Author Topic: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?  (Read 2454 times)

Online Davel

Re: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
OK Bottom line- The fund was set up to and marketed as a  'find Madeleine fund'. After initial donations  sent to perhaps assist a grief stricken  family . It became a 'family business'.

I have no issue with that if they want to make money, fair dooz. However, usng their daughters name to emotionally blackmail people is morally and ethically wrong.  They could have called it a 'family fund' to be used to help search for  Madeliene and legal fees. ofcourse this was done before we found out about the time line-unlocked door-etc.

And people in the beginning were buying into the drama of 'jemied window whooshing curtains and MBM 'snatched' from her bed'. As opposed to could have walked out of the apartment to get her parents who were eating and drinking- not even mentioning the crying incident- 'checks' we listening at a door and not physical checks! I feel sure, armed with this information on day one, things would have worked out quite different.

I think it's morrally wrong to troll the family day in day out and that's how I see what is happening online
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
I think it's morrally wrong to troll the family day in day out and that's how I see what is happening online

Do you see questioning the parentís narrative as trolling ?
'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »

Feel free to go to these trolls online in what ever form and challenge them. Questioning their motives and timelines and behaviour with regards to missing Madeliene is not trolling, unless in your opinion you believe it is.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »

Snap!  he does seem to imply it doesn't he.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online G-Unit

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »
Snap!  he does seem to imply it doesn't he.

The Canpaign has only ever been interested in the fact that Madeleine disappeared rather than why or how it happened. Asking those questions isn't trolling, but it has been suggested that it is in order to discredit/silence those who raise those questions.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Davel

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2019, 12:50:25 PM »

Day in.. Day out.. Criticising just about everything they have done... Accusing them of lying... Accusing them of chucking their daughters body in a bin...

Yes I see it as trolling
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
The abject nastiness of some of you nearly leaves me defeated.  But only nearly.

You may take my Moderation as it pleases you because I no longer care.  But then that is what Moderation is all about.

It has been a long and very boring learning curve, and Rob could knock spots of all of you.

But do carry on.  We don't have much else to talk about.

What you think of me no longer matters.  Most of you would't take this on because you would much rather be really horrible.

But there was a time when I cared about the opinions of all of you.  Long gone now.  Not one Sceptic can give anyone an answer.

But don't any of you think that have ever been sold on the story, just because.

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
Day in.. Day out.. Criticising just about everything they have done... Accusing them of lying... Accusing them of chucking their daughters body in a bin...

Yes I see it as trolling

Erin Buckels whose research into trolling which was quoted on the OFM Facebook page wrote me the following email ( permission to make it public was given )

Hi ****************

Thanks for your email. I was not aware of Madeleineís story, but I took a
look at the official Find Madeleine Facebook page a moment ago.
Unfortunately, itís hard for me to judge the situation because it looks
like the admins have deleted most (if not all) of the offending comments.
From your description, it certainly does not fit the standard definition
of trolling. It sounds more like cyber-activism to me.

In general, I do not support censorship and I do not think it is
appropriate to censor comments like the ones you describe. You should not
label someone a troll just because they have a dissenting viewpoint.
Personally, I think that even real trolling has a legitimate place in
online discourse.

I wish you luck.

Sincerely,
Erin Buckels
'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Offline jassi

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2019, 01:23:44 PM »
The abject nastiness of some of you nearly leaves me defeated.  But only nearly.

You may take my Moderation as it pleases you because I no longer care.  But then that is what Moderation is all about.

It has been a long and very boring learning curve, and Rob could knock spots of all of you.

But do carry on.  We don't have much else to talk about.

What you think of me no longer matters.  Most of you would't take this on because you would much rather be really horrible.

But there was a time when I cared about the opinions of all of you.  Long gone now. Not one Sceptic can give anyone an answer.

But don't any of you think that have ever been sold on the story, just because.

Why should we? Sceptics aren't trying to persuade others of their point of view - or at least, I'm not
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   Into year 13 and still no solution.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2019, 01:55:29 PM »

Why should we? Sceptics aren't trying to persuade others of their point of view - or at least, I'm not

No, I don't think that you are.  Perhaps some sort of Ifs and Maybes.  And I don't have a problem with that.

The difference between Thee and Me is that I give the benefit of doubt.  Why can you not do this?

Offline barrier

« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »

How about trolling Martin Grime daily is that morally wrong.
I'm not worried about anything,I'm not fearing any man.

Offline jassi

« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2019, 02:21:03 PM »
No, I don't think that you are.  Perhaps some sort of Ifs and Maybes.  And I don't have a problem with that.

The difference between Thee and Me is that I give the benefit of doubt.  Why can you not do this?

Until the case is solved, I see no reason to give any of the principal players the benefit of the doubt.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   Into year 13 and still no solution.

Offline The General

« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »
How about trolling Martin Grime daily is that morally wrong.
Indeed. Poor Martin.
Most Deleted Posts 2019

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »
Indeed. Poor Martin.

Martin Grime was a grandstander  Nothing wrong with that, so long as no one got convicted.

Offline The General

« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2019, 02:48:53 PM »
Martin Grime was a grandstander  Nothing wrong with that, so long as no one got convicted.
Luckily Martin won't see the incessant trolling from you guys.
Most Deleted Posts 2019