Author Topic: Netflix launches new 8-part documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 1805 times)

alphonse and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

They already have one of those, don't they? Last post was made Jan 11th.....we must be doing something right. :)
Haha, yes! 
"I have hated the way social media has facilitated the abuse of Gerry and Kate McCann, and found it hard to fathom the insensitivity of all those who have posted accusations about themď - David James Smith

Offline Vertigo Swirl

It was articulated in reply to your question.

If you are looking for a missing child, you carry out missing child procedures.

If you are thinking of an abducted child, you carry out abduction procedures.

Very simple.
So if the child had disappeared in the middle of the night from a locked apartment in which the parents were present, then abduction would have been the only possible theory?  I'm not sure it is that simple.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:57:56 PM by Brietta »
"I have hated the way social media has facilitated the abuse of Gerry and Kate McCann, and found it hard to fathom the insensitivity of all those who have posted accusations about themď - David James Smith

Offline Cheeky Monkey

No need for  jemmy if you can open a window or have a key.  I do know what a jemmy is btw, but thanks for asking.
Without proof, a key is a figment of people's fertile imaginations imo. And the open window (if it was unlocked) it's not what i call valuable evidence, would you? It's got even less strength than the dog alerts imo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 03:00:37 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

Jon Clarke says he arrived just as the McCanns were leaving for Potimao. He says he went uo onto the balcony of 5A but didn't go in because 'obviously it would have been a crime scene'. Did he reread what he jad said previously? Obviously not.

When I arrived at about 11.45am I was firstly able to walk into the apartment, where I introduced myself to the McCanns and told them I would do everything I could to help.
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2017/05/11/madeleine-mccann-olive-press-editor-talks-first-journalist-scene-10th-anniversary-disappearance/

He also says that there was an announcement to the press that the McCanns were going to make their first appeal late on 4th. I wonder who announced that? Kate McCann gives the impression that it was a spur of the moment decision by Gerry.

For all you know that could have been reiterated but edited out ... he had no editorial say in what ended up on screen.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Eleanor

It didnít take much time or resources if you believe they didnít move the body.

What does that mean?  If I believe they didn't move what body?

Offline Eleanor

I like a good debate as much as the next man but some members are truly not worth the bother.

I think everyone is worth the bother.  Even if I don't agree with them.

Offline Eleanor

It was articulated in reply to your question, so please get up to speed.

If you are looking for a missing child, you carry out missing child procedures.

If you are thinking of an abducted child, you carry out abduction procedures.

Very simple.

There is no need for insulting asides..

Offline Cheeky Monkey

I think everyone is worth the bother.  Even if I don't agree with them.
Ah...i think you're great.  8(0(*

Offline Brietta

He told a couple of whoppers in he Netflix documentary.  He just canít help it IMO.

Maybe not so much that he couldn't help it ... more that he wasn't used to being contradicted by other witness statements and it will be a surprise to him?

He is more used to holding the floor in broadcasts ... I think it would actually have suited him better to have played the 'dignity' card and ignored trying to ace Kate and Gerry.
He might have gone down well in the past as far as Portugal is concerned ... different matter in international terms such as Netflix which has to determine what is libel and what is not.  Wonder if Amaral will add Netflix to his conspiracy theories ... I think his before camera performance was transparently dire.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Eleanor

Without proof, a key is a figment of people's fertile imaginations imo. And the open window (if it was unlocked) comes from the mouth of a self confessed liar. It's not what i call valuable evidence, would you? It's got even less strength than the dog alerts imo unless you can tell me how you know for certain when a self confessed liar is telling the truth? If Peter Hyatt can't do it, why should I believe you can?

I require a Cite for Self Confessed Liar.  Otherwise I shall delete this and any other references to it.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

I require a Cite for Self Confessed Liar.  Otherwise I shall delete this and any other references to it.
It's out of Kate's book - it's the me and gerry had never lied about anything blah blah blah but we didn't seem to have a choice. Do I have to dig it out the direct quote?

Offline Eleanor

Ah...i think you're great.  8(0(*

I think you are handling this Forum with new rules quite well most of the time.

Offline Eleanor

It's out of Kate's book - it's the me and gerry had never lied about anything blah blah blah but we didn't seem to have a choice. Do I have to dig it out the direct quote?

What Kate said was not a Lie.  A Fib at worst.  Sorry, but I am not having that it was.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

What Kate said was not a Lie.  A Fib at worst.  Sorry, but I am not having that it was.
You're boss but a lie is a lie and Gerry's blog had it's fair share also.
If people can't accept the truth, what's the point?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:40:09 PM by Cheeky Monkey »

Offline Brietta

You do everything you can as a parent to ensure the safety of your child, nobody can protect their child 100% from all risks, obviously. You reduce those risks as much as you can.

I do think we would be having a much different conversation had Madeline been abducted from the locked apartment while the family slept and I am sure the initial investigation would have been carried out in a far different manner.
I doubt very much if the initial investigation would have been conducted any differently from Madeleine's and Joana's disappearances.
Netflix linked them.
Netflix  went to the trouble of replicating the reconstitution showing the alleged dismemberment of Joana and the impossibility of the eight year old's body fitting in the fridge.

Fridge ~ pigs ~ publicity ~ unfound children and mothers ... ring any bells?