Poll

If Offered A Covid Vaccine Today Would You Accept?

Yes
7 (53.8%)
No
4 (30.8%)
Don't Know
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Fast-tracking a vaccine  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Fast-tracking a vaccine
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »
I will take my chance with the vaccine as soon as I am offered one.  I accept there is probably some risk of long term side effects, but I'm nearly 67, so not too worried. If I were in my 20s, I might think differently.

Mr Wah feels the same as me.  He's 73, and, although he is in good physical health, he believes he will surely die if he gets Covid.  Oh dear!!

(ty6e[ mrswah

67 is still young!  Look at the Queen!  You might have another 30 plus years in the tank!

I'm over 40 and under 60 so I guess that makes me 50ish  8)><( and afaik I don't have any health issues so I would prefer to catch covid and hopefully build natural immunity rather than be vaccinated.  But it might make life difficult without a vaccine eg overseas travel and insurance. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2020, 09:34:24 PM »
(ty6e[ mrswah

67 is still young!  Look at the Queen!  You might have another 30 plus years in the tank!

I'm over 40 and under 60 so I guess that makes me 50ish  8)><( and afaik I don't have any health issues so I would prefer to catch covid and hopefully build natural immunity rather than be vaccinated.  But it might make life difficult without a vaccine eg overseas travel and insurance.

Unfortunately catching Covid when being in ones fifties and being healthy is not without problems.
Our eldest  son, aged 50 and in very good health, caught Covid early March.
His breathing and lung capacity have not returned to as it was before the virus and he had to have a chest xray last week.
We await the results.
I should add that he wasn't terribly unwell with the virus and this was in March before testing was introduced.
He is a teacher and possibly caught it in school.
All teachers have been given a monthly blood test to see if they have had the virus and his test shows he has.
He still has the antibodies ........
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:57:13 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
Unfortunately catching Covid when being in ones fifties and being healthy is not without problems.
His breathing and lung capacity have not returned to as it was before the virus and he had to have a chest xray last week.
We await the results.
I should add that he wasn't terribly unwell with the virus and this was in March before testing was introduced.
All teachers have been given a monthly blood test to see if they have had the virus and his test shows he has.

I wish your son a full and speedy recovery. 

By the time the likes of me are offered the vaccine I might well feel differently about it especially if it presents issues with regards to travelling overseas, obtaining travel insurance etc. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2020, 09:06:57 PM »
I wish your son a full and speedy recovery. 

By the time the likes of me are offered the vaccine I might well feel differently about it especially if it presents issues with regards to travelling overseas, obtaining travel insurance etc.

Thank you.
And in spite of the supposed ability of this virus to easily infect others who share a home, our daughter in law who is also a teacher and has also been tested shows no indication of having had the virus.
I'm not too sure when we will be offered the vaccine,we are both in our early seventies, so possibly early Spring and it will be with some trepidation that we do attend.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Thank you.
And in spite of the supposed ability of this virus to easily infect others who share a home, our daughter in law who is also a teacher and has also been tested shows no indication of having had the virus.
I'm not too sure when we will be offered the vaccine,we are both in our early seventies, so possibly early Spring and it will be with some trepidation that we do attend.

All the health care professionals appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet over the safeness.  By the time your turn comes round thousands, if not millions, will have gone before you.  Assuming the US and EU medi regulators also approve sounds like it might be the way to go ie get vaccinated! 

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2020, 10:23:33 PM »
(ty6e[ mrswah

My hairdresser is around your age, and she says the same. She wont have a flu vaccine either. 

I suppose one reason why hubby and I want the vaccine is that we want to be able to travel----particularly to see our son and family in Canada. Would be wonderful not to have to worry about being tested, tracked, traced and isolated!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:51 PM »
We await the results.

I hope your son recovers soon. We also know someone who had the virus in March, and who is still feeling the effects. Not good.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2020, 11:24:29 PM »
I hope your son recovers soon. We also know someone who had the virus in March, and who is still feeling the effects. Not good.

Thank you.
The results from his xray are fortunately clear.
However another teacher in his school came back after a five week absence because of Covid and has had to be declared unfit for work again.

Offline sadie

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
Here I am ; the guinea pig.

Had my first Pfizer injection yesterday.  So far no ill effects.
Yet I had an allergic reaction to my annual regular flu jab this year, so was a bit worried.

Hubby has his second Phizer jab in a weeks time

After the first jab, we both immediately felt a bit liberated - but we still remain housebound.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2021, 01:30:31 PM »
Despite being in my mid-seventies with no health problems I am getting my first Covid injection on Monday. I'm happy to take it so that I don't end up occupying a hospital bed.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2021, 02:41:11 PM »
Despite being in my mid-seventies with no health problems I am getting my first Covid injection on Monday. I'm happy to take it so that I don't end up occupying a hospital bed.
You’re very fortunate.  My parents who are in their mid 80s both with certain health issues have not had theirs yet nor been given any indication at all of when they are likely to get it.
“we have carried out a very serious investigation and there is no indication whatsoever Madeleine McCann's parents are linked to her disappearance” - Hans Christian Wolters, German Prosecutor..

“Conspiracy theories exhibit a strong obsession with detail, often taking the form of highlighting a tiny piece of evidence and blowing it up out of all proportion, buttressing their claims with a display of pseudo-scholarship.  When they examine the real evidence, conspiracy theorists do not accept that minor inconsistencies come from mistakes in reporting.” Sir Richard J Evans, author and historian

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »
Here I am ; the guinea pig.

Had my first Pfizer injection yesterday.  So far no ill effects.
Yet I had an allergic reaction to my annual regular flu jab this year, so was a bit worried.

Hubby has his second Phizer jab in a weeks time

After the first jab, we both immediately felt a bit liberated - but we still remain housebound.

Nice one Sadie 👍
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2021, 03:20:18 PM »
Looks like our relations with China will soon go down the pangolin...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138117/Boris-Johnson-blames-Chinese-Covid-saying-pandemic-triggered-demented-traditional-medicine.html

https://youtu.be/KTMPWqlhO_U?t=8919

Unlike the Russians, the Chinese are the silent aggressor. They have weedled their way into just about every facet of life on this planet. They are pumping money in everywhere with the intention of taking over the world by stealth. At least Donald Trump saw through them?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2021, 03:24:31 PM »
As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

How do others feel about getting vaccinated given the above?

I think the new Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine which was developed in Oxford and which only costs a couple of quid will do the trick.

Je ne regrette rien!!