Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18627 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
A PJ officer acquitted of her torture ?

I believe you made the point yesterday about OJ being acquitted.

I also gave cites yesterday detailing the presence of Cipriano’s lawyer Célia Costa in the room when Cipriano confessed. That would be a pretty stupid claim to make in court if not true.

You seem to have a bit of a soft spot for this convicted child killer Eleanor but your sympathies really would be better directed elsewhere.

My Business, not yours.

These Officers were acquitted because Leonore Cipriano couldn't identify them.  But there doesn't appear to be anything to support his claim.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2019, 11:05:14 AM »
A PJ officer acquitted of her torture ?

I believe you made the point yesterday about OJ being acquitted.

I also gave cites yesterday detailing the presence of Cipriano’s lawyer Célia Costa in the room when Cipriano confessed. That would be a pretty stupid claim to make in court if not true.

You seem to have a bit of a soft spot for this convicted child killer Eleanor but your sympathies really would be better directed elsewhere.

He hasn't been cleared or found innocent....he claimed cipriani fell down the stairs ...the court didn't accept this so he is another pj officer found to have lied....
The court accepted she wad tortured in the custody of the pj

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2019, 11:12:42 AM »
My Business, not yours.

These Officers were acquitted because Leonore Cipriano couldn't identify them.  But there doesn't appear to be anything to support his claim.

It is indeed your business.

As to the other ‘business’

From TV Mais http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id177.htm

‘What is known for certain is that on the 13th of October [2004], Leonor confessed to murdering her daughter Joana. And it is known that she did so in the presence of her lawyer, Celia Costa, who confirms that she didn't see anyone assaulting Leonor.’

From this it is obvious that Cipriano’s lawyer at the time gave evidence in court to confirm Cipriano confessed on the 13th, a full day before her alleged beating.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2019, 11:29:06 AM »

‘What is known for certain is that on the 13th of October [2004], Leonor confessed to murdering her daughter Joana. And it is known that she did so in the presence of her lawyer, Celia Costa, who confirms that she didn't see anyone assaulting Leonor.’

From this it is obvious that Cipriano’s lawyer at the time gave evidence in court to confirm Cipriano confessed on the 13th, a full day before her alleged beating.

If Leonore did indeed confess to the murder of her daughter why did The PJ Officers then proceed to torture her a day later, and for what purpose?

This doesn't make sense.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »

So who is, saying this... It's Carvalho who is pro amaral and anti mccann
You are, saying.. Based in this... It's obvious ciprianos lawyer gave evidence in court..

No it's not obvious... Just speculation by you..
There is no reliable evidence cipriano confessed before the beating...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:21:24 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »
So who is, saying this... It's Carvalho who is pro amaral and anti mccann
You are, saying.. Based in this... It's obvious ciprianos lawyer gave evidence in court..

No it's not obvious... Just speculation by you..
There is no reliable evidence cipriano confessed before the beating...

I’m not arguing. The evidence is there no matter how much you try to deny it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
If Leonore did indeed confess to the murder of her daughter why did The PJ Officers then proceed to torture her a day later, and for what purpose?

This doesn't make sense.
Because she withdrew her confession?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »
Because she withdrew her confession?

I'm not one for Lolling, but I'll give you a Lol for that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
I'm not one for Lolling, but I'll give you a Lol for that.
What’s funny about it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2019, 08:51:47 PM »
What’s funny about it?

I was wondering at what point between the 13th when she confessed, and 6am on the 14th when The PJ collected her from prison that Leonore had time to withdraw her confession.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »
I was wondering at what point between the 13th when she confessed, and 6am on the 14th when The PJ collected her from prison that Leonore had time to withdraw her confession.
Dunno but they must have been well pissed off with her by then.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »
Dunno but they must have been well pissed off with her by then.

Can you blame them?  That must have been the shortest standing confession in history.  I bet they didn't even have time to get it typed up and signed.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »
i was  reading today she was  released  from prison  so no more whining  about her  now??

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2019, 09:38:15 PM »
i was  reading today she was  released  from prison  so no more whining  about her  now??

Leonor is still insisting that she is innocent.

Online misty

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
I’m not arguing. The evidence is there no matter how much you try to deny it.

I strongly recommend you download the attached document then run it through google translate (select "documents" then link to the file on your computer). That will help you see there was no confession on 13th October & certain service information from the 14th Oct written by Cristovao shows record of confession. It's a long read but worth it.
http://home.iscte-iul.pt/~apad/ACED_juristas/maddietrab_ficheiros/Acordao%20Leonor%20Cipriano%20contra%20Goncalo%20e%20outros.%2022Maio2009.pdf
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:17:07 PM by misty »