Author Topic: The Ocean Club organised missing child procedures - who, where, when, what?  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Robittybob1

The Ocean Club organised missing child procedures:
1. Who was in charge?
2. Where was the assembly point?
3. When did they commence?

4. What were the procedures?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

Re: The Ocean Club organised missing child procedures - who, where, when, what?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 01:31:24 AM »
The Ocean Club organised missing child procedures:
1. Who was in charge?
2. Where was the assembly point?
3. When did they commence?

4. What were the procedures?

That's a little difficult to answer as the Mark Warner nannies were the first responders, followed by John Hill of OC. Madeleine was not in the care of MW staff at the time of her disappearance & it was the parents who reported the disappearance, not vice versa, so much of the MW preliminary procedure would not have applied imo. Should the nannies have called the GNR immediately? - possibly, unless Reception had told them police had already been called.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:43:35 AM »
That's a little difficult to answer as the Mark Warner nannies were the first responders, followed by John Hill of OC. Madeleine was not in the care of MW staff at the time of her disappearance & it was the parents who reported the disappearance, not vice versa, so much of the MW preliminary procedure would not have applied imo. Should the nannies have called the GNR immediately? - possibly, unless Reception had told them police had already been called.
I was looking back through the forum and one comment said  they "instigated their missing child procedure and probably didn't want police involvement initially". 
I can appreciate that as you never know the businesses may have to pay a fee for using the GNR etc.  I know in NZ users have to pay for fire service call outs and even ambulance travel.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:57:29 AM »
I was looking back through the forum and one comment said  they "instigated their missing child procedure and probably didn't want police involvement initially". 
I can appreciate that as you never know the businesses may have to pay a fee for using the GNR etc.  I know in NZ users have to pay for fire service call outs and even ambulance travel.

Here is an example of UK procedure when a child goes missing in a situation away from home. Certain elements would not have applied in Madeleine's case.
https://thecpsu.org.uk/resource-library/2013/missing-children-and-young-people-at-sports-events-procedure-and-flow-chart/

I don't think that OC or the McCanns would have had to pay for the use of the GNR but perhaps SIL could clarify if the Emergency Services do have a tariff of charges.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 02:14:54 AM »

I doubt it was the fee, Rob.  More likely to be the bad publicity of a child going missing from their Holiday premises and the potential loss of income.  That is, of course, if the original poster was correct in his/her assumption.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:26:11 AM »
Here's how Pegasus saw the situation http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6160.msg238874#msg238874

"Only 20 minutes into the missing child procedure, a manager ordered police to be called in.
Police arrived fast, they were on the outskirts of PDL within about 11 minutes of being phoned.
The first GNR team was two officers, they searched briefly the apartment and immediate area, and called in help.
Next GNR officer to arrive was the Lagos commander, he did not search the apartment, instead he and one of the first two officers immediately did further searches of the area, by foot and car. And as more GNR arrived, they did more searches."

Well that could go to explain what Amy Tierney says "The witness confirms that the girl's father went to the reception to call the police as soon as her disappearance was noticed and that twenty minutes had passed. The GNR took 30 to 35 minutes to arrive."

Was it a policy to call the GNR 20 minutes into a fruitless missing child search?

We know the was calls at 10:41 and 10:52 20 minutes back from those times are 10:21 and 10:32.

Lyndsay was not so certain: "Later, not knowing precisely what time, the local police came to the company and, taking into account the procedure which we had set in place, they proceeded with the appropriate actions for this type of situation."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 04:45:24 AM »
Here's how Pegasus saw the situation http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6160.msg238874#msg238874

"Only 20 minutes into the missing child procedure, a manager ordered police to be called in.
Police arrived fast, they were on the outskirts of PDL within about 11 minutes of being phoned.
The first GNR team was two officers, they searched briefly the apartment and immediate area, and called in help.
Next GNR officer to arrive was the Lagos commander, he did not search the apartment, instead he and one of the first two officers immediately did further searches of the area, by foot and car. And as more GNR arrived, they did more searches."

Well that could go to explain what Amy Tierney says "The witness confirms that the girl's father went to the reception to call the police as soon as her disappearance was noticed and that twenty minutes had passed. The GNR took 30 to 35 minutes to arrive."

... snip ...
I'm just realising how interesting that is.  I suppose we are entitled to add  the 20 to the (30 to 35) and get 50 to 55 minutes before the GNR arrived and it is generally accepted they arrived at 10:55 PM so that means Amy was there and aware that Gerry must have left to call the police at roughly  10:20 PM  roughly 20 minutes after she had arrived.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:20:10 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 05:25:37 AM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6981.msg309316#msg309316  was a thread about Richard D Hall's videos. 
Benice had this to say (in part): "Basically, [to Richard D Hall] Amy Tierney is a deceitful liar according to Hall, although he doesn't seem to have been able to come up with a reason why this lady would lie through her teeth - so extensively -  for a couple she didn't know.   Surely discovering the reason for such duplicitous behaviour by Amy Tierney  would be a priority - as without a reason for it  - it makes no sense. 

He also can't understand why as a mere nanny she was at Reception on 3rd May.     She was in fact Head of the Baby Club and Mini Club and was on duty.    She was also involved in the Missing Child procedure AFAIK."

Was she Head of the Baby Club and Mini Club?
She was on duty.
She was involved in the Missing Child procedure [Amy confirmed the child was missing].
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 05:31:39 AM »
Benice  makes a further comment on a thread about a article in the Sun.  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7173.msg326627#msg326627

Benice states in part: "The very fact that there is a Missing Child Procedure in existence in the first place at the OG - is because parents are not perfect people and children do go missing on holiday."

I suppose that is very correct, they have that procedure for from time to time they need to use it.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 05:43:51 AM »
The next entry from the search results is a post by John.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1101.msg46181#msg46181

"The hotel manager Emma Knight was quite specific about times and said she was telephoned at 10.17pm by Lyndsay and immediately initiated the missing child procedure." 

From what I understand is that Emma might have approved the activation of the Missing Child Procedure, but she says she was off site at the time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EMMA-LOUISE.htm
"On the night of 3rd May, after having finished work, I planned to meet a group of colleagues at 22.30 to go out. At about 22.17 I received a call from Lyndsey Johnson, the creche Manager, informing me that the girl had gone missing. I met Lyndsey and the Service Manager, Amy Tierney, near to the Tapas Bar and we initiated the 'Mark Warner procedures for the search of a missing child'."

So Emma calls Amy Tierney the "Service Manager"
Emma's position at the time was "Client Support Manager".
Lyndsey has been called "manager of the KIDS CLUB"

Going out at 22.30 seems rather late.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 05:51:22 AM »
Next is an interesting sounding thread title "The childcare arrangements or lack of them reviewed."
In answer to a post by G-unit http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6811.msg289702#msg289702
Benice in part states: "The fact that there was a  Missing Child Procedure in place at the OC would confirm that other people's children also went missing from time to time.    The only difference being  - those other missing children were found."

I have found it hard to pin point how frequently it was used.

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 05:56:37 AM »
Next - dear to my heart "Why was Tannerman going the wrong way?" 
G-unit had this to say: "The last child was collected from the creche later than that. There were still children there when the missing child procedure was begun at 10.20pm.

After this, the "missing child procedure" was initiated, which consists of an organised search, spread over different areas of the complex. The witness immediately helped in the searches, whilst her colleague Charlotte remained at the crêche, looking after the other children that were there and waiting for the arrival of the last parents, after which she also began searching.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm

She indicates that on May 3rd 2007, at around 10.20pm, she was informed by her colleague Amy T. that Madeleine McCann had disappeared. At that, she immediately launched the "missing child" procedure.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LYNSAY-JAYNE.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm"

That's all been discussed in the last day or so.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »
I'm just realising how interesting that is.  I suppose we are entitled to add  the 20 to the (30 to 35) and get 50 to 55 minutes before the GNR arrived and it is generally accepted they arrived at 10:55 PM so that means Amy was there and aware that Gerry must have left to call the police at roughly  10:20 PM  roughly 20 minutes after she had arrived.

The PJ documents state that they were called at 10.40 pm Rob
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_02.jpg
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
Here is an example of UK procedure when a child goes missing in a situation away from home. Certain elements would not have applied in Madeleine's case.
https://thecpsu.org.uk/resource-library/2013/missing-children-and-young-people-at-sports-events-procedure-and-flow-chart/

I don't think that OC or the McCanns would have had to pay for the use of the GNR but perhaps SIL could clarify if the Emergency Services do have a tariff of charges.
I have no reason to believe the GNR or PJ would charge for emergencies, but we haven't had to use either.

We have used the bombeiros at least 3 times re emergencies and there was no charge.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
The PJ documents state that they were called at 10.40 pm Rob
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_02.jpg
That might be so but we are looking at this from Amy's perspective.
Moderation