Author Topic: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?  (Read 6909 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
Perhaps if she'd answered the question they could have expanded based on her reply... there's a reason why they asked that question which wasn't lost on Kate.
Gerry answered all questions put to him.  Did the police expand upon these supposedly significant contradictions between his statements based on his replies? 

Offline peter claridge

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »
Gerry answered all questions put to him.  Did the police expand upon these supposedly significant contradictions between his statements based on his replies?

Kate didn't!

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »
Kate didn't!
How does that answer my question?  I asked you if the police questioned Gerry about all these supposed statement contradictions when he was an arguido?  Did they?

Offline faithlilly

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 06:57:40 PM »
Why did the police not ask her specifically about the curtains if it is such an important issue?

Do you agree Alfred that if the curtains and window were as described in Kate's first statement they must have been open when Oldfield checked ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
Do you agree Alfred that if the curtains and window were as described in Kate's first statement they must have been open when Oldfield checked ?
I am not Alfred, but I would like to answer.

What Kate says is correct which ever statement you take as the correct one of the two versions above.  Altho she didn't realse it until the curtains flared, the window was open , the shutters up ..... and after they flared the curtains, it seems, were open, at least to some extent.  Had they been open before they flared, the breeze would have taken the route of least resisatnce  and passed mainly thru the gap, I think, and the flare would not have been so dramatic.

We do not know how far the windows were open and neither, I think, do we know how open the shutters were ... do we?

Only my thoughts

Offline faithlilly

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 07:45:23 PM »
I am not Alfred, but I would like to answer.

What Kate says is correct which ever statement you take as the correct one of the two versions above.  Altho she didn't realse it until the curtains flared, the window was open , the shutters up ..... and after they flared the curtains, it seems, were open, at least to some extent.  Had they been open before they flared, the breeze would have taken the route of least resisatnce  and passed mainly thru the gap, I think, and the flare would not have been so dramatic.

We do not know how far the windows were open and neither, I think, do we know how open the shutters were ... do we?

Only my thoughts

The statements aren't the same sadie. You know it, I know it and I'm sure SY know it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »
The statements aren't the same sadie. You know it, I know it and I'm sure SY know it.

Are you referring to the two statements, I just posted that are slightly different Faith, indicating that someone has been at them, I think, unlerss I am misunderstanding something.  Please tell me if I am.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
The statements aren't the same sadie. You know it, I know it and I'm sure SY know it.
Yes, I'm sure you're right, and that's why SY have stated explicitly that the McCanns are not suspects, curtains notwithstanding.  Does Amaral reference this vitally important issue in his  book out of interest?

Offline faithlilly

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »
Are you referring to the two statements, I just posted that are slightly different Faith, indicating that someone has been at them, I think, unlerss I am misunderstanding something.  Please tell me if I am.

No sadie. I was referring to Kate's 4th of May statement and the timeline handed into the PJ on the 10th of May and isubsequent interviews with Kate.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
Everyone who is familiar with the McCann case and the translated files in particular also recognise that there are at least two websites which host independent versions of the translated files.  Inevitably there will be inconsequential differences in these versions as there is in any translation which in itself is a useful check as to their competence.  The point I am making is that these insignificant differences do not alter the meaning of the statements whichever version one chooses to read.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:18:45 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Re: Those pesky curtains keep being brought up?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
I am not Alfred, but I would like to answer.

What Kate says is correct which ever statement you take as the correct one of the two versions above.  Altho she didn't realse it until the curtains flared, the window was open , the shutters up ..... and after they flared the curtains, it seems, were open, at least to some extent.  Had they been open before they flared, the breeze would have taken the route of least resisatnce  and passed mainly thru the gap, I think, and the flare would not have been so dramatic.

We do not know how far the windows were open and neither, I think, do we know how open the shutters were ... do we?

Only my thoughts

The shutter was fully up according to witnesses.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.