he's sore alright.

Yes, I heard that too. Of course, as a convicted person, he would not be entitled.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2020, 10:56:12 PM »
If this was Mark Newby - it sounded like him to me - then I’d like to hear his thoughts on both the content of the podcast and the content of Stephen Downing’s book

Stephens case hasn’t been fully aired in court’

Mark Newby can be heard here

Especially given the fact he knows all about placing ‘a fictional narrative in the public domain’

Presuming this is Mark Newby who’s representing Bamber; what is it he’s claiming ‘hasn’t been fully aired in court’ exactly in the Downing case?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:01:40 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #417 on: February 06, 2020, 11:10:57 PM »
TWISTED MIND White House Farm murderer Jeremy Bamber writes sick letter to parents he killed saying he wants to visit their graves

The sickeningly self-pitying letter to his parents also praised them for their achievements in serving Britain during the war.

“I vow though that when I achieve my freedom I will do all I can to honour not only Sheila’s memory and will do all that I can to help organisations which help with people who suffer from mental health issues.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10909726/jeremy-bamber-white-house-farm-murder-letter-to-parents/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:27:24 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2020, 12:09:29 AM »

Especially given the fact he knows all about placing ‘a fictional narrative in the public domain’

Presuming this is Mark Newby who’s representing Bamber; what is it he’s claiming ‘hasn’t been fully aired in court’ exactly in the Downing case?

And given the fact Downing is now claiming the police have allegedly taken, “the unprecedented action to withold all evidence from him and his supporters* for 95 years preventing any investigation to completely prove his innocence.”

* Would be interested to hear who his ‘supporters’ are

What hope does Mark Newby believe he has in the Bamber case? (Again, presuming that’s him in the podcast)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:15:47 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2020, 06:22:49 AM »

I've heard this opinion put forward before, but I don't know whether there is any truth in it.

For the record, his looks/charisma don't appeal to me at all, but then, I'm getting old!
Oh, Bamber was a charmer alright!  Rumpy-pumpie in the sky with a total stranger and poor Anji Greaves inconsolable when she learned he'd been convicted...

From "The Murders at White House Farm" by Carol Ann Lee...

Anji Greaves had waited for the verdict in a hotel not far from Chelmsford with two friends and a journalist. Her room was decorated with ‘Welcome Home, Jeremy!’ banners, and she wore her glitziest outfit, with a bag packed; the journalist intended to write Jeremy’s story when he was acquitted and then hustle the couple off on holiday. But when the television news delivered the outcome, Anji walked out in a daze, narrowly avoiding being run over. She told the journalist: ‘I feel so much loyalty for Jeremy but I do not know if I can bring myself to go on visiting now. It could be a life sentence for both of us.’
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.