Author Topic: How the psychopath can fool you...James Hanratty.  (Read 29885 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: How the psychopath can fool you...James Hanratty.
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:01 PM »
Very good points Admin,
Thank you for highlighting that the point has not been made before. It seems to be the main thread on Bamber's website labelled appropriately 'Psychopathy' They were used in order to explain away the notion that Bamber is, in any way, a psychopath.
Indeed you make a good point that his state of mind may have been different in 1985 - or at least insofar as deadly intent goes. In my view Bamber is without doubt, a classic, narcissistic psychopath. A police officer who interviewed Bamber  just after the murders described him as having 'something missing'  He states 'After speaking with this young man I was immediately struck by his complete lack of care. He just didnt care for anything. It just wasn't right'
I also was struck when reading about Bamber's first arrest at just how unconcerned he was. Roger Wilkes in his excellent appraisal of the case writes "Bamber was lead to the cells he was given food, and went to sleep in just a few moments'...........backtrack right there....'went to sleep in a few moments!!' He was so unconcerned he feel into a deep sleep in the police cells. To his supporters this could mean that he was unconcerned because he was innocent. I beg to differ, even innocent people will worry. This man was being questioned in connection with the murders of FIVE people, two of them children. Normal people dont just fall asleep. Normal people dont display the ostentatious, over-the-top displays of grief that Bamber did at the funerals, normal innocent people are not evasive, and need time to think of an answer during police questioning. This all leads to the same personality trait- psychopathy.
Bamber certainly displayed most, if not all of the main characteristics associated with this deadly personality type. Glibness, superficial charm, compulsive lying, manipulative, grandiose sense of entitlement, inflated sense of self-worth and complete lack of guilt, remorse, empathy or sympathy for others, and tellingly a complete inability to take responsibility for their own actions. In short this is picture-perfect description of very own Bamber's personality traits.

Another great post! You described his grandiose sense of entitlement here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=369.msg8280#msg8280
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline adam

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »
Hanratty's body was exhumed. His DNA matched the crime scene. Even then supporters amazingly claimed contamination. The judge generously called this claim 'fanciful'.

It takes a lot of courage to change stance on a convicted criminal after years of support. Bob Woffinden didn't really change stance. He was never part of any campaign. Bamber approached him & Woffinden wrote one article. He then changed his mind and wrote another article.

Several posters have changed stance to guilty & posted they have. 

Only David has changed stance to innocent, for non evidence reasons. He did not have the courage to post on the forum he had changed stance.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2020, 08:53:09 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am the guy from facebook and the Hanratty argument is mine. I felt it highly appropriate to the situtation.
There are striking similarities in both cases as regards denial. Whether or not Hanratty was actually a clinical psychopath will probably never be known, what we do know is that the DNA found at the crime scene matched his,  and therefore there is a extremely high probability that Hanratty is a murderer and a rapist. I believe the rape may be the cause of Hanratty's reluctance to admit to the crime, rather than the murder.  Who knows?
Bamber I believe, denies it persistently for several reasons. First and foremost he is aware that an admission of any sort would, almost certainly condemn him to a whole life tariff with virtually no hope of a retrial, Denial, however, affords Bamber the possibility - at least in theory - that his case may be referred to the Court of Appeal and he could be released, even on a technicality.
Secondly, Bamber's overbearing arrogance. This well-documented and clearly obnoxious side to Bamber's personality, I believe played and continues to play a huge part in his reluctance to admit that he is responsible for this heinous crime. Put simply, he simply cannot admit to himself and others that he is a cowardly murderer who ambushed 5 defenseless people one man , two women and two children. Lastly I believe that Bamber has portrayed himself - as narcissistic psychopaths often do - in the role of the victim. In was not him who committed the murders but his sister. Everyone else is lying. His relatives are trying to frame him. The police are out to get him. Anyone but him. This is one of the key traits of a psychopath - Denial and then shifting the blame. Psychopaths are adept at this. However, there is one last aspect to why I think Bamber persistently denies responsibility and readers may find this somewhat strange; Bamber has such total contempt for those people that he so brutally murdered, that he feels they are unworthy of his imprisonment for their murder. He feels it is highly unjust that a man such as himself should spend any time at all incarcerated just because of them. In effect Bamber may feel a sense of injustice not for the fact that he is serving time for murder, but because the people that he murdered are unworthy of the time he is serving. They were nothing to him and therefore any punishment thats is administered should follow suit. To any right-thinking individual it sounds extremely strange. However, to a narcissistic psychopath this type of thinking makes perfect sense.

Excellent summing-up of Jeremy Bamber’s psychopathy!
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.