Author Topic: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?  (Read 7709 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
Actually it was a gut feeling about who had taken Madeleine. The evidence of parental innocence came later, especially after the "blood on the steps (that never was)" report emanating from Portugal around arguido time.

Didn't you have to believe in an abduction first before wondering who did it?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »
Of course Misty.

I think age has a lot to do with your opinion on the McCanns guilt or innocence. Supporters tend to be older and were brought up in an age when doctors weren’t questioned. The younger generation are much less rigid in their opinions having been brought up in an age where doctors aren’t only questioned by regularly see the inside of a court for malpractice.

Questioning innocence is not the same as questioning a doctor's professional judgement. My age has nothing to do with it, other than granting me the wisdom the younger generation do not yet have.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »

Questioning innocence is not the same as questioning a doctor's professional judgement. My age has nothing to do with it, other than granting me the wisdom the younger generation do not yet have.

Very true Misty.
In many cultures the wisdom of the elderly in a community is respected.
Sadly in our culture it is not evidenced by some.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
Of course Misty.

I think age has a lot to do with your opinion on the McCanns guilt or innocence. Supporters tend to be older and were brought up in an age when doctors weren’t questioned. The younger generation are much less rigid in their opinions having been brought up in an age where doctors aren’t only questioned by regularly see the inside of a court for malpractice.

I think you ar quite wrong in your assumption...as a supporter I have repeatedly said it is raesonable to question all professionals...including Grime ...but have bben told by mods that a layman has no grounds to question a professional.

Offline misty

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »
Didn't you have to believe in an abduction first before wondering who did it?

All the circumstances reported at the time indicated abduction. As Madeleine was not located within 3 days, that merely reinforced my suspicions.

Offline misty

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »
Very true Misty.
In many cultures the wisdom of the elderly in a community is respected.
Sadly in our culture it is not evidenced by some.
I almost feel that Faithlilly is guilty of discrimination when passing judgement on supporters.
Ageism rears its head when GPs exclude patients from their practice on the grounds they are too old & more likely to need costly treatment. Isn't that a reason why we over 50's should be more inclined away from supporting the McCanns?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
I almost feel that Faithlilly is guilty of discrimination when passing judgement on supporters.
Ageism rears its head when GPs exclude patients from their practice on the grounds they are too old & more likely to need costly treatment. Isn't that a reason why we over 50's should be more inclined away from supporting the McCanns?
Faithlilly seems to have a problem with the old.  How old is she?  20? 30?  40?  What is old anyway?  50? 60? 70?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »
Faithlilly seems to have a problem with the old.  How old is she?  20? 30?  40?  What is old anyway?  50? 60? 70?

I will admit to being in my very early seventies..........
I certainly was brought up by parents who did not have this subservient attitude to doctors or other professionals.
Why Faithlilly assumes that the older generation have this "cap in  hand" attitude to doctors is quite amusing.
However her ageist language is less amusing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »
I will admit to being in my very early seventies..........
I certainly was brought up by parents who did not have this subservient attitude to doctors or other professionals.
Why Faithlilly assumes that the older generation have this "cap in  hand" attitude to doctors is quite amusing.
However her ageist language is less amusing.
Then when you were young you were part of the counter-culture generation, when everything got turned on its head in the 60s, and respect for authority was no longer an automatic given like it was in the generations before.  "Power to the People!"
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »
No arguments or opinion about who is the more stupid.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »
Then when you were young you were part of the counter-culture generation, when everything got turned on its head in the 60s, and respect for authority was no longer an automatic given like it was in the generations before.  "Power to the People!"

Yes part of that generation.
However I was fortunate to have parents who encouraged us to question authority, albeit my father was in a profession where respect was encouraged.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
I think you ar quite wrong in your assumption...as a supporter I have repeatedly said it is raesonable to question all professionals...including Grime ...but have bben told by mods that a layman has no grounds to question a professional.

It’s not questioning a professional that is wrong, it is questioning a professional opinion. If you disagree with a doctor’s opinion, you get a second opinion, from another doctor.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
It’s not questioning a professional that is wrong, it is questioning a professional opinion. If you disagree with a doctor’s opinion, you get a second opinion, from another doctor.

Precisely what I believe the Portuguese authorities did when they sacked Amaral and replaced him with Rebelo.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »
Precisely what I believe the Portuguese authorities did when they sacked Amaral and replaced him with Rebelo.

Which is relevant in what way?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
All the circumstances reported at the time indicated abduction. As Madeleine was not located within 3 days, that merely reinforced my suspicions.

When the police statements were released didn't you question anything that the McCanns had said or done during those early times?  I am thinking of the early statement by Gerry changing their entry to 5a from through a locked front door (with a key) to an unlocked sliding door at the rear as an example.  These statements were only around 6 days apart.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!