Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 501985 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
A very interesting podcast about DNA. It seems that there's a possibility that questions which the FSS were unable to answer can now be answered, due to advances in the field. There are only two laboratory's in the world with this technology; one in the US and one in Australia. The information they would need was taken out of archive in 2012. If it has been examined it would be by the one in Australia, as it wasn't the US one. Assuming that Op Grange have the data, an offer has been made to them to analyse it free of charge by the US lab. Op Grange have not responded.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2019, 11:31:45 AM »
No we can't... He can give a probability..we don't know what that probability is...... He needs to be asked a lot more questions

Accotding to him his method allowed him to separate a mixed sample containing DNA from five people. He was also able to separate the DNA of three brothers in that sample. His evidence obtained the release of two men who had been convicted of the crime because he demonstrated that neither of them contributed to the sample.

If he was allowed to analyse the sample from the boot of the McCann's car he might be able to eliminate Madeleine from it. In my opinion that's worth a try. If the McCanns are innocent surely they would want that to be done?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
Accotding to him his method allowed him to separate a mixed sample containing DNA from five people. He was also able to separate the DNA of three brothers in that sample. His evidence obtained the release of two men who had been convicted of the crime because he demonstrated that neither of them contributed to the sample.

If he was allowed to analyse the sample from the boot of the McCann's car he might be able to eliminate Madeleine from it. In my opinion that's worth a try. If the McCanns are innocent surely they would want that to be done?

Of course it's worth a try... I've suggested via Twitter to Mark S that he ssks Mark Perlin himself to contact either the Portuguese or Grange... If the off er is genuine

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »

Did he seperate the three brothers or exclude the three brothers... Thats a massive difference... Do you have s link

I've just checked a link.... He did not seperate the DNA of the three brothers but concluded that three of the contributers were brothers
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:16:00 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
Did he seperate the three brothers or exclude the three brothers... Thats a massive difference... Do you have s link

He was able to separate family members. That would be useful in terms of the car boot sample as theoretically he coould answer a question iften raised i.e. did the sample contain the DNA of Madeleine's fanily members?

The information is from the latest podcast; DNA.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2019, 02:00:18 PM »
If you ask me, there are those who would rather Mr Lowe's report remained opinion rather than be determined fact imo. Not that they'll admit it.
Dr Perlin; "I'd explain to SY how trueallele has been used successfully in the UK and elsewhere around the world to solve problems just like this one and if they want to know the answer, it won't cost them anything, just send us the data and we'll give them the answer.

Mark Perlin has clearly read Mr Lowes report, he's a genetic scientist with a proven reputation. He's in a better position to know what he can answer and what he can't before any of the other genetic experts on here imo. Let's hope the data has been retained and he is given the opportunity to give us an answer.

You are assuming the answer is yes or no.......

I suggest Perlin contacts Grange himself and offers his, services...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:03:43 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2019, 02:09:28 PM »
I'm assuming nothing, it can only be yes or no, we already have a ,"we CANNOT answer the question. You forgot about that, didn't you.

You are assuming the answer is yes or no... Then we have the next question... What if a couple of cells of maddies DNA were found... Would it be if any significance... I don't see thst it would

Offline jassi

« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2019, 02:10:32 PM »
If you ask me, there are those who would rather Mr Lowe's report remained opinion rather than be determined fact imo. Not that they'll admit it.
Dr Perlin; "I'd explain to SY how trueallele has been used successfully in the UK and elsewhere around the world to solve problems just like this one and if they want to know the answer, it won't cost them anything, just send us the data and we'll give them the answer.

Mark Perlin has clearly read Mr Lowes report, he's a genetic scientist with a proven reputation. He's in a better position to know what he can answer and what he can't before any of the other genetic experts on here imo. Let's hope the data has been retained and he is given the opportunity to give us an answer.

Not sure what a definitive answer would prove, but it could certainly raise some interesting questions and answers
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2019, 02:19:53 PM »
I think the whole idea, that Maddies corpse was in the hire, car is totally absurd

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2019, 02:47:19 PM »
It would prove if a dog trained to detected human blood found the missing child's DNA in the boot of the parent's hire car or not. It would also be useful in the parent's defence one would imagine if it was proved to be the later. It's an answer it would seem to me, is in the parents interest finally gets answered.

Gerrys blood was found in the car....the parents, already know the answer
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:50:29 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
What's that got to do with the DNA that matched Madeleine that was retrieved from the boot?
It didn't match Gerry the inconclusive DNA in the boot, it matched the missing child's.
The parents might know the answer but I don't know when I can believe the parents, I like proof.
Those jemmied shutters left a rather nasty taste in my mouth. I don't swallow anything they tell me without proof.
Your point is?

It wasn't a match to Madeleine and we dint know if Gerry contributed to it... I don't swallow, anything with out evidence..
Neither Gerry nor Kate used the words Gemmied... There is certainly  no proof they did... But you've swallowed it

Offline Brietta

« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
Are we speaking about the boot of the car?  Eddie didn't alert there. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
The report says it was an inconclusive match to Madeleine. What evidence did you swallow to reach the conclusion that it wasn't? Bit of a contradiction there sunshine. You don't swallow anything without, ahem, evidence.
I'll bear that in mind the next time my curtains go whoooosh.

If it's inconclusive  it's not a match.. Could you cite the report stating it's an inconclusive match..it's a contradiction

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »
Sorry you're quite correct, it was me that used the term inconclusive for the DNA match.. but here's your's cite to swallow.  "What we need to consider, as scientists, is whether THE MATCH is genuine and legitimate; because Madeline has deposited DNA as a result of being in the car or whether Madeline merely appears TO MATCH the result by chance.

It's not a match, then why did they scientists say that it was? I'm getting the sense your suffering from indigestion.

Something that appears to match by chance is not a match

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »
But if you don't swallow anything without evidence, I'm at a loss to understand how do you know the match wasn't a genuine match? Well? You don't swallow anything without evidence? It seems rather mean for you not to be willing to share it with us. Go on, just tell us how you know it's not a genuine match. Please? Pretty please?

I don't know it's not a genuine match...