Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 71250 times)

Offline Davel

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »
When ever did truth matter Eleanor ?

Truth is now what you can make people believe and those astute enough to question that truth are labelled heretics. It certainly is a tipsy turvy world.

truth has always mattered ...but not to those who I would label gullible. Amaral made many claims...believed by many...but not backed by evidence.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:17:03 PM by Davel »
Master of Pinteresque Pauses

Online Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 12:23:15 PM »
When ever did truth matter Eleanor ?

Truth is now what you can make people believe and those astute enough to question that truth are labelled heretics. It certainly is a tipsy turvy world.

It never did to some, Faith.  I think that's the point I'm trying to make.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »
truth has always mattered ...but not to those who I would label gullible. Amaral made many claims...believed by many...but not backed by evidence.

The McCanns also made many claims, believed by many, but not backed by evidence.

No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline misty

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
The McCanns also made many claims, believed by many, but not backed by evidence.

The McCanns made their claims based on personal & direct experience of the circumstances surrounding Madeleine's disappearance, not as an observer to the aftermath.

Offline Davel

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

This thread is Re amaral so you are off topic... I think the decision to believe the mccanns or not is based on lots of real evidence

Offline misty

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
And what about Sofia Leal?  I read somewhere that she had bought a B&B in Spain with the book money, but I have no idea if this is true.

She was still working for the Tourist Board in 2016. https://dre.pt/home/-/dre/73013574/details/maximized but I think she was dismissed for poor work attendance.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 02:19:06 PM »
She was still working for the Tourist Board in 2016. https://dre.pt/home/-/dre/73013574/details/maximized but I think she was dismissed for poor work attendance.

Interesting.  Or not.  Not sure.  She was never going to divorce Goncalo and then she did.  Something to do with Sofia owning half of a house with Goncalo.

And then it all went quiet and now I am wondering where Goncalo might be living.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
if true that would suggest he is currently an arguido.  Again.

Which may explain the silence emanating from Portugal if there is a shred of truth in the allegation.  The Spanish media would not be covered by the same restriction.

It might indeed explain Amaral's presence as photographed outside the court but not why he has not been mentioned by name.

Although the Spanish press do not have appeared to have been ruled by the same discretion.
Snip
The man was arrested for participating in a criminal network responsible for organizing various robberies of properties and resorts in Portugal . According to information from the Prosecutor's Office, Pereira's role would have been to provide information about the victims of the crimes.

Gonçalo Amaral, chief investigator of the case, is also being investigated for his participation in the same criminal network, but is currently at large.
https://www.24horas.cl/internacional/policia-involucrado-en-el-caso-de-madeleine-mccann-fue-arrestado-y-condenado-a-siete-anos-y-medio-de-prision-3776769
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Davel

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »
Which may explain the silence emanating from Portugal if there is a shred of truth in the allegation.  The Spanish media would not be covered by the same restriction.

It might indeed explain Amaral's presence as photographed outside the court but not why he has not been mentioned by name.

Although the Spanish press do not have appeared to have been ruled by the same discretion.
Snip
The man was arrested for participating in a criminal network responsible for organizing various robberies of properties and resorts in Portugal . According to information from the Prosecutor's Office, Pereira's role would have been to provide information about the victims of the crimes.

Gonçalo Amaral, chief investigator of the case, is also being investigated for his participation in the same criminal network, but is currently at large.
https://www.24horas.cl/internacional/policia-involucrado-en-el-caso-de-madeleine-mccann-fue-arrestado-y-condenado-a-siete-anos-y-medio-de-prision-3776769

Is this photo taken recently outside of court

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

No I don't think so.  I think it appeared when Cristovao was first charged with the kidnapping offences etc.  I will check.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Brietta

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »

The caption reads ...
"Former PJ police colleagues Paulo Pereira Cristovão (pictured left) and Gonçalo Amaral, who also authored a book on Madeleine's disappearance (right) pictured outside the Faro Court in 2008. (Photo: Lusa)"
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments

There are four comments referring to the article which sound a bit outraged please find three below which I think are pertinent to the item in the Spanish press ...

Snip

Of all the pictures available you had to choose one that included Mr. Amaral. You are once again showing your bias against Mr. Amaral. Have you forgotten the Fiasco over the court reports?
===============================================

Really? You're trying to make it look as if Amaral was involved in this?! Why not print a picture of Cristovão with Rogério Alves, the McCanns' lawyer who also defended Cristovão? Now that would be interesting! Poor Portugal News, poor journalism.

This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.

Offline Davel

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »
The caption reads ...
"Former PJ police colleagues Paulo Pereira Cristovão (pictured left) and Gonçalo Amaral, who also authored a book on Madeleine's disappearance (right) pictured outside the Faro Court in 2008. (Photo: Lusa)"
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments

There are four comments referring to the article which sound a bit outraged please find three below which I think are pertinent to the item in the Spanish press ...

Snip

Of all the pictures available you had to choose one that included Mr. Amaral. You are once again showing your bias against Mr. Amaral. Have you forgotten the Fiasco over the court reports?

Really? You're trying to make it look as if Amaral was involved in this?! Why not print a picture of Cristovão with Rogério Alves, the McCanns' lawyer who also defended Cristovão? Now that would be interesting! Poor Portugal News, poor journalism.

This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.

Very interesting that amaral is being investigated Re the Christovao case..... Very interesting... What will he supporters say... LOL

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Lazy shirker.
“we have carried out a very serious investigation and there is no indication whatsoever Madeleine McCann's parents are linked to her disappearance” - Hans Christian Wolters, German Prosecutor..

“Conspiracy theories exhibit a strong obsession with detail, often taking the form of highlighting a tiny piece of evidence and blowing it up out of all proportion, buttressing their claims with a display of pseudo-scholarship.  When they examine the real evidence, conspiracy theorists do not accept that minor inconsistencies come from mistakes in reporting.” Sir Richard J Evans, author and historian

Offline The General

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
Very interesting that amaral is being investigated Re the Christovao case..... Very interesting... What will he supporters say... LOL
Apart from me saying 'probably nothing' in this post, probably nothing.
If it wasn't for a couple of barrel scrapers dredging up any old tat on him on an obscure forum, I doubt anyone knows or indeed cares. LOL.
Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »
Lazy shirker.
Hey, Misty did quite a bit of work finding that.
Youngest Member of the Forum