Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 204069 times)

jixy

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #1290 on: February 28, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »

I ask myself the same question!

While it seems strange as you focus on his case, there are many many murders where once convicted we never hear another word

Its only as we piece the case together in our own minds we think there should be more

jixy

« Reply #1291 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »
quote from Leonora  So you have experience that some serial killers carry on as if nothing had happened do you? The mind boggles at the dangerous life you must have been leading.

Mrswah my comment was in relation to the above. Reading something, which is all we have to go on doesn't indicate anyone leading a dangerous life lol Just to clarify what I meant  8)-)))

Offline PaultheRed

« Reply #1292 on: February 28, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
The Oscar goes to Vincent Tabak ..... oh no wait he is a murderer and spoke perfect unbroken English he understood everything except maybe legal and medical terms but there is no proof he didn't understand them , There is no proof that he isn't as guilty as he pleaded , the is no proof he was forced to give sch a plea, there is proof he is the only suspect and is and was guilty of the murder of Joanna Yates anything else other than that fact is conjecture , hearsay, personal opinion & pure speculation

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:18:04 PM by John »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #1293 on: February 28, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
quote from Leonora  So you have experience that some serial killers carry on as if nothing had happened do you? The mind boggles at the dangerous life you must have been leading.

Mrswah my comment was in relation to the above. Reading something, which is all we have to go on doesn't indicate anyone leading a dangerous life lol Just to clarify what I meant  8)-)))

Oh, did I misunderstand----LOL !!!

It wouldn't be the first time!

Offline [...]

« Reply #1294 on: February 28, 2017, 02:56:16 PM »
While it seems strange as you focus on his case, there are many many murders where once convicted we never hear another word

Its only as we piece the case together in our own minds we think there should be more

No.... it's only when you here the Defence Call the defendant, that you think.....

What's going on here then!!!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #1295 on: February 28, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
I suppose most of us  only focus on the high profile murder cases, because they are the ones that are reported in the media. Unless one is a lawyer, or in the police, one doesn't hear about the others!

Offline John

« Reply #1296 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »
I suppose most of us  only focus on the high profile murder cases, because they are the ones that are reported in the media. Unless one is a lawyer, or in the police, one doesn't hear about the others!

Since Vincent Tabak is not appealing his conviction there isn't much media interest in the case any more.  Done and dusted as far as most are concerned.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:36:32 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline PaultheRed

« Reply #1297 on: February 28, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
Since Vincent Tabak is not appealing his conviction there isn't much media interest in the case any more.  Done and dusted as far as most are concerned.

Totally agree this thread has gone round and round in circles , going over and over the same old ground with no new answers or leads surely it is coming to a time when this thread has run its time and needs put to bed once and for all and shut down for good ..

Offline [...]

« Reply #1298 on: March 01, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »
Just looking around and I found this from:... I won't say at the moment but it was on social media ... I have always said the earlier statements people have made tend to be a little more acurate:..

20 December 2010 ·
All,
Most of you on my friends list will not know Jo Yeates but some of you do. Jo has been missing and the last time she was seen was on Friday night; she made it home but was not there when Greg(her boyfriend) returned home from a weekend away late last night. Her belongings however were there including her house key, mobile phone and purse.
Although there is little we can do apart from help the police we c

What time was Greg supposed to have returned home... ???  What time is late????

Now this person and Greg are Friends on this social media...

One thing of note.. this person says house 'KEY'...... I did notice two locks on Joanna Yeates door, one being yale the other being a dead lock... Also remember the photo I posted of the door and said that the Yale latch catchment was a different colour to the brass yale lock....

When was that changed????

So which lock did they use???  If it's the dead lock, then how could Dr Vincent Tabak lock the door and leave the key in the flat???

The pic below was at the bottom of the post...

EDIT:.... This person talks like maybe they got the info from the police.... but then i realised it was more of a personal message... which begs the question, why didn't this person say that Jo had bought them a drink on the Friday????

Double EDIT:..... Another question.... How would this person know that Joanna Yeates made it home on Friday 17th December 2010??? So early on in the disappearance???????

Again.... another thought..... Did she only use the Deadlock??? I say this because if she was afraid to be home on her own the deadlock would be better... But not only that.... this would lend weight as to why they thought it was CJ... having the keys to all the flats!!!!

Offline Leonora

« Reply #1299 on: March 01, 2017, 10:27:12 AM »
Just looking around and I found this from:... I won't say at the moment but it was on social media ... I have always said the earlier statements people have made tend to be a little more acurate:..

What time was Greg supposed to have returned home... ???  What time is late????

Now this person and Greg are Friends on this social media...

One thing of note.. this person says house 'KEY'...... I did notice two locks on Joanna Yeates door, one being yale the other being a dead lock... Also remember the photo I posted of the door and said that the Yale latch catchment was a different colour to the brass yale lock....

When was that changed????

So which lock did they use???  If it's the dead lock, then how could Dr Vincent Tabak lock the door and leave the key in the flat???

The pic below was at the bottom of the post...

EDIT:.... This person talks like maybe they got the info from the police.... but then i realised it was more of a personal message... which begs the question, why didn't this person say that Jo had bought them a drink on the Friday????

Double EDIT:..... Another question.... How would this person know that Joanna Yeates made it home on Friday 17th December 2010??? So early on in the disappearance???????

Again.... another thought..... Did she only use the Deadlock??? I say this because if she was afraid to be home on her own the deadlock would be better... But not only that.... this would lend weight as to why they thought it was CJ... having the keys to all the flats!!!!
Greg Reardon told the court that he got back to the flat about 8 p.m. on the Sunday evening. He told the court that he and Joanna normally double-locked the front door, but that he thought that he had needed to unlock only the Yale lock to get in when he returned.

Unless I am mistaken, the usual kind of Yale lock allows the door to be slammed shut without the use of a key. Once that has been done, it can be opened from the outside only by someone with a key. Reardon's testimony implies that this is what had the intruder had done. The discrepancy in the colours of the two lock components could be accounted for if the Yale lock itself had been replaced by a more modern one while the old component on the door jamb was retained.

Let us be clear what the jury found, and what it did not find. The jury found that Vincent Tabak murdered Joanna and dumped her body. However, it did NOT find that the killing took place in the flat itself. If Reardon is a credible witness, then there was a struggle inside the flat. However, the total absence of forensic evidence from the flat itself means that the jury would have to conclude that the killing took place somewhere else.

Everyone is agreed that Vincent Tabak was a liar, so there are no grounds for believing some parts of his testimony while dismissing others. His testimony is the only basis for believing that the killing took place in the flat. The court did not determine where the killing actually took place. We do not know if it were Vincent Tabak who pulled the door shut, leaving the key inside, or Joanna herself, or a third party.

As soon as she was reported missing, the police repeatedly told the public that Joanna got home to her flat on Friday 17th December evening. There is no reason for us to believe she didn't.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #1300 on: March 01, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »
Greg Reardon told the court that he got back to the flat about 8 p.m. on the Sunday evening. He told the court that he and Joanna normally double-locked the front door, but that he thought that he had needed to unlock only the Yale lock to get in when he returned.

Unless I am mistaken, the usual kind of Yale lock allows the door to be slammed shut without the use of a key. Once that has been done, it can be opened from the outside only by someone with a key. Reardon's testimony implies that this is what had the intruder had done. The discrepancy in the colours of the two lock components could be accounted for if the Yale lock itself had been replaced by a more modern one while the old component on the door jamb was retained.

Let us be clear what the jury found, and what it did not find. The jury found that Vincent Tabak murdered Joanna and dumped her body. However, it did NOT find that the killing took place in the flat itself. If Reardon is a credible witness, then there was a struggle inside the flat. However, the total absence of forensic evidence from the flat itself means that the jury would have to conclude that the killing took place somewhere else.

Everyone is agreed that Vincent Tabak was a liar, so there are no grounds for believing some parts of his testimony while dismissing others. His testimony is the only basis for believing that the killing took place in the flat. The court did not determine where the killing actually took place. We do not know if it were Vincent Tabak who pulled the door shut, leaving the key inside, or Joanna herself, or a third party.

As soon as she was reported missing, the police repeatedly told the public that Joanna got home to her flat on Friday 17th December evening. There is no reason for us to believe she didn't.

So, if Joanna did get back to her flat, but she wasn't killed there, she must have gone out again-----either willingly or unwillingly. Is this what you are implying, Leonora?

Offline [...]

« Reply #1301 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
A famous reporter posted this on twitter on the 24th December 2010:

Date and time of tweet: 4:32 AM - 24 Dec 2010

New info we have received today is that a neighbour has reported hearing a disturbance around midnight of the friday #helpfindjo

Leonora... does this lend anything to the 2nd witness statement or is this another neighbour?????

Offline Leonora

« Reply #1302 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
A famous reporter posted this on twitter on the 24th December 2010:

Date and time of tweet: 4:32 AM - 24 Dec 2010

Leonora... does this lend anything to the 2nd witness statement or is this another neighbour?????
That is anybody's guess. It is quite new to me. It doesn't sound as if it had anything at all to do with the landlord's 2nd witness statement, which, as I have repeatedly pointed out, remains top secret, despite his having become the subject of a Netflix release.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #1303 on: March 01, 2017, 12:20:19 PM »

So, if Joanna did get back to her flat, but she wasn't killed there, she must have gone out again-----either willingly or unwillingly. Is this what you are implying, Leonora?
That is what at least some members of the jury would have worked out.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #1304 on: March 04, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »
A TV documentary in the "Judge Rinder" series, broadcast as recently as last summer, is only the latest of a long succession of examples of continuing media interest in the case itself. Although "The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies" was made for British ITN over two years ago, this sympathetic, high-quality, but sometimes seriously inaccurate drama-documentary achieved worldwide release on Netflix only last year. So I your claim of dwindling media interest is not correct.