Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509994 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3270 on: May 22, 2019, 06:18:59 PM »
I disagree...they well have noted the error....i would think they cannot start altering files....the files were released.....faults and all
That is what I'm trying to get across is that these faults should have been picked up earlier.

It is a bit like here, should we accept spelling errors?  The management seem to say "no, spelling errors are OK"  but the truth is that no one can trust the results of a search on the forum site as topics have become impossible to search accurately due to all the spelling errors.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:23:02 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3271 on: May 22, 2019, 06:22:47 PM »
That is what I'm trying to get across is that these faults should have been picked up earlier.

they should have...but who knows when they were picked up

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3272 on: May 22, 2019, 06:24:16 PM »
I disagree...they well have noted the error....i would think they cannot start altering files....the files were released.....faults and all

8(8-))
But there are some who view these files much as some fundamentalists view the Old Testament.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3273 on: May 22, 2019, 06:24:53 PM »
they should have...but who knows when they were picked up
I contend they were never picked up by the PJ while the case was active.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3274 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
I contend they were never picked up by the PJ while the case was active.

agreed

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3275 on: May 22, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
agreed
OK so I contend that the PJ were not looking at DP as a suspect.  The file regarding him wasn't getting the fine tooth comb treatment.   
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #3276 on: May 22, 2019, 07:17:30 PM »
It's a fact that David Payne was at the Paraiso at 17:47 and he left at 18L14. It's also a fact that Marshall, after 'carefully' reading his questionnaire, said he claimed to have seen Madeleine, Gerry and Kate in 5A at 17:00.

But we don't know what Marshall was reading as it's not in the files.

My best guess is that he was reading a google translation of something that wasn't correct. A clue is "the husband arrived".

Offline The General

« Reply #3277 on: May 22, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »

My best guess is that he was reading a google translation of something that wasn't correct. A clue is "the husband arrived".
Fairly sure Google Translate would routinely spit out Klingon insults in 2007 as it was in it's infancy.
You wouldn't be able to translate conversation French at that point, never mind a Portuguese witness statement.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3278 on: May 22, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

Marshall was reading a questionnaire written and answered in what I assume was his native language; English.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3279 on: May 22, 2019, 08:08:24 PM »
UK police chief hits back at Portuguese detective’s claims
8 November 2009 | Posted by astro
The head of Leicestershire Police has rejected claims from a former Portuguese detective that his officers withheld a witness statement from the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Chris Eyre, the Temporary Chief Constable, said “I can assure you that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on.”

Goncalo Amaral, the Algarve detective who was removed the inquiry early on, made his claim in a book, which is now banned.

Mr Eyre responded after Freedom of Information requests were submitted by the Sunday Express.

A team of Leicestershire family officers went to Portugal on 5 May 2007 to support the McCanns.

It has also emerged that the Foreign Office has withheld details about the investigation so as not to damage relations between Britain and Portugal.

An individual submitted Freedom of Information requests to get details of negotiations by John Buck, Britain’s former ambassador to Portugal.

The then Information Commissioner Richard Thomas refused in case it caused Portugal to lose trust in Britain’s discretion.

in: Sunday Express, 08.11.2009, paper edition only

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6847.msg292202#msg292202

Bungling police had the details of the “main suspect” in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for SIX YEARS without realising.

The innocent dad came forward in 2007 to say he was the person seen carrying a child in Portugal at the time the three-year-old vanished.

The unnamed dad – spotted in the Praia da Luz resort by McCann family friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm – was among a number of British witnesses who completed questionnaires for Leicestershire police six years ago.

He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

But his ‘alibi’ was only looked at this year.

Following Madeleine’s disappearance, Leicestershire police were responsible for collating all UK-based inquiries at the request of the Portuguese authorities.

Leicestershire Police yesterday refused to comment on the latest revelations.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027

DCI Redwood said in October: “Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine’s abductor.

“It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.”
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3280 on: May 22, 2019, 08:18:30 PM »
Bungling police had the details of the “main suspect” in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for SIX YEARS without realising.

The innocent dad came forward in 2007 to say he was the person seen carrying a child in Portugal at the time the three-year-old vanished.

The unnamed dad – spotted in the Praia da Luz resort by McCann family friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm – was among a number of British witnesses who completed questionnaires for Leicestershire police six years ago.

He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

But his ‘alibi’ was only looked at this year.

Following Madeleine’s disappearance, Leicestershire police were responsible for collating all UK-based inquiries at the request of the Portuguese authorities.

Leicestershire Police yesterday refused to comment on the latest revelations.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027

DCI Redwood said in October: “Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine’s abductor.

“It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.”
Are you making a comment or just cut and pasting?
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3281 on: May 22, 2019, 08:24:06 PM »
The link is there. Click on it and you will know.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3282 on: May 22, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »
The link is there. Click on it and you will know.
Answer my question please.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3283 on: May 22, 2019, 10:34:20 PM »
just cut and pasting. 
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3284 on: May 22, 2019, 11:32:04 PM »
Yes I cut the irrelevant bits out. What's the problem? It's all from the link and you should click on it to find out. Nothing is being hidden.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:34:31 PM by pathfinder73 »