Author Topic: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?  (Read 52746 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »
Fact..Gerry said that they weren’t sure that they’d get into the tapas bar that night...the files show us that the group had booked a table for every night that week...ergo, he lied.

Why he lied is opinion.....that he lied is not.

I was mulling over the degree of libel there ... but really who cares about the mind boggling nonsense of it all.

There is a girl out there who has been missing for twelve years and there have been two full scale investigations into that by two national police forces for more than half of that time ... and this is the best sceptics can come up with for discussion?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 10:45:09 PM »
And whether they did or not Rob what difference does it make to anything?  I find the latest fad regarding this rather bemusing ... I thought the bottom of the barrel had been scraped through some time since.

If Gerry lied then it makes a great difference, not least to his credibility.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 10:46:15 PM »
That’s what I’m trying to ascertain, though you seem reluctant to answer.
I think what Gerry was saying is a fact.  There is the little raising of the eyebrows as confirmation by Kate as Gerry talks.
To me he was telling the truth. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 10:47:02 PM »
I was mulling over the degree of libel there ... but really who cares about the mind boggling nonsense of it all.

There is a girl out there who has been missing for twelve years and there have been two full scale investigations into that by two national police forces for more than half of that time ... and this is the best sceptics can come up with for discussion?

There is no libel, truth is an absolute defence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2019, 10:48:23 PM »
There is no libel, truth is an absolute defence.
Prove Gerry lied.  You can’t.  The end.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2019, 10:49:39 PM »
His credibility was always in question in your eyes, but in the eyes of the people who matter his credibility will not be affected by this incredibly nit-picking non-issue.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 10:51:07 PM »
I always had fond thoughts of mine and still gaze with wonder and awe at the new crop of babies making their presence felt in the family.

There is/was a challenge about the best post of the day on here somewhere.

I reckon you have just won today's title.

'new crop of babies'

I like that.  l like that a lot!

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 10:52:20 PM »
How would you prove they never talked about it?

"we were all going to go up to the Nillennium" said Kate. Not one of the other seven mebtioned that imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 10:53:03 PM »
What annoys me to some degree is that Gerry always tries to be the hero in Madeleine's disappearance. 

When has he cried?  Then he wants us to accept that he had some special spiritual moment just prior to her disappearing. I find that so annoying TBH.

I have recently reread Fiona Payne's rogatory statement and nothing could be further from the truth.  Bear in mind this is the man whose emotions were so shattered that he collapsed to the ground in despair ... to be caricatured as a 'praying Arab' by one very insensitive man.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
And we would never have been privy to those thoughts had she not disappeared.   Do you think it odd that parents have fond thoughts about their children as they look at them sleeping?

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself very well.  The point I am attempting to point is when GM looked at MM circa 9ish he thought how beautiful MM looked and by his own admission and with the benefit of hindsight it was rather ironic that this was the last time he viewed MM! 

But was this the last time he viewed MM or was it 8.30 when he left for the tapas bar?  Was he actually going into the apartment, as he claims, or simply walking round the front and listening at the window?  Is all the elaboration about how beautiful MM looked to simply assuage any guilt and/or an attempt to make him look less irresponsible.

How could he see MM when according to KM she could not even determine whether or not MM was in the bed when the light was off?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 10:56:08 PM »

The Portuguese courts have decreed Amaral a criminal liar ... doesn't appear to have dented his street cred in some quarters.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 10:57:02 PM »
"we were all going to go up to the Nillennium" said Kate. Not one of the other seven mebtioned that imo.

Those lies being exposed certainly explains Kate’s flushed state on archiving day.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 10:58:41 PM »
The Portuguese courts have decreed Amaral a criminal liar ... doesn't appear to have dented his street cred in some quarters.

But it has with you...surely Gerry’s credibility should suffer the same fate.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
Fleeting thought, of all going to the Millennium, but it didn't happen.  To me it confirms to me that Silvia did try and get the Tapas 9 to stop leaving the kids alone in the rooms.    Silvia might have read them the riot act and they all thought "let's stop this by going to the Millennium", but the cure would have been worse than the disease.  It was difficult to take the kids to the Millennium.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »
Perhaps I'm not explaining myself very well.  The point I am attempting to point is when GM looked at MM circa 9ish he thought how beautiful MM looked and by his own admission and with the benefit of hindsight it was rather ironic that this was the last time he viewed MM! 

But was this the last time he viewed MM or was it 8.30 when he left for the tapas bar?  Was he actually going into the apartment, as he claims, or simply walking round the front and listening at the window?  Is all the elaboration about how beautiful MM looked to simply assuage any guilt and/or an attempt to make him look less irresponsible.

How could he see MM when according to KM she could not even determine whether or not MM was in the bed when the light was off?

He would hardly pee in the front passageway.  He used the toilet when he was in the apartment.