Author Topic: Was the Liverpudlian dialect the source of some confusion?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Was the Liverpudlian dialect the source of some confusion?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »
Well, I can only say that if you don't like the translation. have another one done and then compare and contrast.
What Id really need is access to the original tapes of David Payne speaking before being certain that is what he actually said before it was translated into Portuguese by the highly biased newspaper and then translated back again by the high biased translator.  8(>((

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2018, 07:19:16 PM »
Cites please.

Both events happened on 4 May 2007

Gerry was present with Kate when interviewed that day. Surely you knew?

At this moment, the third person, who was always near to the couple and the witness, moved the couple away from her and the three of them talked in whispers for some time.

After this, and leaving the couple behind him, he approached the witness and told her that the couple did not want to speak any more with her, nor with anyone else.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

The third person was David Payne.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
Both events happened on 4 May 2007

Gerry was present with Kate when interviewed that day. Surely you knew?

At this moment, the third person, who was always near to the couple and the witness, moved the couple away from her and the three of them talked in whispers for some time.

After this, and leaving the couple behind him, he approached the witness and told her that the couple did not want to speak any more with her, nor with anyone else.

That is not a cite for both Gerry and David not wanting Kate to be questioned alone.

Offline jassi

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »
What Id really need is access to the original tapes of David Payne speaking before being certain that is what he actually said before it was translated into Portuguese by the highly biased newspaper and then translated back again by the high biased translator.  8(>((

Doomed to be disappointed on that one, I think. Mind you, OG might have had access to them.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »
LOL, OK a highly biased Portuguese Newspaper article, translated by a highly biased McCnann sceptic.  Perfect.  Now the cite from YM with her direct quote expressing her suspicion the parents were involved please.

Aren't all newspapers biased and misleading? They did have a direct quote though. If a translation doesn't suit do your own;
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=portuguese+to+english&oq=portuguese+to+english&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.13319j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you open this link you can read everything Mrs Martin said;

'
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 07:27:46 PM »
That is not a cite for both Gerry and David not wanting Kate to be questioned alone.

Gerry wanted to be with her. He didn't want Kate to be interviewed alone or why insist on being present? David Payne didn't want them talking to YM or why move them away and put an end to it?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »
Gerry wanted to be with her. He didn't want Kate to be interviewed alone or why insist on being present? David Payne didn't want them talking to YM or why move them away and put an end to it?

According to Mrs Martin the trigger for DP getting involved was;

During the conversation the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter.
However, the third individual overheard this conversation and interrupted Ms. Martin and took the McCann couple away from her.

This same individual came shortly afterwards to tell her that the couple did not want to talk to her any further and did not require her help
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 07:47:01 PM »
According to Mrs Martin the trigger for DP getting involved was;

During the conversation the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter.
However, the third individual overheard this conversation and interrupted Ms. Martin and took the McCann couple away from her.

This same individual came shortly afterwards to tell her that the couple did not want to talk to her any further and did not require her help
If there is one topic that gets posters stirred up it is the Yvonne Martin story.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Offline jassi

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 07:52:59 PM »
If there is one topic that gets posters stirred up it is the Yvonne Martin story.

If only she'd brought a  dog along with her it would have ticked every box   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:55:46 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:43 PM »
If only she'd brought a  dog along with her it would have ticked every box   @)(++(*
Would she have had to let the dog run loose for there didn't seem the possibility that Yvonne was going to be welcomed inside the apartment?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2018, 09:46:28 AM »
Would she have had to let the dog run loose for there didn't seem the possibility that Yvonne was going to be welcomed inside the apartment?

One might have assumed that Yvonne Martin was just trying to help.  It's what happened afterwards that put the tin hat on it.

An anonymous letter was a very grave error of judgement for a so called Professional.  And the veiled and unfounded accusation against David Payne didn't help.

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
One might have assumed that Yvonne Martin was just trying to help.  It's what happened afterwards that put the tin hat on it.

An anonymous letter was a very grave error of judgement for a so called Professional.  And the veiled and unfounded accusation against David Payne didn't help.
When the case gets solved then we will see who is right and wrong.

Offline jassi

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2018, 11:26:22 AM »
When the case gets solved then we will see who is right and wrong.

I like your optimism

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2018, 11:27:20 AM »
I like your optimism
or pessimism, take your pick.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »

Mrs Martin thought she recognised someone she met that morning, but couldn't remember why. When small children disappear it's often due to family or friends. Just in case that's what had happened in Madeleine's case she contacted the police asking them to check the person's records. She did it anonymously because she was afraid of press intrusion. Given the hysteria in the press at the time I don't blame her.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything