Author Topic: Why did the search for a missing child turn into a conspiracy?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline John

Why did the search for a missing child turn into a conspiracy?

This case all started out as a search for a missing child so how did it end up with the parents of that child becoming suspects (albeit for a short time) in her disappearance and possible demise?

Who's idea was it to bring in cadaver dogs in the first place to search for human remains?

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Why did the search for a missing child turn into a conspiracy?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:37:16 PM »

This case all started out as a search for a missing child so how did it end up with the parents of that child becoming suspects (albeit for a short time) in her disappearance and possible demise?

Who's idea was it to bring in cadaver dogs in the first place to search for human remains?

According to Gerry it was him.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

debunker

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:05 PM »

Cite?

Offline gilet

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »

On Friday 20th July 2007 the PJ asked the UK police for assistance with further searching for Madeleine.  On Saturday 21st July 2007 the top British expert from the UK was in Portugal determining what was needed and what was possible.  So much for Amaral's claim that the UK police did not cooperate!

The request was directed at this end to Mark Harrison who was the National Adviser responsible for advising UK Police Forces on search techniques and it was him who flew out immediately on receiving the request.

He responded with a number of suggestions including use of an EVRD and CSI dog team and GPR expertise.

It is interesting that there was (I believe only one dog team in the UK (I stand to be corrected if wrong)) which described the dogs as EVRD and CSI. That was Grime.

I find it a little odd that Harrison was able to provide the costs of this team to the PJ but while writing this initial report simply states that he did not know the costs of other VRD dog teams which could be sourced from other places in Europe and the USA as well as the UK. If he got the costs of Grime's team why could he not get the costs of other teams to put in the report? He didn't manage to provide any costs for GPR teams either.

It was Mark Harrison, then of the NPIA (where Lee Rainbow worked, the man who the month before had also conducted a report for the PJ) who introduced the PJ to Grime's dog team, Eddie and Keela.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id293.html

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »

Cite?

I think it might have been.  I think he hoped that they might find Madeleine's body if it was there somewhere, so at least they could know one way or the other.  Or hopefully to go on searching for a live child. 
Perfectly understandable to me.

icabodcrane

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »

On Friday 20th July 2007 the PJ asked the UK police for assistance with further searching for Madeleine.  On Saturday 21st July 2007 the top British expert from the UK was in Portugal determining what was needed and what was possible.  So much for Amaral's claim that the UK police did not cooperate!

The request was directed at this end to Mark Harrison who was the National Adviser responsible for advising UK Police Forces on search techniques and it was him who flew out immediately on receiving the request.

He responded with a number of suggestions including use of an EVRD and CSI dog team and GPR expertise.

It is interesting that there was (I believe only one dog team in the UK (I stand to be corrected if wrong)) which described the dogs as EVRD and CSI. That was Grime.

I find it a little odd that Harrison was able to provide the costs of this team to the PJ but while writing this initial report simply states that he did not know the costs of other VRD dog teams which could be sourced from other places in Europe and the USA as well as the UK. If he got the costs of Grime's team why could he not get the costs of other teams to put in the report? He didn't manage to provide any costs for GPR teams either.

It was Mark Harrison, then of the NPIA (where Lee Rainbow worked, the man who the month before had also conducted a report for the PJ) who introduced the PJ to Grime's dog team, Eddie and Keela.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id293.html

So Lee Rainbow's report was the catalyst then   ?  ...  with Mark Harrison following his advise that a potential homicide involving the parents should be investigated with the same vigour that had,  previously,  been given to the abductor theory

The fact that it was actually the British police who changed the direction of the investigation  ( towards the McCanns )  is not  something that has been widely publisized, is it  ?

debunker

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:16 AM »
It has been widely discussed in the Madeleine forums on both sides.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
It has been widely discussed in the Madeleine forums on both sides.

Perhaps it's new to posters here ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?