Author Topic: Blonde haired girl taken into care from a Roma couple in Dublin.  (Read 19420 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Blonde haired girl taken into care from a Roma couple in Dublin.
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »
I'm sure they do, just as there are people from every country who have unpleasant attitudes towards others.   The point was that davel equated Roma and Romanians and I said that they are not the same thing.

I was aware that the Roma originated in India but as many roma have settled in Romania the line has become a little blurred which must be irritating for the Romanians. I have a very pleasant and intelligent Romanian colleague(female) so I can imagine that your daughter in law is a very nice person..no offence intended

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
there is a section on this forum - Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults

CPN

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
I was aware that the Roma originated in India but as many roma have settled in Romania the line has become a little blurred which must be irritating for the Romanians. I have a very pleasant and intelligent Romanian colleague(female) so I can imagine that your daughter in law is a very nice person..no offence intended

I just feel, as I said, that Roma and Romania have got blurred because of the name - there are indeed Roma in Romania (3.2% of the population) but more in other European countries - eg  4.7% of the population in Bulgaria. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_(Romani_subgroup) is informative.

I simply wanted to correct the confusion of the names of Roma and Romania.  Incidentally many people assume that Romanian is an Eastern European / Slavic language - it is not; it is a Romance language

There are so many negative things said about Romania that I immediately come to the defence of the people and the country, as all those I have met have been charming and friendly and I have enjoyed two very interesting visits there.  My daughter-in-law is indeed very nice, very bright and she and my son are credits to their countries!

Now lets return to the subject here  8(0(*

Offline Luz

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2013, 02:18:39 AM »
Gardai also consulted experts to establish if it was physically possible for a Roma couple to give birth to a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

How stupid are they? Did they not do biology at school!
Of course it is....it depends on the genetic mix of  colour inherited and which one comes out more dominant
I imagine this will set up panic in that community now for those with the "wrong colour eyes" and  who dont have their papers in order for their legit children

Poor ignorant dudes.
...or rather, poor populations that have those xxx as authorities.