Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365391 times)

drummer

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2910 on: April 25, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »
Yes I remember the retired ex policeman who made a plonker of himself with the shutters. I also believe this is the same ex UK policeman who mocked a service for poor April Jones.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2911 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
Yes I remember the retired ex policeman who made a plonker of himself with the shutters. I also believe this is the same ex UK policeman who mocked a service for poor April Jones.

Indeed.    Also the same one who describes the parents of the UK children who were sexually assaulted in their own beds in Portugal as ''negligent''.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

icabodcrane

« Reply #2912 on: April 25, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
Shooting the messenger again are we  ? 

How about we address what has been  said,   rather than personally attack those who say it

drummer

« Reply #2913 on: April 25, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »

"When will this end?" One asked us, visibly crestfallen. "A NEW sexual assault on a child, in Luz? Why have we never heard about it until now? And why are we hearing about it just in time for the 7th anniversary of the disappearance?"

The residents need answers, why have they never heard about it before?

Why does it matter if it's being brought to attention now? Should the residents stay uninformed about a paedophile abusing young girls because the 7th anniversary is approaching?

What's wrong with people, why are they not interested in these findings, why do they believe it impossible that these abuses ever took place.

I understand that a family sports day has been planned with lots of fun to be had but quite frankly I would rather be told about paedophile abuse in my neighbourhood than a game of rounders.

If SY had waited until after the anniversary to announce these new findings I can imagine the uproar.

"Yard withheld information about paedophiles".

I think the residents need to start getting answers from their own police as to why they haven't heard about this before.

Offline John

« Reply #2914 on: April 25, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
We keep hearing in Press reports about the damage that Madeleine's disappearance has done to Praia da Luz but I just wonder has the opposite occurred.  Has the notoriety of the resort actually provided a boom in this current financial climate?

Taking the odd peep at the webcam (see top of page for link in yellow) reveals a constant trade.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:58:06 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2915 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:22 PM »
"When will this end?" One asked us, visibly crestfallen. "A NEW sexual assault on a child, in Luz? Why have we never heard about it until now? And why are we hearing about it just in time for the 7th anniversary of the disappearance?"

The residents need answers, why have they never heard about it before?

Why does it matter if it's being brought to attention now? Should the residents stay uninformed about a paedophile abusing young girls because the 7th anniversary is approaching?

What's wrong with people, why are they not interested in these findings, why do they believe it impossible that these abuses ever took place.

I understand that a family sports day has been planned with lots of fun to be had but quite frankly I would rather be told about paedophile abuse in my neighbourhood than a game of rounders.

If SY had waited until after the anniversary to announce these new findings I can imagine the uproar.

"Yard withheld information about paedophiles".

I think the residents need to start getting answers from their own police as to why they haven't heard about this before.

It is good that parents are aware before this family sports/ fun day because places where children congregate in a relaxed atmosphere are the places that Paedos are likely to come and view.... and maybe touch. 8(8-))    Creepy isn't it?

Best that they are aware and can keep an eye on things.

Hope they are well vetting the organisers and helpers.

drummer

« Reply #2916 on: April 25, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »
It is creepy Sadie, unfortunately the impression I have (from info provided by many Portuguese posters), these things just don't happen in Portugal. Mention the words Paedo and Portugal in the same sentence and you get the usual shock horror.

I remember watching a programme discussing paedophiles  when my great Grandma entered the room, I was about to switch channels until she commented about it.  She said she was fully aware of paedophiles, incest etc as it happened often in her days but was brushed under the carpet. Mothers were afraid to believe daughters, mothers knowing about things going on but not doing anything to prevent them, kids being punished for telling lies etc families not wanting shame brought on them, whole communities shunning families when somebody did actually speak out.

Most countries have moved on now and the subject is discussed freely but I can't get my head around people still believing in this day and age that a place is  paedophile/child abuse free  . Why can't they understand that these abuses did happen and continue to happen and will continue to. Why feel the need to hide the truth, why not believe when a Police Detective states there has been sexual assaults of minors in your community. It's worrying.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2917 on: April 25, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
Sadly, the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance is almost upon us.  Hopefully what happened to her will be resolved before much longer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #2918 on: April 25, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »
Why do those who are against the McCann's have to diss everything that SY say...do you know better than a experienced police force...???

Offline sadie

« Reply #2919 on: April 25, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »
Why do those who are against the McCann's have to diss everything that SY say...do you know better than a experienced police force...???
8((()*/  They THINK they do

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #2920 on: April 25, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
8((()*/  They THINK they do

Pleased you emphasised THINK!...The budding internet detectives lol  8-)(--)

Offline sadie

« Reply #2921 on: April 26, 2014, 12:17:36 AM »
Pleased you emphasised THINK!...The budding internet detectives lol  8-)(--)
Actually, maybe I should have said:

"They PRETEND that they do, cos I doubt they really THINK it".  They are not THAT daft .... surely?

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #2922 on: April 26, 2014, 12:24:02 AM »
Actually, maybe I should have said:

"They PRETEND that they do, cos I doubt they really THINK it".  They are not THAT daft .... surely?

surely not Sadie..but some think they know everything  but know nowt  8((()*/

drummer

« Reply #2924 on: April 26, 2014, 03:53:31 AM »
Madeleine McCann’s parents have chosen not to apply for a death certificate – despite being entitled to one on the seventh anniversary of her disappearance next weekend.

Kate and Gerry McCann are so encouraged by Scotland Yard’s fresh leads into her disappearance that they will not seek for a Certificate of Presumed Death which applies after that period.

And they are so convinced Madeleine is still alive they are instead stepping up their efforts to find their daughter.

Her gran Susan Healy told the Mirror yesterday: “She could be found.”

And Kate herself has previously said: “Madeleine is still alive until someone proves otherwise.”

A person can legally be declared dead after seven years under British law despite the absence of direct proof of the victim’s death. But friends of the couple, from Rothley, Leics, said that was the “last thing on their minds” as they prepare for next Saturday’s grim milestone.

Their hopes of finding Madeleine, who would now be 10, have been boosted in recent months by the progress of a British police probe.

Scotland Yard detectives are believed to be poised for a breakthrough after their own three-year review that sparked a fresh investigation.

New evidence has come to light of a sex attack on a British girl of 10 in Praia da Luz two years before Madeleine disappeared there. It is one of five new Algarve assaults uncovered by senior British detectives.

Madeleine vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort on May 03, 2007, just nine days short of her fourth birthday.

Despite no confirmed sightings of the youngster since that fateful night, Kate and Gerry cling to the hope she will be found alive.

Former GP Kate has said: “There is nothing to suggest Madeleine is not alive. We have to keep looking for her.

“We still have real hope. We all know cases of missing children, presumed dead and found alive years, sometimes decades, later.”

Kate has told how she had been “buoyed” by the efforts of Met Police and “relieved” the case had been reopened in Portugal.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said last night: “Kate and Gerry are fully aware of the declaration of death. They still believe Madeleine is alive and are not applying for a certificate presuming she is dead. That is the last thing on their minds.”

The Presumption of Death Act, due to be reformed in October following a campaign, is based on a seven-year rule.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: “If after seven years a person is still missing and there has been no sight or contact with them, they are presumed dead.

“The family can then apply for a ­Certificate of Presumed Death from a court which allows them to help resolve that person’s affairs or simply to help give them some closure.

“This can be done without a body being found. No-one can prepare for the heartache and confusion which arises when a loved one disappears with no trace.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/maddie-mccanns-parents-we-wont-3459122#ixzz2zxP2xms5
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:15:34 PM by John »