Author Topic: René Hasée (6) - The boy who has never been found after 17 years.  (Read 101673 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: René Hasée (6) - The boy who has never been found after 17 years.
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
This doesn't seem to make any sense- in there a translation issue?

If they were walking away from the restaurant which direction were they going? towards the sea in  front of the restaurant or back towards the car park-over the dunes?

What an adorable child, it would kill me to lose my son under any circumstances, but this?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

Re: feet vs metres
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
The thread description says: "René was about 20 feet ahead and suddenly he was gone!"  While the opening post in the thread reports it was 30 metres.

30 metres is equivalent to about 100 feet.

So there's a discrepancy there.  I'll take a guess that 30m (100 ft)  is the true figure, and the reason for the discrepancy is that, in the thread description, 30 metres was incorrectly converted to just 20 ft.

I know there was some dubiety in the distances quoted but there is no way to verify them at the moment.  It sounds strange for a child to be a matter of feet in front and then disappear but it happened to me with my 3-year-old in Majorca.  One second he was by my feet on the beach, then a momentary distraction and he was gone!  Shock Horror!!!

I walked for which must have been a mile up and down between the beach parasols but had to give up and go back to where I had set off from.  A few minutes later two Guardia Civil cops approached with my son in tow.  I got a real mouthful from them in Spanish (didn't understand a word but got the message). My little-un had decided to walk up to the pavillion and was sat on a stool watching people use the one-armed bandits!  How he managed to slip away is still a mystery.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:07:29 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline lane99

Re: feet vs metres
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
Other than in your "reply #1" (and the thread description) I don't find any published report of "20 FEET" on the internet. 

Meanwhile, whether or not that figure is accurate in THIS case, I agree it could be in others.  I had a terrifying experience similar to yours while I was wading along the shore of the ocean with my three year old nephew about 15ft from me.

I turned my head for no more than 5 seconds, and when I looked back, I couldn't see him.  INSTANT PANIC.  Luckily within the next 5 seconds, as I screamed his name and desperately scanned 360 degrees, I found he was actually in the same spot I had seen him just a moment before.  But he had bent at the waist so he was less visible, and also the sun glaring in the water had made it difficult to see.

Lesson learned: NO, it's not okay to look away for even 5 seconds in that kind of situation.

Offline John

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
When you are entrusted with the care of a relatives child and this sort of thing happens the sense of foreboding must be even greater.  A parent usually knows where they stand (pun) but losing a child when in charge as an aunt or uncle must be devastating and an enormous sense of guilt to bear.  There are the exceptions though and Rosdeep Adekoya is proof if any were needed of that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:14:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2020, 12:17:22 AM »
John, you very kindly posted explanatory photos for me on this thread.  Many of them were on page 2, but they have now vanished.

Since the Christian Bruckner case mentioned Rene Hassee, there is renewed interest in this thread.  Please could you repost the missing photos.

Thanks.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
according to a piece in The Telegraph they had eaten at a restaurant then went for a walk on the beach , the child took off his shirt and trousers because he wanted to go into the water and the adults "lost sight of him" , does not sound like an abduction case to me.