Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 37509 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1485 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »
Half the western world do not have ALL of the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann.

They have some of them.

Please don't play word games with me.  I am so much better at it than you are.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1486 on: July 10, 2020, 11:43:32 PM »
IMO you might share 1 0r 2 alleles with your neighbour but there are so many alleles to pick from.

More than that. 5-6 alleles in common is very frequent even between strangers. Have a look at the DNA files and compare them with her profile.

What I've found to be rarer, checking through various random DNA profiles on the web, is more than 1-2 markers in common.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1487 on: July 10, 2020, 11:48:42 PM »
Half the western world do not have ALL of the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann.

No one seems to have said that.

"An incomplete DNA result was obtained from cellular material on the swab 3a. The swab contained very little information and showed low level indications of DNA from more than one person. However, all of the confirmed DNA components within this result match the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann."

I.e., the few alleles found corresponded with those in her profile.

Even Amaral lost interest in the flat.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1488 on: July 10, 2020, 11:49:34 PM »
More than that. 5-6 alleles in common is very frequent even between strangers. Have a look at the DNA files and compare them with her profile.

What I've found to be rarer, checking through various random DNA profiles on the web, is more than 1-2 markers in common.

Thanks, and what is the number of corresponding alleles in swab 3a? PS - I know there was more than one contributor so that further makes more matches a higher probability.... but how many alleles matched? We know one swab from the hire car matched 15 - but again more than one contributor. I'm interested to know how many matches in swab 3a. Thanks again.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1489 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:55 PM »

Thank you.

DNA is Finite.  Well, it would be, wouldn't it, if you think about it.

A mixture of several people will always be a problem.

« Reply #1490 on: July 11, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
No one seems to have said that.

"An incomplete DNA result was obtained from cellular material on the swab 3a. The swab contained very little information and showed low level indications of DNA from more than one person. However, all of the confirmed DNA components within this result match the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann."

I.e., the few alleles found corresponded with those in her profile.

Even Amaral lost interest in the flat.

The actual number would have been useful. Is it only the summary that was made public rather than the actual result in numbers?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1491 on: July 11, 2020, 12:08:50 AM »
Portuguese police have launched searches for Madeleine McCann’s body on the Algarve, according to Portuguese media reports.

The searches are said to have been conducted in wells in Vila do Bispo, a 20 minute drive west of Praia da Luz where the youngster vanished in May 2007.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-madeleine-mccann-police-searching-22337800.amp

Ping Vila do Bispo July 2007
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1492 on: July 11, 2020, 12:15:04 AM »
Portuguese police have launched searches for Madeleine McCann’s body on the Algarve, according to Portuguese media reports.

The searches are said to have been conducted in wells in Vila do Bispo, a 20 minute drive west of Praia da Luz where the youngster vanished in May 2007.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-madeleine-mccann-police-searching-22337800.amp

Thank You for that.  The last thing that I want if for Madeleine to be dead, but those Wells have to be searched.

And at least someone is doing something at long last.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1493 on: July 11, 2020, 12:16:10 AM »
Thanks, and what is the number of corresponding alleles in swab 3a? PS - I know there was more than one contributor so that further makes more matches a higher probability.... but how many alleles matched? We know one swab from the hire car matched 15 - but again more than one contributor. I'm interested to know how many matches in swab 3a. Thanks again.

The quantity isn't mentioned in the files, but Amaral was asked that in one of his interviews, and he said 5. I've no idea where he got that from, so I have no idea if he's right or not (I'll post the cite if I find it again.)

Offline Carana

« Reply #1494 on: July 11, 2020, 12:36:39 AM »
The actual number would have been useful. Is it only the summary that was made public rather than the actual result in numbers?

In the FSS file, the only full profile mentioned is Madeleine's.

In the PT DNA file, if you scroll down, you'll find 3 other (seemingly uncontaminated) profiles. None of them are Madeleine's. If you have a look and compare any one of them with hers, you'll find quite a few in common. If you compare hers with the combination of even 2 others (as a hypothetical example of a contaminated sample), you'll find many more in common. There's a long thread on here somewhere on DNA.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PORTUGUESE-FORENSIC.htm

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1495 on: July 11, 2020, 12:56:51 AM »

It is actually quite simple.  The Whole Human World shares DNA but it comes in a variety of forms.  Sometimes they overlap in bits and pieces.

If it is pure then there isn't a problem, but sometimes and probably more often than not it gets mixed up with the DNA of other people, mostly family.  And then it gets a bit difficult to decide which members of the family since the DNA will be very similar.

I personally have a problem with DNA because  I believe that it will never be an exact science.

Take that as you may.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1496 on: July 12, 2020, 01:44:23 AM »
Carana

I think that you are our DNA expert. 

Could a false specific DNA be laboritory manufactured?  ... please

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:02:12 PM by sadie »

« Reply #1497 on: July 12, 2020, 02:10:28 AM »

July 26th from what I'm led to believe!

Offline Carana

« Reply #1498 on: July 12, 2020, 04:19:00 PM »
Carana

I think that you are our DNA expert. 

Could a false specific DNA be labority manufactured?  ... please
I'm not sure what you mean, Sadie. I'm not a geneticist, sorry.

« Reply #1499 on: July 12, 2020, 04:56:58 PM »
Something else to bear in mind ... if Eddie alerts but Keela doesn’t (for example next to the bedroom cupboard) then imo we can say with around 95% certainty that the alert is to cadaver odour and not blood. Wasn’t it Redwood who said something along the lines of “MM might possibly not have been alive when she left the apartment”? There’s nothing apart from Eddie’s alert where Keela didn’t to make him assert that , imo.