Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 55450 times)

Offline Davel

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
It's nothing to do with the PJ at all. Sometimes a story just doesn't ring true. Were people really expected to believe that that a couple wemt out and left their kids home alone five nights in succession? That they didn't even lock the doors? How on earth are they going to live with the guilt and sorrow? Quite well, apparently.

If this makes you disbelieve the McCann's I think your logic is poor.  I posted two photos a year a two ago of a young lady.. Teenager I think.... At her family's funeral.  Bothe her parents and three siblings had been murdered the week before... One photo showed her smiling broadly and another showed her in absolute bits... The McCann's being captured smiling is nothing unusual in the circumstances

cassidy stay........     www.google.com/search?q=cassidy+stay+funeral&oq=cassidy+stay+funeral&aqs=chrome..69i57.7935j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

have  alook at the images...does your explanation for her smiling broadly mean we should doubt her account of the murder

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:38:07 PM by Davel »
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Davel

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
cassidy at her families funeral
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Brietta

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »
My purpose in showing that photograph is not to persuade but to explain. I accept that some are of the opinion that they were seeing a couple hiding desperation, guilt, overwhelming despair and broken hearts behind a brave smile,  but ithers were astonished and began to wonder. Wondering isn't hateful it's a natural reaction to something the viewer finds inexplicable.
I doubt very much if there could be a clearer example of belief propped up of necessity by propaganda as sceptics leapt on a frame from a video and promoted it.  Very much as it continues to be promoted twelve years down the line.

It is a perfect example showing the actual fragility of the sceptic beliefs that they exist and work only through avid proselyting however meaningless and trivial.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »
Your post epitomises the sceptic propensity to dwell in the comfort zone of past belief while totally ignoring any evidence which proves the contrary.

The final police report records that Mr Smith's statement was mistaken because it was impossible for the man he saw to be Gerry McCann ... and considering that Mr Smith asserts in his statement to the police that he would be unable to identify the man he saw anyway ... don't you think it odd you are repeating a misidentification which was proved to be false?
Proving sceptic belief defies evidence which contradicts it.

Things have moved on since 2008.

"The last at 21:51, when Kate, Madeleine's mother goes to the apartment, before alerting to the disappearance."

Smith family left Kelly's bar at 22:00

What was impossible?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:03:18 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »

"The last at 21:51, when Kate, Madeleine's mother goes to the apartment, before alerting to the disappearance."

Smith family left Kelly's bar at 22:00

What was impossible?

If you haven't already ... allow me to recommend you read the PJ Final Report and the Archiving Dispatch.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2019, 08:06:15 PM »

DCI Redwood said: “The timeline we have now established has given new significance to sightings and movements of people in and around Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.

“Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/madeleine-mccann-crimewatch-reconstruction-police-2368670
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2019, 08:51:37 PM »
What is quite wrong and hateful (IMO) about the photo is not the McCanns smiling broadly in it but the fact that it represents one fleeting moment of probably no more than 2 seconds of their time outside that church that has been used by people like you trying to make out that the McCanns were happy an completely carefree in the face of their child's disappearance.  How else could you describe the actions of those (like yourself) who keep using this picture as evidence when it shows nothing more than a second in time taken completely out of context?  Why do you do it?

I'm attempting to demonstrate why people began to wonder about the McCanns without any input by the PJ. I'm doing it because some people seem to believe that no-one would have doubted them if ir wasn't for the PJ. That isn't true.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2019, 09:01:09 PM »
I'm attempting to demonstrate why people began to wonder about the McCanns without any input by the PJ. I'm doing it because some people seem to believe that no-one would have doubted them if ir wasn't for the PJ. That isn't true.
Are you attempting to demonstrate how blatant anti McCann propaganda influenced people’s attitudes towards the McCanns, because if so you’ve certainly been successful doing that but that is all.
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »

I suspected the McCanns as far back as the evening of May 4th 2007 (before the PJ leaked or a dog had barked) when Gerry read a statement & Kate couldn't get any tears to come out of her eyes. I remember watching & thinking 'they look iffy' . Then later, as the investigation progressed, I knew they dunnit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:17:12 PM by Wonderfulspam »
"I bet the parents dunnit" (Me)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »
Are you attempting to demonstrate how blatant anti McCann propaganda influenced people’s attitudes towards the McCanns, because if so you’ve certainly been successful doing that but that is all.

Why do you see what I have posted as propaganda? By whom? Those reporting on the disappearance in the first 12 days after Madeleine's disappearance? People watched, listened and drew their own conclusions.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
I suspected the McCanns as far back as the evening of May 4th 2007 (before the PJ leaked or a dog had barked) when Gerry read a statement & Kate couldn't get any tears to come out of her eyes. I remember watching & thinking 'they look iffy' . Then later, as the investigation progressed, I knew they dunnit.
It took you that long?   @)(++(*
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2019, 09:25:04 PM »
It took you that long?   @)(++(*

I remember vividly the news was on & I was saying to the TV, as one does, 'investigate the parents'.
Of course, that didn't happen straight away thanks to John Buck.
"I bet the parents dunnit" (Me)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
Why do you see what I have posted as propaganda? By whom? Those reporting on the disappearance in the first 12 days after Madeleine's disappearance? People watched, listened and drew their own conclusions.
I have made it clear why I see it as propaganda.  That picture does not show the McCanns typical behaviour after Madeleine disappeared.  They did not walk around PdL hand in hand laughing and smiling all day long.  That picture shows a brief moment of levity no longer than a second or two yet has become ubiquitous on anti McCann forums as evidence of the McCanns apparent lack of concern and their happiness in the face of their daughter’s disappearance.  There is nothing suspicious about smiling briefly in the face of terrible grief or adversity but you seem to think it’s significant enough to post this picture yet again for us to pore over.  Why?

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »
I remember vividly the news was on & I was saying to the TV, as one does, 'investigate the parents'.
Of course, that didn't happen straight away thanks to John Buck.
Well aren’t you special.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »

Shocking  8(0(*