Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 55007 times)

Offline Cheeky Monkey

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »
Which is exactly what this thread is all about ... the eclectic nature of the system which sustains sceptic beliefs.  Which I think are of the Pick-and-Mix variety ... and all highly pejorative of absolutely everything McCann.
I'd have adopted the same system for anyone thrusting themselves into public life and who adopted a similar approach to having an evidence less based theory stuffed down my throat, at a cost to the public (me being one) of £12 million. Until they started spending my money, I didn't have a system.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:43:52 PM by Admin »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

Offline Erngath

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2019, 11:43:28 AM »
That you know of.

If there is, why are the police not acting on this evidence?
And as the years and years of police investigation continues without any indication that the McCanns are suspects, what does keep you and other sceptics so convinced that there is such evidence?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »
That conclusion isn't over riding though. If it was there would be nothing to discuss.

It at the moment as far as the police are concerned.
Unless you know otherwise.

Offline Davel

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
The  dog alerts aren't something I rely on, they're just one of the many puzzling features of the case. They seem to be one of your main interests though; they get dragged into every thread, relevant or not.
I never used the word rely....i think sceptics such as yourself put too much emphasis on them...the reason i see belief in the alerts being important is that according to Almeida ..at the libel trial...they were the main reason the mccanns were made arguidos...the MAIN reason...thats not me attaching importance to them its teh initial investigation. You yourself misquoted grime when you posted  Grime had said in his opinion the dog alerts were to cadaver.

mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2019, 11:48:20 AM »
There is evidence against the McCanns.

Witness statements are evidence.

A witness said they saw Kate & Gerry carrying a big black bag & acting suspiciously.
@)(++(*  Several witnesses saw Murat acting suspiciously on the night of the abduction.  Evidence against him too.  I guess he is not cleared then, and is still a suspect.
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »
Please note that 'it remains one of the foundation of sceptic beliefs' in your opinion. I'm one of those you have named a sceptic and I accept that some people turn to religopn in times of trouble so it's definitely not a sifnificant matter in my opinion.
When not liking something ... for example, the subject of this thread ... the old deflection card is played as your post illustrates.

I don't recall 'naming' you as anything ... so that definitely requires a cite.

Even had I done so ... why would you object being called a sceptic?

To the topic ...
Nothing which isn't true is of itself of any significance ... it is the sum of the whole which gives the lie significance enough to feature in a police interrogation.

Question 24: Did you ask for a priest?

Which suggests the the Portuguese police did indeed find it of significance as have a legion of sceptic believers in the twelve years since.

The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
I'd have adopted the same system for anyone thrusting themselves into public life and who adopted a similar approach to having an evidence less based theory stuffed down my throat, at a cost to the public (me being one) of £12 million. Until they started spending my money, I didn't have a system. I didn't give a shit about them then.
I'm not entirely sure if you are aware of it but I think your posts illustrate in concise detail many of the shibboleths held dear in the sceptic belief system.

I also think it illustrates the belief that Madeleine isn't really worth looking for if it has and is costing the British taxpayer money.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:37:27 PM by Angelo222 »
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Brietta

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
@)(++(*  Several witnesses saw Murat acting suspiciously on the night of the abduction.  Evidence against him too.  I guess he is not cleared then, and is still a suspect.
The difference is that those witnesses appear in the files ... I think Amaral's book and documentary are polluted with those who are nought but a figment of his imagination.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if you are aware of it but I think your posts illustrate in concise detail many of the shibboleths held dear in the sceptic belief system.

I also think it illustrates the belief that Madeleine isn't really worth looking for if it has and is costing the British taxpayer money.

There is no evidence to support an abduction, it really is that simple.
If you have some I'll be more happy to consider it?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:23:03 PM by John »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

Offline Davel

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
there's lots of evidence that supports abduction....those with a closed mind cant see it....Redwood actually said ..based on teh evidence when he talked of abduction
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:38:37 PM by Angelo222 »
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Cheeky Monkey

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2019, 12:17:13 PM »
thers lots of evidence that supports abduction....those with a closed mind cant see it....Redwood actually said ..based on teh evidence when he talked of abduction
How can you be certain Smithman is evidence of an abduction? And how can you be certain he wasn't in fact Gerry like Mr Smith and his wife believe? Redwood said a lot of things and he showed us a lot of things too.
He showed us a photograph of an abductor who he claims never existed. Not exactly evidence for an abduction, is it now?

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
If there is, why are the police not acting on this evidence?
And as the years and years of police investigation continues without any indication that the McCanns are suspects, what does keep you and other sceptics so convinced that there is such evidence?

I’m sorry but how do you know what they are acting on ? An answer to a question put to Rowley two years ago, an question that could not be answered in any other way if details of the investigation were to be kept confidential.

Do you agree that if the parents were being investigated that we wouldn’t be told about it until they were arrested or charged ?
'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »
I’m sorry but how do you know what they are acting on ? An answer to a question put to Rowley two years ago, an question that could not be answered in any other way if details of the investigation were to be kept confidential.

Do you agree that if the parents were being investigated that we wouldn’t be told about it until they were arrested or charged ?

Well they've not acted so far!
I'm fairly sure that if the McCanns were being investigated, it would be very difficult to carry out that investigation without a hint of such a sensational move being leaked.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
It at the moment as far as the police are concerned.
Unless you know otherwise.

You seem to believe that the police tell the public the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There is evidence that they don't even do that in a court of law. I'm pleased to see you acknowledge that things can change. What is true at one moment isn't necessarily true for evermore.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »
According to some Believers the McCanns have been under investigation for nigh on 9 years.  What aspects of the McCanns have the police been investigating in those 9 years I wonder...?  *%6^
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.