Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509957 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3735 on: May 29, 2019, 07:14:54 PM »
What I do not understand is this utter belief in all that is in the files?

Would you rather have utter faith in things not in the files - like Kate's book, for example ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3736 on: May 29, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »
Not sure why it would be. This is a discussion forum.

Yes I know that.
I asked you a question as part of a discussion.
I don't see a problem with that.
Can you explain what you mean.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3737 on: May 29, 2019, 07:15:41 PM »
Would you rather have utter faith in things not in the files - like Kate's book, for example ?

No.
However her book is written mostly about her experience of the effect of Madeleine's disappearance.
The files are used by  some sceptics as a Bible of their beliefs.

Sceptics believe that the files would supply evidence in any future court case.
I don't imagine Kate's book would be used.
The files as in all police files must contain both accurate and inaccurate statements.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:24:42 PM by Erngath »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3738 on: May 29, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
How would you be in a position to know everything about paedophile gangs in Portugal?

How would Gerry McCann?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3739 on: May 29, 2019, 08:24:19 PM »
He clearly heard Gerry during the search. He also clearly heard when the commotion began between 10 and 11, well before the search began. It's really simple!
You are clearly avoiding the obvious contradictions in the times he said these events occurred.  Funny you aren’t so forgiving when it’s David Payne!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3740 on: May 29, 2019, 08:27:28 PM »
Then prove someone told him please? No one seems to have passed this critical knowledge on to the police or even any of the other tapas. There was ample time for them to do so. Did you forget that?

Gerry looks as if he was caught on the phone trying to plant the seeds of a story in our minds.

You believe whatever you like.. it would just be nice to see some evidence for what you claim to believe once in a while. Wild guesses don't cut the mustard with me I'm afraid.

Was Gerry doing a nationwide broadcast when he was overheard on the phone?  I don’t see how he was planting seeds in our minds otherwise.  There is no definitive proof he said it, there’s no definitive proof he wasn’t given the idea after Madeleine went missing, there’s certainly no proof that Gerry left the apartment unlocked believing that doing so put his kids in danger from being abducted by a predatory paedo.  Do you really think he is that evil?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:33:40 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3741 on: May 29, 2019, 08:31:12 PM »
As far as I know there were no known paedophile gangs in Portugal, so Gerry McCann wasn't telling the truth if he said there were.
What do you know about the existence or absence of paedo gangs in Portugal in 2007?  Is this an area of expertise of yours?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3742 on: May 29, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
Yes I know that.
I asked you a question as part of a discussion.
I don't see a problem with that.
Can you explain what you mean.

Why would Gerry’s Paedo Gang conversation be used as evidence, first hand or second hand etc.?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3743 on: May 29, 2019, 08:32:39 PM »
How would Gerry McCann?
He may have been told.  It may have been hearsay.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3744 on: May 29, 2019, 08:33:00 PM »
I suspect that any defence solicitor for Jimmy the nasty old abductor would have a whole series of questions for the McCanns and their friends based on what they signed to as the truth at the time. Could you as a juror convict anyone of a crime without a confession, if those witnesses refused to testify? Those allegedly truthful statements that they signed for are in the police files, not any bible.

As in all police files there will be accurate and inaccurate statements .
Fortunately police files and alleged evidence have to be assessed before any charges are made.
I doubt much that is in the files you are so fond of quoting would pass muster.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3745 on: May 29, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
Why would Gerry’s Paedo Gang conversation be used as evidence, first hand or second hand etc.?

I've no idea but Cheeky Monkey thinks it is very important!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3746 on: May 29, 2019, 08:36:13 PM »
I'm not avoiding any contradiction. There is no contradiction there.

"It was later that evening around 10 ' 11 that I heard a commotion on the complex, (he hears commotion) I decided to go out and see what was going on. I walked round a saw a group of people gathered. John Hill the resort manager was there with some of the Mark Warner staff. I heard that a little girl called Maddie was missing, at that point I did not realise which child it was. John Hill was organising a search of the complex as it was thought that she had wandered off at that point in time. I let (my wife) know what was going on and went to join the search. I went to search the area around the back of our apartment where there is a little garden with a big palm tree in the middle. I was looking in the shrubbery and the little gardens to the apartments.

I worked my way around the area, eventually coming around the back of the tennis courts and up towards what I now know to be the McCanns apartment a couple of hours later. (Now he hears Gerry) I was looking in the little gardens on the poolside of that block, I was in the end garden when I heard a male voice, he sounded distraught his voice cracking with emotion. I looked to see who know to be Gerry McCann stood above me on the balcony/patio about 3 metres away speaking on a mobile phone. I cannot recall his exact words but I got the impression that he was speaking to perhaps a family member or someone he was very close to due to the nature of his conversation.

He said something along the lines of there being Paedophile gangs in Portugal and that they had abducted Madeleine. I was so shocked by this, having originally thought that she had just wandered off."

The only obvious contradiction that I can see, is in your own mind.

What’s this then?
Caller name: Graham McKenzie

Mr McKenzie states that:

On e hour into the search by holiday makers of the hotel and surrounding areas, about 23.00 hrs, Mr McKenzie approached the McCann's apartment from the bushes at the rear of the apartment.

He was searching the gardens. He did not know it was the McCann's apartment.

He saw Mr Gerry McCann standing alone in the doorway at the rear of the apartment talking on his mobile telephone.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3747 on: May 29, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
In the same statement it states:

Mr McKenzie cannot remember what Mr McCann was wearing at the time. Mr McKenzie is willing to give a witness statement and be contacted by police on his home telephone number above.

Here's his statement:
""It was later that evening around 10 ' 11 that I heard a commotion on the complex, (he hears commotion) I decided to go out and see what was going on. I walked round a saw a group of people gathered. John Hill the resort manager was there with some of the Mark Warner staff. I heard that a little girl called Maddie was missing, at that point I did not realise which child it was. John Hill was organising a search of the complex as it was thought that she had wandered off at that point in time. I let (my wife) know what was going on and went to join the search. I went to search the area around the back of our apartment where there is a little garden with a big palm tree in the middle. I was looking in the shrubbery and the little gardens to the apartments.

I worked my way around the area, eventually coming around the back of the tennis courts and up towards what I now know to be the McCanns apartment a couple of hours later. (Now he hears Gerry) I was looking in the little gardens on the poolside of that block, I was in the end garden when I heard a male voice, he sounded distraught his voice cracking with emotion. I looked to see who know to be Gerry McCann stood above me on the balcony/patio about 3 metres away speaking on a mobile phone. I cannot recall his exact words but I got the impression that he was speaking to perhaps a family member or someone he was very close to due to the nature of his conversation.

He said something along the lines of there being Paedophile gangs in Portugal and that they had abducted Madeleine. I was so shocked by this, having originally thought that she had just wandered off."

The only contradiction in Mr Mackenzie's statement is in your mind.
Will you kindly stop saying that, I find it very insulting.  I have just proved that Mackenzie contradicted himself.  You can’t accept it, that’s your problem, not mine. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3748 on: May 29, 2019, 08:59:20 PM »
Why Portugal is a haven for paedophiles - the disturbing backcloth to the Madeleine case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488654/Why-Portugal-haven-paedophiles--disturbing-backcloth-Madeleine-case.html
British paedophile 'with links to Portugal' suspected of abducting Madeleine
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/british-paedophile-with-links-to-portugal-suspected-of-abducting-madeleine-6632553.html
Madeleine McCann 'was snatched by paedophile ring to order'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2512536/Madeleine-McCann-was-snatched-by-paedophile-ring-to-order.html
Informant claimed Madeleine was stolen to order
https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-mccann/informant-claimed-madeleine-was-stolen-to-order-idUKZWE16124520080814

Seeds takes a little time to sprout, and there's just a little evidence that sprout they did.
All down to Gerry McCann, the media would never have thought of it otherwise I suppose?   *%87

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3749 on: May 29, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Well he was certainly first off the mark about there being Paedophile gangs in Portugal and that they had abducted Madeleine, sure he was? And it certainly grew legs, sure it did? And according to Owen Jones, they were bunging Bell Pottinger £500,000 to be kept on the front pages for a year. Paedophile stories and all.

Just another example of our Gerry's remarkable insight throughout the entire affair. From day one, he was geared right up, for the long term.
You may not be aware of this but the Casa Pia scandal (involving a gang of paedos) was a hot topic of discussion and interest at the time in Portugal.

“As a result, the scandal and the Lisbon trial inundated public life with sordid child abuse stories, leading to a media circus from 2003 to 2005”