Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365404 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1560 on: January 30, 2014, 04:14:15 PM »

Thank you, John.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1561 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »
The article in the Correio da Manhã today is indeed libellous towards one of the tapas-9 and in very bad taste.  As such all references to the subject of this allegation have been removed.

The Gasper statements have been discussed at length elsewhere on the forum.

However "humorous" that was deemed to be in Portuguese circles, I find that you did the right thing and deleted it.

Redblossom

« Reply #1562 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548690/British-McCann-detectives-ask-warrants-search-homes-three-Portuguese-burglary-suspects-inspect-bank-details.html

Daily Mail is first British paper reporting on the 'burglars' being ex Ocean Club workers and the SY requesting searches of their houses and bank accounts for the time Madeleine went missing..

They are quoting today's Correio da Manha..

Strangely, there is only one comment to this article  @)(++(*

Only 1 allowed through so far, bet there are plenty waiting in the moderated wings, sying something, like, not again! A whole month of reporting this over inflated nonsense.

Lyall

« Reply #1563 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
Only 1 allowed through so far, bet there are plenty waiting in the moderated wings, sying something, like, not again! A whole month of reporting this over inflated nonsense.

From the Mail article:

The McCanns' lawyer in Portugal, Rogerio Alves, said he was aware Scotland Yard wanted to question three suspects but played down reports arrests were imminent, describing the idea as 'improbable.'

>@@(*&)

I bet he doesn't get a headline.

Redblossom

« Reply #1564 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:48 PM »
From the Mail article:

The McCanns' lawyer in Portugal, Rogerio Alves, said he was aware Scotland Yard wanted to question three suspects but played down reports arrests were imminent, describing the idea as 'improbable.'

>@@(*&)

@)(++(*

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1565 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »
From the Mail article:

>@@(*&)

But he hasn't said anything Libellous, has he.

All I am aware of is that The PJ has to look into this.  Not difficult since they obviously have the names.

Lyall

« Reply #1566 on: January 30, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
But he hasn't said anything Libellous, has he.

All I am aware of is that The PJ has to look into this.  Not difficult since they obviously have the names.

Of course they have to check it out. All we're saying is that for 28 days now the papers have been hyping it, and apparently with no objections from any interested parties. Quite the contrary I think.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1567 on: January 30, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »
Of course they have to check it out. All we're saying is that for 28 days now the papers have been hyping it, and apparently with no objections from any interested parties. Quite the contrary I think.

Well, its only Johnnie Foreigner and they haven't actually been named, so no problem  8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #1568 on: January 30, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »

And hyping it from no other source than the usual "source"

Lying Pinky poo and co

Offline jassi

« Reply #1569 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »
I must say I get irritated by this constant referral to burglars, when neither police force has ever mentioned that that is so - pure spin.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1570 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »

There isn't anywhere they can run to.  And running wouldn't be a good idea anyway. 
Whoever these people are, I very much doubt that they know where Madeleine is now, or who commissioned the crime, so they won't get any help there.  They can now only stick in there and bluff it out, which actually might not be all that difficult.

Lyall

« Reply #1571 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
Well, its only Johnnie Foreigner and they haven't actually been named, so no problem  8)--))

I guess so. It's all part of the game, jassi. I guess we're naive to think the papers are at all interested in reporting accurately 8(8-))

Redblossom

« Reply #1572 on: January 30, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »
I must say I get irritated by this constant referral to burglars, when neither police force has ever mentioned that that is so - pure spin.

Nothing new since 2007 then from the british press then obviously and boringly

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1573 on: January 30, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »
Nothing new since 2007 then from the british press then obviously and boringly

And this news is from the British press?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1574 on: January 30, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
Maddie: Three former Ocean Club employees ‘suspects’

British police to quiz the trio

GERARD COUZENS – 30 JANUARY 2014

Snio

"They also requested access to the bank accounts of the three suspects to see if there were any large deposits made after the child disappeared."

Snip

Seems a little rich.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.