Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 18877 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »
10th January 2017 - Sandra Lean stated here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8086.msg382961.html#msg382961
“Ah, good, I was hoping this would come around again. Stephanie thinks I was “blatantly avoiding” her questions. In fact, the thread had spiralled off in several different directions – I was just waiting until my response made logical sense. So, not hiding anything either.

Stephanie also thinks No Smoke should have been withdrawn or revised. I understand Stephanie’s right to feel that way. While she is also entitled to ask questions, I am under no obligation to answer them. However, on this occasion, I choose to address a couple of matters raised by Stephanie for the benefit of others who may be interested.

I spoke with many people (including others whose cases were mentioned or discussed) about the question of withdrawing the book. Not one of them wanted the book withdrawn. There were discussions about possible revisions which would, of necessity, have taken a great deal of time and effort - time and effort that I was not capable of devoting to the matter at that time.

When I revise No Smoke, the quote I posted earlier, give or take, will be the revision for Simon's case. Take it or leave it!

Sandra Lean:
Media wars are not my thing. Misinformation is not my thing.”

A campaigner fighting to overturn a high-profile murder conviction has accused MOJO of betraying potential miscarriages of justice victims.

Dr Sandra Lean said it was "really exciting" when MOJO asked to get involved with Luke Mitchell case two years ago.

Mitchell was jailed for the 2003 murder of Jodi Jones, 14, but continues to protest his innocence.

Lean said: "It was really exciting news. It looked like the case was getting picked up again, it looked like there was going to be some real progress here."

However, last month Mitchell's mother Corinne blasted MOJO for "doing nothing" since taking on her son's case and recovered his case files from their office.

Lean told STV News: "Part of the problem was the promises being made were not being kept. The case review itself was something of a farce. There was no central strategy. There was no planned route to how this review was going to take place.

"The idea of having the Luke Mitchell case, this huge case on their books, was good publicity for them."

The campaigners say that the alleged failings may have harmed Mitchell's case.

Lean added: "I was going to say it's a disaster but if they're not doing the work, they're giving false hope to people and that, in the circumstances these people are in, that it shocking, that is dreadful.

"I believe that some real damage has been done. There are a couple of things that should have been acted on very quickly, that were not and in spite of a number of promptings, a number of questions, a number of attempts to get something done, there just didn't seem to be the will to do what needed doing and some of that now means that routes forward that should have been available may no longer be available."

In response, McIlvride said: "We are aware of the criticism recently levelled at us by Mrs Corrine Mitchell.

"We do not consider it justified, but would not propose to rehearse the arguments in the context of what is, essentially, an unwarranted attack on myself, and, worse, the charity, by parties who are motivated to do us harm."

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

MOJO - An Update 26th August 2019 BY EUAN MCILVRIDE
”Following on recent media publicity concerning the Organisation, the effect of which has been to cause significant unnecessary anxiety to our service users and supporters, we provide the following update.

At our own instigation, necessary improvements to our compliance and governance arrangements were introduced by MOJO in April and May of this year.   As we are a registered charity these were properly reported to the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, by ourselves, at the time.

The recent publicity followed on allegations of impropriety in our revised governance arrangements, subsequently made to  OSCR, and to the Scottish Government, by a now ex-director of MOJO and others associated with him.   Similar allegations were made, by the same parties, to our funders and potential funders which resulted in the withdrawal of some recently agreed financial support.

OSCR rightly reviewed these allegations and we fully cooperated with their enquiries. OSCR has confirmed that there are no matters of regulatory concern.   

Our funding from the Scottish Government remains in place and we are now working to restore the funding recently lost because of these allegations, as we are determined to expand and improve the aftercare service we provide to our vulnerable and deserving clients.

It is a matter of deep regret to us that needless anxiety and uncertainty has been caused to those who matter most – the clients whom we serve.   Throughout this difficult time we have continued to provide our usual services, and we will continue to do so.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind support throughout this period.   We are grateful.

https://mojoscotland.org/mojo-an-update/?fbclid=IwAR1uTjbKeUOt0LtLOIFJZcjBAUnPBYLo4C_Ixhd5TT00-DB-Mc4cisVmVtQ
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:16:33 PM by Nicholas »
A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes