Author Topic: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Angelo222

Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?
« on: February 25, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »
With no new incentives in the offing and nothing whatsoever being reported by Scotland Yard it would appear that the Maddie McCann case has at last reached a point where interest is at an all-time low.

Is this the end for the investigation?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

Re: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 03:19:34 PM »

Almost certainly not.  But nothing much is happening at the moment, so Brexit and ISIS Brides are more interesting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »
A fade away into obscurity may be all that's left.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
I think it is exactly as it should be.

The police are investigating a crime and when they have finished doing that we will be told the outcome.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 05:52:33 PM »

The police are investigating a crime and when they have finished doing that we will be told the outcome.

It is indeed as it should be. The constant reporting was rarely based on anything the police said or did. The soources lay elsewhere. Those sources have dried up; mostly since the Portuguese Supreme Court verdict.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 05:55:29 PM »
Not amongst the Lunatic Fringe on Twitter it hasn’t!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:00 PM »
Not amongst the Lunatic Fringe on Twitter it hasn’t!

I was referring to the media reporting.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »
I was referring to the media reporting.
I was referring to the question in the OP.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »
A fade away into obscurity may be all that's left.

That would suit SY nicely...no tricky questions on funding.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath Brietta.  Only the PJ will solve this one and they've lost interest imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 08:08:46 PM »
That would suit SY nicely...no tricky questions on funding.

It's debate on here that's petered out...

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
It's debate on here that's petered out...

That is the problem. Therre never has been a  proper debate on this thread. All snipeing and name calling-pathetic!

There are other places offering a platform for the case to be discussed by educated adults.  15 People who I know used to come to read have stopped. they said the censorship was disgraceful [they also used other words].  lol
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 02:03:54 PM »
That is the problem. Therre never has been a  proper debate on this thread. All snipeing and name calling-pathetic!

There are other places offering a platform for the case to be discussed by educated adults.  15 People who I know used to come to read have stopped. they said the censorship was disgraceful [they also used other words].  lol
Why are you here then?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »
Why are you here then?

None of your business!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 02:11:47 PM »
None of your business!
According to you there is only sniping and name-calling here so one assumes it is at least partly for these you keep returning to this forum.  Anyone intent on having an “educated, serious discussion” about how the parents must be involved has plenty of places to post without having their views challenged  so there is obviously something about this place that you enjoy.