Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365402 times)

Lyall

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1230 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:13 PM »
But why does he do it  ?

In what way can leaking information to the press about the on-going police investigation possibily be in Madeleine's interests  ?

It keeps himself in the news? That might be one motive.

But I think the police themselves possibly want to be seen to be doing something, to justify the money they've spent.

Maybe we shouldn't blame CM for everything >@@(*&)

Doubtless the likes of Kandohla and Jerry Lawton are regularly hassling him for news, and they'll have other sources too. He probably has to speak to them.

Lyall

« Reply #1231 on: January 12, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »
No-one close to the McCanns would give a newspaper reporter the the time of day

They certainly would have in the days before and after Crimewatch, Benice.

And every other major media/pr moment - like the Hacked Off campaign, Missing People events (Everton etc.), marathons, Lorraine Kelly interviews, visits to Lisbon etc.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:15:02 PM by Lyall »

Lyall

« Reply #1232 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
That's just a quick list btw 8(0(*

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1233 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
But Clarence Mitchell is not trying to help find Madeleine. He is there to spin media stories, confuse, obfuscate and fill newspapers with nonsense, in my opinion of course. As Gerry himself said at one stage it's good that no-one know what's true and what isn't.

Indeed I suppose it would be if you had a certain agenda.

Estuarine

« Reply #1234 on: January 12, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »
(3) £70K PA
Just raising dust. After Mr Redwood blew Tannerman out of the water (only six years after PJ decided it wasn't reliable) the kingpin was gorn.  Oh s**t the whole lot's back in the melting pot better find another likely "paedo perp" pdq. The bit I find amazing is that we are expected to believe that PdL was stuffed to the gunwales with suitable ne'er do wells. Where there ever any bona fide holidaymakers there?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1235 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
Just raising dust. After Mr Redwood blew Tannerman out of the water (only six years after PJ decided it wasn't reliable) the kingpin was gorn.  Oh s**t the whole lot's back in the melting pot better find another likely "paedo perp" pdq. The bit I find amazing is that we are expected to believe that PdL was stuffed to the gunwales with suitable ne'er do wells. Where there ever any bona fide holidaymakers there?

Nope, just nonce's, burglars & smack addicted tractor drivers.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #1236 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »
Is it possible,  do you think,  that Clarence Mitchell gives  'official'  quotes in his own name,  then adds 'unofficial'  and unattributable  quotes as  a source close to    ? 

In reality is it  ALL  coming from him  ?

He is the McCanns spokesperson so we know where it comes from.  Any spokesperson who doesn't tow-the-line wouldn't be in that particular job too long.  I would think he has to clear everything with his employers before saying anything to the Press.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:31:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #1237 on: January 12, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
He is the McCanns spokesperson so we know where it comes from.

I suppose you're right,  and anything Clarence Mitchell  leaks to the press would be run past his employers  (  the McCanns  ) first

So when he briefed the press about the imminent arrest of a gang of three burglars he will have done so with the McCanns' approval   .... is that what you think John  ? 

I think I agree 

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1238 on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
Isn't it great that we have so much integrity within our UK establishment? Makes you feel proud to be British, eh??

Offline John

« Reply #1239 on: January 12, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Being spotty? >@@(*&)

Not looking like tourists?

Walking without due care and attention, wearing loud shirts in a built up area, whistling infectious songs ...

Some other possibilities 8)--))

There is nothing whatsoever to connect any third party to a crime relating to Madeleine so even if someone was suspected of involvement, short of a full confession or the discovery of remains, I fear there is nothing on which to build a case. 

You could always resort to torture.   8)-)))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:35:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #1240 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »
(3) £70K PA

Nearly as much as an MP but if he is successful in gaining the Brighton Pavilion seat for Cameron and the Tories next time round he could be on £74,000 in 2015.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:13:13 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #1241 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »
Nope, just nonce's, burglars & smack addicted tractor drivers.

I'm surprised anyone goes near Praia da Luz any more given the bad Press unless of course you are one of the aforementioned persons looking for another Madeleine.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1242 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:37 PM »
There is nothing whatsoever to connect any third party to a crime relating to Madeleine so even if someone was suspected of involvement, short of a full confession or the discovery of remains, I fear there is nothing on which to build a case. 

You could always resort to torture.   8)-)))

I very much doubt that there will ever be a confession from anyone, even if remains of Madeleine are found
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #1243 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »
It looks like they are all jumping on the band wagon now which is more or less to be expected.  Remember that this is activity after the disappearance when many local people were out searching and mobile phone activity was at its highest.  Are we now going to see every petty thief with a criminal record who went out to search for Madeleine that night targeted just as others have been?

Why on earth would a credible police force alert potential suspects of their imminent arrest and especially so when two of them are reported to not even live in Portugal?

There is a serious amount of disinformation being put about at the minute, could it be just coincidence that the libel trial is coming to an end?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:50:50 AM by John »

Lyall

« Reply #1244 on: January 12, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »
Jim Royle has something to say about that 8)-)))