Author Topic: Ocean Club: Are there actually three Receptions ?  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Ocean Club: Are there actually three Receptions ?
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »
I suggest you leave ghouls tours to VS, the member who raised the topic.  I believe that OG managed to get in with a ghouls tour well before that.  Spades, pickaxes, cadaver dogs, helicopters, horses, perimeter tape.  Sunnier than in Rothley.

You will understand  if I totally ignore your suggestion.. TIA..
There is no restriction on who can reply to a post

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2018, 10:02:58 PM »
I know of one or two sad sacks who choose to holiday in PdL BECAUSE of Madeleine’s disappearance #ghoulstours
No mention of members, yet some people are quite defensive and it’s rather revealing.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »
You will understand  if I totally ignore your suggestion.. TIA..
There is no restriction on who can reply to a post

V-S thinks there is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:02:14 PM by Brietta »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2018, 10:45:13 PM »
V-S thinks there is.
He is now reduced to talking to himself.
What was that comment about sad old sacks?
Read the post in context and you will understand

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »
V-S thinks there is.
He is now reduced to talking to himself.
What was that comment about sad old sacks?
The “sad sack” comment referred to people who choose to visit PdL because it’s where a little girl went missing, never to be seen again.  It’s not something I would do, and I think those who do so are simply indulging in ghoulish behaviour.  If I’m talking to myself I guess no one is reading this and I can be assured that there will be no smart arse replies go this post... :-)
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Sunny

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2018, 06:51:49 AM »
The “sad sack” comment referred to people who choose to visit PdL because it’s where a little girl went missing, never to be seen again.  It’s not something I would do, and I think those who do so are simply indulging in ghoulish behaviour.  If I’m talking to myself I guess no one is reading this and I can be assured that there will be no smart arse replies go this post... :-)

Do you also include supporters who have visited PDL for "research" too as "sad sacks" too VS?  I can think of two members here that have done so.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2018, 07:13:24 AM »
Do you also include supporters who have visited PDL for "research" too as "sad sacks" too VS?  I can think of two members here that have done so.
No, they are doing vital resesrch for the benefit of all mankind.   8(0(*

Offline Sunny

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
No, they are doing vital resesrch for the benefit of all mankind.   8(0(*

Ah of course they are...
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018, 07:59:41 AM »
I wonder if Shining In Luz will bark “cite” in reply to this post...?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2018, 08:13:15 AM »
I wonder if Shining In Luz will bark “cite” in reply to this post...?

I have no problem providing cites if requested. The two posters I have in mind have made it very clear they have visited Praia Da Luz.  I thought it may be better not to share names but if you want me to .... of course I will.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2018, 08:31:52 AM »
I have no problem providing cites if requested. The two posters I have in mind have made it very clear they have visited Praia Da Luz.  I thought it may be better not to share names but if you want me to .... of course I will.
I know of one who has visited BECAUSE of the case, but I don’t really class him as a supporter.  The other I believe (but may be wrong) had already been to PdL prior to the disappearance.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2018, 08:34:12 AM »
I know of one who has visited BECAUSE of the case, but I don’t really class him as a supporter.  The other I believe (but may be wrong) had already been to PdL prior to the disappearance.

I was under the impression that he was a supporter. The other one has been more than once and discussed her visits regularly here-her visits were because of Madeleine's disappearance.

I have never been there nor do I have any compunction to do so.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2018, 08:37:44 AM »

Well I'm reading this post and it seems to me you are talking about Sadie - a bit OTT imo

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »
I was under the impression that he was a supporter. The other one has been more than once and discussed her visits regularly here-her visits were because of Madeleine's disappearance.

I have never been there nor do I have any compunction to do so.
Me neither, but at least we can agree that Madeleine ‘s case has proven an attraction rather than a deterrent for some strange reason.