Author Topic: Has Scotland Yard dodged a bullet in the Maddie case?  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Has Scotland Yard dodged a bullet in the Maddie case?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 01:49:56 PM »
I'm talking about the PJs failure to understand  the evidence

Not necessarily, they might well be vindicated yet imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 01:51:22 PM »

If they had fully cooperated the case would have probably been handled differently...

Then there would have been no need for SY........

who have not been very successful.....have they....

I totally agree with you Tina, the McCann's behaviour was never consistent with what they claimed.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Davel

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »
I totally agree with you Tina, the McCann's behaviour was never consistent with what they claimed.

And I disagree.... It's, all mere opinion
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Offline Davel

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »
Not necessarily, they might well be vindicated yet imo.

All the evidence used to make them arguido was not confirmed.... That is a fact

Offline Davel

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »
There was indeed widespread criticism of the PJ investigation. It was begun immediately by the parents and their friends and relatives and taken up and continued by the UK media.

Were you able to read Portuguese, you would have seen Grange being described as botched. The digging and the burglars provoked criticism in Portugal, for example.

So a baseless claim with nothing to back it up.... Amaral was, removed by the Portuguese... Remember

Offline xtina

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »
So a baseless claim with nothing to back it up.... Amaral was, removed by the Portuguese... Remember

How can we forget....

Only by a silly comment though.....nothing to do with how he was handling the case.......

Oh apart from influential people in the UK wanting him removed....

Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
How can we forget....

Only by a silly comment though.....nothing to do with how he was handling the case.......

Oh apart from influential people in the UK wanting him removed....

This thread appears to be about SY, please keep on topic.
It is a lack of contrition that makes a person who has done wrong fixate on being proven blameless.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:15 PM »
Decision time has come and gone yet again in the Maddie case.  This time though, for what ever reason depending on what red top rubbish one chooses to believe, either SY has not asked for additional funds or the Home Office has refused to commit to any further spending. Whichever way one chooses to look at it however, this marks a significant change in tactics by Scotland Yard which most sceptics will see as an indication that the case has at last been shelved.

By not coming out and saying so, has SY effectively dodged the bullet of public humiliation?

As I see it as the investigation stage is completed. What happens next is anyone's guess but
tt is not within the remit of The MPS to decide what happens next.[I don't just mean in this case.]
When you can walk the rice paper without leaving a trace, you will be ready to leave the monastery and go out into the world, Grasshopper.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2018, 04:36:39 PM »
As I see it as the investigation stage is completed. What happens next is anyone's guess but
tt is not within the remit of The MPS to decide what happens next.[I don't just mean in this case.]

I personally think that the Scotland Yard has been a total waste of money if they haven't formally interviewed the McCanns and their friends.    I did have hope in the early stages that they would be able to find out the truth but no more.   

I do believe though that Scotland Yard or the Home Office should give information publicly on where they are leaving the case. 

Is there any evidence against anyone they have looked during the investigation at or are they totally stumped.  I believe the latter as the investigation was hampered from the start.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Davel

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »
I personally think that the Scotland Yard has been a total waste of money if they haven't formally interviewed the McCanns and their friends.    I did have hope in the early stages that they would be able to find out the truth but no more.   

I do believe though that Scotland Yard or the Home Office should give information publicly on where they are leaving the case. 

Is there any evidence against anyone they have looked during the investigation at or are they totally stumped.  I believe the latter as the investigation was hampered from the start.

I see you have now changed your claim to "formally interviewed"........I dont see it would make a lot of difference whether they were interviewed or formally interviewed...and I dont see Grange as  a waste of money....i think its such a shame it was necessary

Offline Sunny

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »

I see you have now changed your claim to "formally interviewed"........I dont see it would make a lot of difference whether they were interviewed or formally interviewed...and I dont see Grange as  a waste of money....i think its such a shame it was necessary

OK Scotland Yard haven't interviewed the McCanns nor their tapas friends.  Happy Davel?

I used formally interviewed to remove any doubt that that they had not been questioned by the Yard.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Davel

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »
OK Scotland Yard haven't interviewed the McCanns nor their tapas friends.  Happy Davel?

I used formally interviewed to remove any doubt that that they had not been questioned by the Yard.

i disagree ...i would say its certain SY have interviewed the mccanns..

How do you know they have not been questioned as witnesses.. You dont
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:46:02 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »
i disagree ...i would say its certain SY have interviewed the mccanns

Do you have evidence of this Davel? We have been through this before and I showed you evidence that they haven't

Offline Davel

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 06:51:49 PM »
Do you have evidence of this Davel? We have been through this before and I showed you evidence that they haven't

You have shown cites that they have not been interviewed under caution... As suspects or formally interviewed.  You haven't been able to provide a cite to show they haven't been interviewed

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »

Most of the people who thought the Met should help and who set it up are gone. Cameron, Sir Paul Stephenson, Foy, Campbell, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe and Sir Mark Rowley. Only one person is left; Theresa May. Would announcing the demise of Operation Grange affect her, I wonder?
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything