Author Topic: The chain of command in the Bamber inquiry  (Read 1123 times)

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
The chain of command in the Bamber inquiry
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:09:14 PM »
Is it possible to work out the chain of command in the Bamber inquiry.

If Taff Jones was present for only 15 minutes who was the lead detective there before and after Taff arrives and leaves?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: The chain of command in the Bamber inquiry
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 06:57:29 AM »
Is it possible to work out the chain of command in the Bamber inquiry.

If Taff Jones was present for only 15 minutes who was the lead detective there before and after Taff arrives and leaves?

Chief Sup Harris decided it was murder/suicide. He was at soc long before DCI Jones.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »
Chief Sup Harris decided it was murder/suicide. He was at soc long before DCI Jones.
Based on instinct? Was this done on first impressions or did it take many hours of crime scene investigations.
 When the legend becomes fact,print the legend.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 07:29:58 AM »
Based on instinct? Was this done on first impressions or did it take many hours of crime scene investigations.

Many years of experience of presiding over murder investigations.

I guess Chief Sup Harris had a history of calling it right otherwise he wouldn't have reached such a rank? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
Many years of experience of presiding over murder investigations.

I guess Chief Sup Harris had a history of calling it right otherwise he wouldn't have reached such a rank?
They crucified the last guy who was perfect, I'm sure he made mistakes along the way,not least in this case.

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:28:55 AM »
They crucified the last guy who was perfect, I'm sure he made mistakes along the way, not least in this case.
I'm left wondering what and who you are talking about.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »
They crucified the last guy who was perfect, I'm sure he made mistakes along the way,not least in this case.

I don't understand Barrier, which last guy are you referring to? 

In this case the hierarchy assessed soc as murder/suicide.  No one contradicted this theory for over a month other than DS Jones who subsequently was single handedly involved with the evidence that convicted JB: silencer and JM's testimony.

Offline barrier

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »

In this case the hierarchy assessed soc as murder/suicide.  No one contradicted this theory for over a month other than DS Jones who subsequently was single handedly involved with the evidence that convicted JB: silencer and JM's testimony.

You've never heard of "the" Crucifixion?

Yet 10 out 12 of Bambers peers thought it was true, go figure.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 09:27:00 AM »

Yes, it's a given that "no one contradicted this theory for over a month other than DS Jones.............", but perhaps DS Jones didn't have Jeremy's story ringing in his ears and so wasn't prevented from looking any deeper.

I'm told that police wouldn't have put any reliance on Jeremy's words. If that's so, why did they wait the best part of three hours before breaking in?  I wonder how many times, during the early investigation, the words were uttered "The son/Jeremy said/told us..........."? Police, like the rest of us, learn through listening. For the first important hours, there was only Jeremy to listen to.

It certainly isn't fact that the whole team were behind Taff Jones. The whole team followed orders, which is rather different. Jeremy became Taff Jones' bible, and I'll hazard a guess that Taff Jones probably felt more than a little discomforted by the turnaround because he wasn't the type to hold his hands up to possible errors on his own part. STAN Jones, by comparison, didn't simply dismiss the relatives concerns, perhaps it was because he was too big a man to take it as a personal insult? At the very least,he saw what they said as being a possible alternative.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:37:49 AM by APRIL »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
You've never heard of "the" Crucifixion?

Yet 10 out 12 of Bambers peers thought it was true, go figure.

Gottcha  8((()*/ I'm not very cryptic. 

But if jurors were nudged along with evidence which might not have been all it seemed its hardly surprising 10/12 found in favour of guilt.

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 09:38:24 AM »

Blood Relations: The Definitive Account of Jeremy Bamber and the White House ...
By Roger Wilkes

Writes about Chief Supt Harris. and more. 

Moderation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »

Yes, it's a given that "no one contradicted this theory for over a month other than DS Jones.............", but perhaps DS Jones had Jeremy's story ringing in his ears and it prevented him from looking any deeper.

I'm told that police wouldn't have put any reliance on Jeremy's words. If that's so, why did they wait the best part of three hours before breaking in?  I wonder how many times, during the early investigation, the words were uttered "The son/Jeremy said/told us..........."? Police, like the rest of us, learn through listening. For the first important hours, there was only Jeremy to listen to.

It certainly isn't fact that the whole team were behind DS Jones. The whole team followed orders, which is rather different. Jeremy became DS Jones' bible, and I'll hazard a guess that DS Jones probably felt more than a little discomforted by the turnaround because he wasn't the type to hold his hands up to possible errors on his own part. STAN Jones, by comparison, didn't simply dismiss the relatives concerns, perhaps it was because he was too big a man to take it as a personal insult? At the very least,he saw what they said as being a possible alternative.

Where you refer to DS Jones I assume you mean DCI Jones?

I think the delay in entering was partly down to waiting for daylight.  Although at that time of the year its light long before 7.30 am.

I don't buy into the police being over conditioned by what JB told then to the extent their minds were closed.  If that was the case why did soc officers collect and document numerous exhibits for forensic examination and take hundreds of soc images?

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 09:42:39 AM »
Where you refer to DS Jones I assume you mean DCI Jones?

I think the delay in entering was partly down to waiting for daylight.  Although at that time of the year its light long before 7.30 am.

I don't buy into the police being over conditioned by what JB told then to the extent their minds were closed.  If that was the case why did soc officers collect and document numerous exhibits for forensic examination and take hundreds of soc images?
Where are these "hundreds of soc images"?
Moderation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »

Blood Relations: The Definitive Account of Jeremy Bamber and the White House ...
By Roger Wilkes

Writes about Chief Supt Harris. and more.

It's a long while since I read the book, please remind me if you have it. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »
Where are these "hundreds of soc images"?

With JB/CT.