Author Topic: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?  (Read 6194 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »
Jez said he didn't see Jane,  so why would he lie?    Or are you saying it's Jane who is lying and why would she lie?

Gerry couldn’t say he’d seen Tanner because if an eye witness had seen them having their chat and come forward Gerry would have been proven to be a liar.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 10:45:53 AM »
Gerry couldn’t say he’d seen Tanner because if an eye witness had seen them having their chat and come forward Gerry would have been proven to be a liar.
@)(++(*

"It has been said many times here, why would Gerry lie if he knew he was going to be found out later. Robert Durst, who almost certainly murdered his wife, said he had a drink in a neighbours house shortly after dropping his wife off at the train station on the night she disappeared. The neighbour denies he saw Durst that night. Perpetrators lie even when they know they will eventually be found out."

Which is it Faithlilly?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 11:11:26 AM »

Rachael -   Reply 'Erm so Gerry went off erm came back a couple of minutes later, erm and then Jane went off at about ten past nine to check on Ella and Evie, erm and you know, and then you know yes she came back and everything was quiet there as well, and I think by, when Jane came back, we were all sitting down, we had our starters and ate that'.

So Jane went off about 10 past nine to check on Ella and Evie,   just about the time that Gerry was talking to Jez so is Rachael lying too?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
Rachael -   Reply 'Erm so Gerry went off erm came back a couple of minutes later, erm and then Jane went off at about ten past nine to check on Ella and Evie, erm and you know, and then you know yes she came back and everything was quiet there as well, and I think by, when Jane came back, we were all sitting down, we had our starters and ate that'.

So Jane went off about 10 past nine to check on Ella and Evie,   just about the time that Gerry was talking to Jez so is Rachael lying too?
Minor variations are allowed.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »

If I recall correctly Faithlilly believes Gerry and Jez chatted much earlier, say around 9 and that Jez then took around half an hour to get back to his apartment.  What she believes re: Gerry's whereabouts when Jane was actually walking up the road,  I have no idea.  Probably up to no good I bet!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »

According to what you have quoted, Gerry returns before Jane leaves.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 12:31:27 PM »
According to what you have quoted, Gerry returns before Jane leaves.

I read it as Gerry went off and then Jane went off about 10 past 9.

Offline Lace

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
If I recall correctly Faithlilly believes Gerry and Jez chatted much earlier, say around 9 and that Jez then took around half an hour to get back to his apartment.  What she believes re: Gerry's whereabouts when Jane was actually walking up the road,  I have no idea.  Probably up to no good I bet!

Jez met Gerry as he left the apartment after checking on the children,  he stopped to chat,  Jane left the Tapas bar about 10 past 9 according to Rachael,  saw Jez and Gerry chatting,  I really don't see what the problem is,  why would Jane lie or Rachael or Jez?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 01:00:40 PM »
Jez met Gerry as he left the apartment after checking on the children,  he stopped to chat,  Jane left the Tapas bar about 10 past 9 according to Rachael,  saw Jez and Gerry chatting,  I really don't see what the problem is,  why would Jane lie or Rachael or Jez?
It is very convoluted but let me try and explain if I can.  Gerry needs to be seen at the same time as Crecheman so that he can't be mistaken for a man carrying his child away from the apartment.  Sooo, he knows that JT walked up the road and saw a man carrying a child so AFTER the event he conspires with Jane to pretend that she saw the man moments after passing Gerry and Jez on the pavement.  But the problem is, silly Jane says he's on one side of the road, and Gerry thinks "well if anyone saw JT walking up the road, then they won't have seen me as I wasn't there so I'd better pretend to be on the other side of the road, even though there was another eyewitness, Jez who would dispute this.  But it's more important that Jane is believed, however despite this I will throw her under a bus by throwing her testimony in doubt". 
All makes perfect sense doesn't it??!  @)(++(*

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2019, 01:11:49 PM »
It is very convoluted but let me try and explain if I can.  Gerry needs to be seen at the same time as Crecheman so that he can't be mistaken for a man carrying his child away from the apartment.  Sooo, he knows that JT walked up the road and saw a man carrying a child so AFTER the event he conspires with Jane to pretend that she saw the man moments after passing Gerry and Jez on the pavement.  But the problem is, silly Jane says he's on one side of the road, and Gerry thinks "well if anyone saw JT walking up the road, then they won't have seen me as I wasn't there so I'd better pretend to be on the other side of the road, even though there was another eyewitness, Jez who would dispute this.  But it's more important that Jane is believed, however despite this I will throw her under a bus by throwing her testimony in doubt". 
All makes perfect sense doesn't it??!  @)(++(*

Amaral was of the opinion that Tanner turned left into the alleyway and that was why Gerry and Jez never saw her.  He also opinioned that if she did see a man carrying a child she did so from her balcony.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:15:37 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2019, 01:35:55 PM »
Amaral was of the opinion that Tanner turned left into the alleyway and that was why Gerry and Jez never saw her.  He also opinioned that if she did see a man carrying a child she did so from her balcony.
So he thinks JT made up the her version of events, to what end?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »

Someone is.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
I read it as Gerry went off and then Jane went off about 10 past 9.

Jassi is correct.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline jassi

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »
Jassi is correct.

Further more, Rachael being a lawyer, I would expect her to express herself in a clear and  precise manner.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future