Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 64492 times)

Offline Cheeky Monkey

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2019, 04:09:04 PM »
Danie Krugel would not permit review of his technique either ... I believe it cost him credibility.  8**8:/:
I couldn't agree more but this guy's scientific evidence has been accepted by the courts. If it's wrong it'll cost him his credibility as well. The parent's have a defence team in place that leaves no one in any doubt that their evidence will be challenged. Bring it on I say.
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

Offline Brietta

« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
One person's blood but DNA from up to 5 different people from the area tested.  DNA is collected from an area, but Keela alerts to an invisible spot within that area.

I find it extraordinary that our resident 'expert' on the files is unaware of that.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »
It's not a good one imo, what's good about a comment that's wrong? If you listen to the podcast, nowhere in the podcast does anyone attempt to discredit the FSS. They refer in the podcast to the outdated methods they were using in 2007 but that in no way imo is an attempt to discredit anyone, it's a statement of fact. 12 years is a very long time in modern science, technology evolves. 
If I'm wrong I'll enjoy reading the cite you provide that demonstrates there was any attempt to discredit anyone from the FSS?
The man is claiming he has a modern method, accepted in courts of law that could prove if the DNA in the car came from the child or not. Does the thought of not appeal to you? Reading through this thread, I'm beginning to wonder.

I was referring to Davel's comment on Banter.

However, I do find Trillions had to believe.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
Therefore, we CAN answer the question: is the match from the hire car genuine or is it a chance match according to Dr Mark Perlin. According to him you have been proved wrong. I'm not shocked at all.
If Dr Perlin's testimony proves anything imo, it proves when it comes to understanding and explaining genetic science to a wider global audience, Robin Swan and Jim Gamble are not the people to do it.
You obviously missed the link provided by VS which explains in great detail exactly what is wrong with the suppositions in your post ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10605.msg517357#msg517357

Long ... but well worth a read and further study ...
https://www.wired.com/story/trueallele-software-transforming-how-courts-treat-dna-evidence/
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »
Like the FSS... Saunokoko does his best to discredit them and that's lapped up in certain quarters...as for Perlin.. He's highly qualified... Extremely well educated and intelligent and hence would see my criticism of him as tongue in cheek.. Us intelligent scientists like a bit of friendly banter...

No need to discredit the FSS, they managed that all by themselves and that is why they were disbanded.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:55:52 PM by Angelo222 »
'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2019, 04:33:31 PM »
I was referring to Davel's comment on Banter.

However, I do find Trillions had to believe.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I agree it's a large number but dna technology is all about analysing very large numbers. If I were innocent and knew my child had never been in the boot of the car, I'd be willing to give it a go. Absolutely.
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2019, 04:43:40 PM »
I agree it's a large number but dna technology is all about analysing very large numbers. If I were innocent and knew my child had never been in the boot of the car, I'd be willing to give it a go. Absolutely.

The Population of The World today is 7.5 Billion.  Need I say more?

Offline Davel

« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »
It's not a good one imo, what's good about a comment that's wrong? If you listen to the podcast, nowhere in the podcast does anyone attempt to discredit the FSS. They refer in the podcast to the outdated methods they were using in 2007 but that in no way imo is an attempt to discredit anyone, it's a statement of fact. 12 years is a very long time in modern science, technology evolves. 
If I'm wrong I'll enjoy reading the cite you provide that demonstrates there was any attempt to discredit anyone from the FSS?
The man is claiming he has a modern method, accepted in courts of law that could prove if the DNA in the car came from the child or not. Does the thought of not appeal to you? Reading through this thread, I'm beginning to wonder.

I think you should listen again.....there is an attempt o discredit the FSS...and its gone on here too...I would love to see the results of his tests but...first..it may already have been done with the NZ lab and secondly...neither Grange nor the PJ think its necessary....i have suggested to Mark S that he gets Perlin himself to approach Grange...so im certainly up for it
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Davel

« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2019, 04:58:03 PM »

its not up to the mccanns...but of course whatever result was found would NOT answer the question...was maddies corpse transported in the car... The only people who know if maddies body was ever in the boot is the MCcanns....they dont need any test to tell them the answer
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:00:18 PM by Davel »
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Davel

« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2019, 05:01:54 PM »

simple question...if the test was negative...what would it prove

Offline Cheeky Monkey

« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2019, 05:23:14 PM »
its not up to the mccanns...but of course whatever result was found would NOT answer the question...was maddies corpse transported in the car
It would answer it for me.  8(0(*

Offline Davel

« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2019, 05:43:28 PM »
It would answer it for me.  8(0(*
It would not prove maddies body was never in the car... I thought you demanded proof

Offline Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #357 on: March 26, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
The Population of The World today is 7.5 Billion.  Need I say more?
Yes but even if the worlds population went into the trillions your DNA will still be unique to you. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
its not up to the mccanns...but of course whatever result was found would NOT answer the question...was maddies corpse transported in the car... The only people who know if maddies body was ever in the boot is the MCcanns....they dont need any test to tell them the answer
According to Gerry other people used that car.  So you can't say Gerry was the only person who could have put a cadaver in the hire car.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »
According to Gerry other people used that car.  So you can't say Gerry was the only person who could have put a cadaver in the hire car.
It was a hire car ... do you think one of the other people who had hired it prior to the McCanns might have carried a body in the boot?